Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine (page 3 of 4)

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

3.3

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

KME

KMEFar North Queensland, QLD

Not too bad for the price

This machine is pretty good, but not great. Its hard to get the consistency right, sometimes the coffee is burnt, sometimes not roasted enough. Nice and easy to use and easy to clean. Once you work out the kinks, its a pretty good little machine

Lisa M

Lisa MCentral Queensland, QLD

My husband gave me of one of these for Christmas and how lucky am I!!! I am very satisfied with this machine.

I just love my coffee am never disappointed with the result of each cup. I tend to drink coffee all through the day and love the ease of use. I'm more of a flat white drinker so can not really comment on the milk frother. The temperature is always consistent and spot on. The machine also looks good. Yes you tend to have to use smaller cups - but, removing the drip tray for a larger cup is no problem. Thank you husband dear, and thank you KMart.

Ozgirl

OzgirlNorthern Region, NSW

Don't waste your money

I bought it thinking I would treat myself, we were able to get ONE use out of it. We would clean it and the water coming out of it would smell bad, so we cleaned it twice again and the same thing kept happening. It still works but something inside of it is making the water taste bad. We even tried filtered store bought water and the same thing happened. So stay away from this machine

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Kristi J.

Kristi J.

Amazing

I think this coffee machine is so good. It produces amazing coffee every single time, the temperature is just right. The machine looks very modern and stylish. I absolutely love it.

ChrisW

ChrisWSouthwest, VIC

Amazing

This coffee machine is not only the best machine I have purchased but such great value for money. It makes a really nice coffee and looks amazing at the same time. Very modern. Thanks Kmart

Luke

LukeSydney, NSW

Burning plastic taste and smell

If you like your coffee with a burning plastic taste then this is your product for you. If not I would avoid at all costs, terrible product. Have flushed through numerous times and still the same taste, my guess is the hot water is actually burning the plastic and causing the constant plastic taste.

Gloria

GloriaAU

Very impressed

Our previous coffee machine broke down and given that we only make coffee a couple of days a week we were willing to pay a bit less so after going through some reviews decided to buy Kmart's.

Look wise, it is all plastic so nothing fancy and with no functions but just frothing; however, it makes pretty decent coffees given its price. It has a thermometer in the middle at the top so you can check the temperature, so far experience has been pretty good.

Exploded causing burns and damage to brand new tiles

At first I thought this product was amazing and too good to be true, which I soon after purchasing found out that it was. I just got new white expensive tiles in my house which when the coffee machine exploded stained, also caused minor burns to myself and my partner. The machine was working fine for 3 weeks prior to this event. To make matters worse I have contacted Kmart 10-15 times requesting an explanation with them now avoiding a response! Can't believe Kmart and their customer service team. You would think an exploding coffee machine causing damage to personal goods and personal harm would be a priority of theirs to explain. Very disappointing.

ConLac

ConLacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very satisfied so far

LizC

LizCMelbourne

Not bad for the price!

Pros-
Cheap version of a much more expensive coffee machine with a built in froffer
Makes a decent hot coffee and is easy to use once you’ve given it a few go’s

Cons-
The area under where the coffee comes out is way too small and you can only fit certain mugs underneath. This becomes dangerous when trying to move a mug once full as you need to tip it to the side to get it out.
Has a little of a burnt plastic smell the first few times but then it goes away.

TER

TERWoy Woy

Terrible burnt plastic smell and taste

hoops54

hoops54Southern and Hills, SA

Leaves water in portafilter

I bought with with some trepidation but it does a nice cup of coffee. It is consistent and easy to operate. I don’t use the steam wand so cannot comment. The tamper is good and firm and fits the portafilter tightly. The temperature gauge seems accurate and it heats up quickly. It is easy to fill with water and the level is very visible.
My only complaint is that after the coffee is done the portafilter still has liquid in it. I have tried many grinding sizes, tamping pressures and different amounts of coffee. It is a pain that I need to wash the portafilter for each cup. I have gone back to my other coffee maker (a Rok) if I need to make more than 1 cup. I have given it a few months but cannot recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Blew up and burnt my hand.

Do not purchase this machine. Have only had it for two weeks now and the first couple of times the coffee was perfect and working great. Then when I started using it after a couple of goes it had a burnt plastic taste then yesterday the machine decided to blow the hot coffee up everywhere and burn my hand. Taking back, too dangerous.

John

John

Ozone/Burnt Electronics smell in the coffee

Something is wrong with these machines and people should really be carefull using them. I work with electronics and know the smell of burnt electronics & ozone. Every few cups of coffee there is a burnt electronics smell\taste in the coffee and the punginess of ozone. We flushed it several times but the taste is still there.If you taste that , do not drink the coffee and return the machine as teh chemicals involved are not good for you.

dudley

dudleygold coast

worth every cent

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Andrea

AndreaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful

The coffee tasted and smelt digusting, but it had nothing to do with the beans. Afterwards, I flushed the machine using at least three full containers of water and the taste and smell of burnt plastic in the water remained strong. I returned it the next day. It had been recommended by a friend. Perhaps it was from a bad batch, which might explain why some reviews are good. I hope quality assurance in Kmart pulls this batch from the shelf and investigates the cause. I hate to think that I may have consumed something that is potentially toxic.

Bob

BobGippsland, VIC

Good Machine

Free

FreeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does great coffee

Great small machine for the home kitchen. Easy to use and understand. Heats up quicker then a kettle. Small and not bulky like some machines.
Highly recommend it. Great value for the price. Good for busy mums and dads on the go. The temp could be a bit hotter though

Great value for money

It’s a great machine simple but efficient! You will have no trouble with this product if you study a little and know the basics of coffee. The taste will depend only on the brand of coffee you use! Overall great product for the price and makes a good coffee ☕️

Noone

NoonePort Macquarie

Plasticy.

I bought this machine as a gift for my coffee-loving partner, this is our third day of use and no matter what we do or how much we clean it, the coffee comes out smelling of, and having an aftertaste of burning plastic. I’m a trained and qualified barista, I’ve tried adjusting my habits to suit the machine, and nothing has worked. The temperature of coffee produced is fine, but the milk wand takes a while to get the milk to the right temperature. Considering taking it back for a refund or replacement.

See all Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine reviews