Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine (page 2 of 3)

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Product is used:
    • Daily (19)
    • Several times a week (6)
    • Rarely (2)
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

D P.

D P.

Avoid! Plastic smell and taste that won’t go away

This machine has a serious problem as I’ve also encountered the plastic smell and taste with the coffees out of this machine. I thought it was something I was not doing wrong but I followed the instructions to the letter and as this isn’t my first manual machine there is something clearly wrong with it. It’s being returned today. Don’t believe the hype and Choice reviews about it, just avoid!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Awful plastic taste

Coffee has a plastic taste to it. At first I thought its just because the machine is new but now after 8 attempts on different days I give up. The plastic taste wont go away. Plastic taste is not quite as bad as b4 though still its an awful drink. Unfortunately for me I read so many good reviews about it online that I threw the receipt away the day I bought the machine. So now I am stuck with a machine that is no use to me.

Purchased in October 2018.

Ant

AntMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Coffee Tastes of rubber plastic

At first I thought it was just me but clearly I am not the only one coffee tasted of rubber / plastic Was disgusting have returned to store For a refund

Purchased in April 2019.

Choice says ‘Best’

‘Choice’ says ‘best’ on their review. Scored 70% compared to deLonghi La Specialista 65%. Judges said crema colour, thickness, aroma, flavour, mouth-feel ( not heard that phrase much ) and aftertaste. ( heard that a lot )
I have to agree with that review. I find the machine lives up to expectation. Mind you I am using a top brand coffee and am doing the right things. I followed the instructions and am making great coffee.
Worth the money.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Timmy

TimmyIllawarra, NSW

It's not consistent and gets worse

I had one for 3 months, and slowly the coffee's got worse, I just replaced it with a new one this week, he machine seems to have a problems with pressure, it seems like it's can't provide consistent pressure of standard 9BAR which results in under extracted bad watery sour coffee's. Maybe it's been my bad luck, I don't know, tried different grind's, different coffee's it's all the same problem. First Machine I was using 10gram piece, then that became watery and sour and no creama after 2months, then I used 5gram piece it was working fine for like 3 weeks, then that became watery and sour and no crema. Now the new one, I'll see how it goes the next month.

Purchased in December 2018.

KME

KMEFar North Queensland, QLD

Not too bad for the price

This machine is pretty good, but not great. Its hard to get the consistency right, sometimes the coffee is burnt, sometimes not roasted enough. Nice and easy to use and easy to clean. Once you work out the kinks, its a pretty good little machine

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores.

Lisa M

Lisa MCentral Queensland, QLD

My husband gave me of one of these for Christmas and how lucky am I!!! I am very satisfied with this machine.

I just love my coffee am never disappointed with the result of each cup. I tend to drink coffee all through the day and love the ease of use. I'm more of a flat white drinker so can not really comment on the milk frother. The temperature is always consistent and spot on. The machine also looks good. Yes you tend to have to use smaller cups - but, removing the drip tray for a larger cup is no problem. Thank you husband dear, and thank you KMart.

Purchased in December 2018 at Drugscreen.

Ozgirl

OzgirlNorthern Region, NSW

Don't waste your money

I bought it thinking I would treat myself, we were able to get ONE use out of it. We would clean it and the water coming out of it would smell bad, so we cleaned it twice again and the same thing kept happening. It still works but something inside of it is making the water taste bad. We even tried filtered store bought water and the same thing happened. So stay away from this machine

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Kristi J.

Kristi J.

Amazing

I think this coffee machine is so good. It produces amazing coffee every single time, the temperature is just right. The machine looks very modern and stylish. I absolutely love it.

Purchased in March 2019 for $89.00.

ChrisW

ChrisWSouthwest, VIC

Amazing

This coffee machine is not only the best machine I have purchased but such great value for money. It makes a really nice coffee and looks amazing at the same time. Very modern. Thanks Kmart

Purchased in March 2019 for $89.00.

Luke

LukeSydney, NSW

Burning plastic taste and smell

If you like your coffee with a burning plastic taste then this is your product for you. If not I would avoid at all costs, terrible product. Have flushed through numerous times and still the same taste, my guess is the hot water is actually burning the plastic and causing the constant plastic taste.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Gloria

GloriaAU

Very impressed

Our previous coffee machine broke down and given that we only make coffee a couple of days a week we were willing to pay a bit less so after going through some reviews decided to buy Kmart's.

Look wise, it is all plastic so nothing fancy and with no functions but just frothing; however, it makes pretty decent coffees given its price. It has a thermometer in the middle at the top so you can check the temperature, so far experience has been pretty good.

Purchased in October 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder EM0400

Exploded causing burns and damage to brand new tiles

At first I thought this product was amazing and too good to be true, which I soon after purchasing found out that it was. I just got new white expensive tiles in my house which when the coffee machine exploded stained, also caused minor burns to myself and my partner. The machine was working fine for 3 weeks prior to this event. To make matters worse I have contacted Kmart 10-15 times requesting an explanation with them now avoiding a response! Can't believe Kmart and their customer service team. You would think an exploding coffee machine causing damage to personal goods and personal harm would be a priority of theirs to explain. Very disappointing.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

ConLac

ConLacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very satisfied so far

LizC

LizCMelbourne

Not bad for the price!

Pros-
Cheap version of a much more expensive coffee machine with a built in froffer
Makes a decent hot coffee and is easy to use once you’ve given it a few go’s

Cons-
The area under where the coffee comes out is way too small and you can only fit certain mugs underneath. This becomes dangerous when trying to move a mug once full as you need to tip it to the side to get it out.
Has a little of a burnt plastic smell the first few times but then it goes away.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
TER

TERWoy Woy

Terrible burnt plastic smell and taste

hoops54

hoops54Southern and Hills, SA

Leaves water in portafilter

I bought with with some trepidation but it does a nice cup of coffee. It is consistent and easy to operate. I don’t use the steam wand so cannot comment. The tamper is good and firm and fits the portafilter tightly. The temperature gauge seems accurate and it heats up quickly. It is easy to fill with water and the level is very visible.
My only complaint is that after the coffee is done the portafilter still has liquid in it. I have tried many grinding sizes, tamping pressures and different amounts of coffee. It is a pain that I need to wash the portafilter for each cup. I have gone back to my other coffee maker (a Rok) if I need to make more than 1 cup. I have given it a few months but cannot recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Blew up and burnt my hand.

Do not purchase this machine. Have only had it for two weeks now and the first couple of times the coffee was perfect and working great. Then when I started using it after a couple of goes it had a burnt plastic taste then yesterday the machine decided to blow the hot coffee up everywhere and burn my hand. Taking back, too dangerous.

John

John

Ozone/Burnt Electronics smell in the coffee

Something is wrong with these machines and people should really be carefull using them. I work with electronics and know the smell of burnt electronics & ozone. Every few cups of coffee there is a burnt electronics smell\taste in the coffee and the punginess of ozone. We flushed it several times but the taste is still there.If you taste that , do not drink the coffee and return the machine as teh chemicals involved are not good for you.

Date PurchasedDec 2018