Kmart Cordless Stick Vacuum VC101

Kmart Cordless Stick Vacuum VC101 (page 2 of 5)

MPN: VC101

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.1

Jaz

JazHunter Region, NSW

Quick an easy

This vacuum works wonders on both carpet and tiles, I have tried more expensive vacuums in the past and this cordless stick is by far the most convenient and easiest to use, all components are easily detached making cleaning the appliance out a breeze.
With small children and a hectic schedule it’s great to know I can just charge it and use it when needed saving me a lot of time dealing with cords and lugging a heavier appliance throughout a two level home.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Mikamber

MikamberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product carpet

Bought this stick vac from Kmart 99$ great little product for during the week vacuums. Can’t fault it. It picks up every thing and is light weight and easy to use considering I am a mother of two a toddler and a school child who love craft. Def happy with purchase and has no big ticket cost or brand name. Great length too unlike some vacs that really put pressure on your back.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Probably would not buy again...

We mostly use this vacuum on a hard wood floor. Unfortunately, hair gets caught around the spinning floor head part which is quite hard to unwind. Also, the width of the head is quite small, so you feel like you are putting in much more time and effort to vacuum even a small area. Also, as it is a stick, you can't use the unit to easily suck things that aren't on the floor, like you can with a flexible hose type of vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart for A$99.00.

Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Kmart Cordless Stick Vacuum VC101 compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Rubbish don’t buy

Only lasted 6 months
Then it wouldn’t suck
It just spat out , don’t waste your money
Save up for a better vaccume cleaner

Wouldn’t buy another Kmart vaccume cleaner waste of money

Purchased in October 2018.

Annie

AnnieHobart

Waste of $99.00

I bought this stick vac about 6 months ago and used it a few times. It sort of did the job although not well. Useless on carpet but OK picking up bits you don't want to bother getting out the heavy machinery for. Did not use it many times and even then it seemed to be deteriorating. Now it is behaving like a mechanised Swifty Sweep - mostly it just pushes the dust and breadcrumbs around the floor and sometimes spits out rather than slurps up. Worth a try I guess but I wish it had been obvious from the start that it was going to be useless, so I could have claimed a refund.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$99.00.

Product is used Rarely
Floor Type Wood

worse than a manual cleaning

I cannot believe I paid $99 for this useless vacuum cleaner. It sucks nothing. I tried it on the floor and carpet, but couldn't suck even dust or a napkin. They shouldn't sell something like that at all. After this bad experience I have stopped shopping anything in k mart even though it used to be my favourite shop in the past. I am so disappointed and sad. I couldn't return in on time because I live far of the shopping mall and I don't drive. Really disappointed and feeling like I have been fooled!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Martin B

Martin BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product for the price.

I use it on carpet, tiles and lino. Due to health problems it is easy to maneuver around and picks up most of the dust & bits and pieces. Great for the car. I use it more now than I did with the corded vacuum.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Online Store for A$99.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Meerkat

MeerkatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great cordless vacuum

I brought this mainly to vacuum tiles and the cloth couch. It does a brilliant job! With the tiles, it doesnt "kick stuff away" like the brush one. It gets all the cat hair off the couch etc.

Pete P.

Pete P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not too bad

I live in a one bedroom apartment with carpeted flooring. I use the stick vacuum occasionally and it is able to pick up light dust most of the time. Suction is not the best but is reasonable for the price.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for me

We have wooden flooring and this vacuum is perfect even I can use it (I am full or arthritis) Reasonably priced as it was a gift and my sister loves it. I used it for the first time today just to try it out and is so very light for me to use. Vacuumed up pet hair and was awesome. Will be using again.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$89.00.

Monika

MonikaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used it once and then it lost suction!

First use was amazing for the fact it came from Kmart. Then I used it again the next day and there was no suction!! I cleaned it out thoroughly and still no suction. It wouldn’t even suck up a tiny bit of paper or hair....but just got the hair tangled in the spinning brushes.
Waste of money! $99?? Worth less than $20.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Cooper

CooperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Price

Very reasonable price and bought it as an extra vacuum. I used it to clean the carpet in my study room as my children normally use the room to do handicraft. So far the vacuum works well. Couldn't complain with this cheap price.

Purchased in September 2018.

Product is used Monthly
djduke28

djduke28Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Started out ok but now it's worthless

When I purchased this vacuum, it started off ok and did it's job and cleaned carpet well. But how ever over time this vacuum started to lose it's suction power and not clean carpet properly and would leave bits of crumbs and small pieces of dirt on the floor. This vacuum was only good for 6 months before it lost its suction power. Even after cleaning the filters etc regularly has made no difference. Had to return this vac for a refund.

Purchased in August 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Angel

AngelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Started okish but had to return

Already have a Dyson stick vacuum for home use but decided to buy the Kmart stick vacuum as an extra because the price was good and wanted to compare. Straight away I could tell the difference between the two but the Kmart one was ok on hard floors so decided to keep. It wasn’t long before the suction reduced despite cleaning the vacuum regularly till the suction became useless. Decided to return for refund.

Purchased in October 2018 at Kmart Online Store for A$99.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Tiles
Craig

Craig

It Just wont suck...…. don't waste your hard earned money

It wont lift hair from a tiled floor.
What grit it gets, gets stuck in the wand and falls out on to the floor again.
Very fiddley to pull apart to empty as the fluff wont fall out the bottom of the waste bin.

save your money please.

Purchased in September 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$100.00.

Jacq

JacqFar North Queensland, QLD

Awesome!

Bought this a couple of months ago to replace the $30 bagless vacuum from kmart. Happy with this purchase. Perfect on tiles and the carpet in the bedrooms. Battery life is decent too. All in all great product!

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores.

David

DavidMelbourne

So convenient

This is a wonderful vacuum for quick small Cleans up. Definitely doesn't replace a bigger vacuum, but is a good for In between cleans. Filter is very easy to clean and I love how long the battery lasts for. Charges quickly and has a convenient wall hook
Very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Nothappy

NothappyQueensland

Never fails to amaze

Easy to move around and powerful suction. Other ones from the store don't compare. Cord could be a little bit longer, maybe an attachment to use along skirting boards. But all up I am really really really happy with the purchase and would recommend to anyone needing a new one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great stick vacuum

Bought this stick vacuum as I have got a 30th puppy, great for daily vac and I can get when my puppy chews. Good suction and battery life, had a Dyson stick they seem about the same when it comes to being a vac. Works well on carpet and tiles, only need to do a vacuum with my big vac once a week. Easy and convenient. .

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Angie.D

Angie.DSydney

Not worth it in the end.

I purchased this after reading plenty of reviews, I wish I didnt. It worked well for at least the first month then the issues started. The suction began to decrease and I couldnt get it to pick up even hair from the floor, despite continually cleaning it out. Eventually I gave up and threw it out.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
See all Kmart Cordless Stick Vacuum VC101 reviews

Janet

Janetasked

After 12 months of using it, suction is very less and brush head not spinning. I have taken out the brush and cleaned it but it's still not spinning. Can someone advise what to do please?

Peter W.
Peter W.

Check the contacts that go down from the top through each section to the rotor head are clean and ok. If you remove the roller and turn it 'on' to see if the roller motor is spinning. It could be jammed up or the motor has failed. Try to spin the motor cog with your finger but remember to turn it 'off'. It should turn and have some resistance. All else fails, give it a spray with a bit of WD-40. As to the suction strength, make sure you regularly clean the chamber filters including washing the particle filter. Dry it well before returning it. Hope this helps

Bec S

Bec Sasked

Has anyone got the charger they dont use mine broke

Random User

Random Userasked

My vacuum stopped working all of a sudden, it turns on for a brief 5 seconds and turns off. It also has a red flashing light on the battery pack. Please advise what to do?

Divia kaura
Divia kaura

If it is under warranty (usually has 1year warranty) take it back to Kmart, they will replace it. Or refund you the money. They usually ask for its receipt, but even if you don't have receipt, they should change it because it's there home brands. Hope this helps.

Tara Gibbon
Tara Gibbon

Sounds like a battery problem. Once my vaccum is charged I take it off charge and when I use it I make sure to drain the battery so I can fully charge it again. I hope this helps.