2Kmart Anko 28L Benchtop Oven

3.8

sidi
sidiSydney, NSW6 posts
Kmart   DM

We are concerned to hear about this, would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

grannymarg
grannymarg3 posts

Brilliant for baking

Purchased after a bigger one from Kmart finally wore out after several years of daily use.Just find the instructions slightly too basic.Can I use baking rack AND baking tray at once? Seems to get too hot if I use eg tart tins on rack and baking tray for something else.So do I remove baking tray ? Show details ·  4
David Swann
David SwannSydney, NSW12 posts

Kim v w
Kim v wSouthern and Hills, SA5 posts

Thankyou, I lived without a gas oven for a year after I moved and found the one here not functioning, I am in love with my new ANKO oven 28L it is fantastic, almost the same area as the gas oven, and heats up like that, can now, and have baked biscuits last week, it cost about $75 from ingle farm Kmart, s.a , just fantastic, oh yeh cost about .70c per hour to run, over the moon. Show details ·  1
Maureen T.
Maureen T.Perth, WA3 posts

Excellent oven

The oven is perfect to use, cooked a lovely roast and bacon/egg pie. I also have grilled cheese toast for a snack. Love my oven Show details ·  1
DarrylSydney16 posts

Disappointed

Purchased this oven a few days ago.
The temperature/ thermostate control is extremely inaccurate, (as others have commented).

I set the oven dial at 120deg, I placed 2 oven thermometers in the oven and reached temperatures of 190 and 195deg before the thermostat activated.
At 150deg on the dial, thermometers reached 240 and 250deg approx, before the thermostat activated.

If the temperature/thermostat was close to being accurate it would be a good oven, however the most important part of the oven fails dramatically.

The item will be returned to the store. Show details

irish67Northern Region, NSW49 posts

Great oven

Great small oven - we had a much smaller but decided to get this size one to be able to do more with it. I bakes vegetables wonderfully, and we are very pleased with it Show details
Conrad Q
Conrad QThe Mallee, VIC10 posts

Perfect for a small kitchen

I'm currently living where this is no oven and kitchen space is premium, so I decided to buy this bench top oven. After shopping around and comparing different brands, I opted for the Anko, (a K-mart brand). I selected this one for its features, build quality and value. As a single guy it suits me perfectly. I roast vegetables, reheat, cook pizzas and a variety of other oven dishes. Very happy with it and suits me well.  Show details
Rob2 posts

oven mini

I just received my new onko 28 litre oven . After reading reviews I'm hesitant to use it. I Will cook chicken legs tonight and post my results tomorrow. Keep reading.
Rob

I've returned Anko 28 L oven. The back got dangerously hot even though it says in instructions to put against wall. At 120© ,left alone for an hour could have caused a fire. I'll try another brand.

geoff
geoffPerth, WA10 posts

What do you expect for $65

I purchased the oven at Kmart Kalgoorlie. (I did look at the air fryers which were slightly more expensive but decided they looked too much like PROPS from "Thunderbirds Are Go" for my aesthetics.)
OK...first try a small roast pork. I set the temperature at the maximum 230. Seemed to go alright except the crackling wasn't quite done, so I lifted up to the top shelf and just left the top element on. Left it alone and 10 minuets later- smoke coming out. Burnt crackling. Lesson learned...it is not a precise instrument so it needs watching.  Show details
Jan
Jan

Not Happy

Temp thermo grossly inaccurate.
Timer useless, it works whilst contents inside are burning top & bottom. Can't even do pizza, burns crust, doesn't cook top. I have since upgraded to micro/ convection oven. At least it has good reviews. Show details
Heyjoe
Heyjoe5 posts

SusieRL
SusieRLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Cheap oven for basic use

Bought this oven quickly at start of COVID lockdown as my Breville had stopped working. Heats through top & bottom elements only so everything needs to be covered when cooking. If you want a crispy top on food like Sausage rolls it is extremely easy to burn. I can’t tell you how many times I have scrapped burnt bits off. Much better spending a little more on a convection oven. I will be replacing it very soon. Show details

Geana Arnaud
Geana Arnaud

What does the blank square in the functions knob underneath the 150*oven mark mean??? Regards Geana

Darryl

The blank square indicates that no heating elements are on.
What elements you choose is made from the center dial with positions being, Off, Top element on, bottom element on, both top and bottom elements on.

Kmart   DM

Hi there, that is part of the function settings for the knob, below.

Margaret A.
Margaret A.

When you cook a roast or cake do you have top and bottom elements on

irish67

My hubby uses both elements

Hi
I got this one today. I was expecting this one work for baking and steaming. But when I checked manual book, it states very very limited use and mostly concentrated on bread. Can I use only steam when I don’t need baking. What else we can cook in here?? Except very little stuff from manual user book.

Kmart   DM

Would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

Dalwinder K.

Thank you so much. At least, I can bake vegetables now.

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens