Kmart 5L Slow Cooker

Kmart 5L Slow Cooker

Michael oshea

Michael osheaBrisbane

Hmm

Cooking wise does every thing you could expect from a slow cooker for twentt dollars you dont expect a lot of features. Kept simple not an issue.
Cleans up pretty darn easy! Little effort barely no elbow grease required! Sound product.
For the price paid its not hard to be satisfied.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jordana A

Jordana AAU

i like the look of the slow cooker

This slow cooker works OK for the price and I like the look of the ceramic bowl that inserts but I have had other brands in the past that cook better. The settings function works better than other brands I've had though. The size is more suited to a family though.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kath

KathDarlington

It will do...

You get what you pay for as they say. Super cute to look at but... food sticks around edges when cooking on high and the plastic handles aren’t the best quality. For the once every so often user I guess it’s okish. You’ll be hard pressed to find anything quite this cheap though.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Slow Cookers

Find out how Kmart 5L Slow Cooker compares to other Slow Cookers

Brit

BritDevonport

Good.

I use my slow cooker for everything! Only problem is when I make stew it gets thick, and then starts to burn around the bottom, so stew I can not cook & go out during the day I have to stay home all day to watch to make sure it doesn't burn other things like silverside turn out perfect!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Joel

JoelMelbourne

Not really a fan of slow cookers in general

My partner "convinced" me to purchase this slow cooker to match the toaster and kettle we currently own and to make easy dinners. Decent machine for $40 relatively easy to clean and does the job. Not sure how of the food poisoning possibilities though so makes me slightly hesitant to use regularly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dean

Dean

Overall good slow cooker

It's a good looking modern style design that looks great in the kitchen as opposed to the old basic granny slow cookers. 5L is a good size for our family of 4. It works just as good as any other slow cooker the selling point for me was the design and size to be honest and the low price is always a winner.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Don't make bone broth in this

If you intend to cook anything like beef bone broth over a long time don't bother. I've tried several times and the stock is lwft with a burnt flavour. Chicken does better......There are only 3 temperatutes. Low, high and warm.
The Low is too high and the food/stock bubbles away and depending on what you are cookiing leaves a bad taste. I ended up throwing this slow cooker out on the weekend. I'll pay more for something better.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Nell

Nellsydney

Average!

This slow cooker has not succeeded in convincing me of the benefits of slow cooking. It doesn't cook evenly, the results of several meals have been disappointing undercooked after recommended cooking times. Cleaning of the appliance is reasonablely easy. I would not purchase this product again as it doesn't meet my needs.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
laurenhism

laurenhismLaunceston

Its ok. Wish I had of spent a bit more.

I am happy with the cooking results but feel like I need to constantly check the temperature and turn it up or down.
The product is really easy to clean! It does get really hot on the outside and I'm not sure if that's standard with slow cookers or not. I will say I haven't used it often as I don't feel that confident with product and think if I had spent a bit more I would be happier. But honestly for the price its hard to go past.

Date PurchasedMay 2014