Kmart Anko Milk Frother

MPN: SB-0802C1

Karen

Karen Darling Downs, QLD

Terrible

The max line on the jug is false as it still overflows, big waste of money. I had an older one and it worked well then they got this new one in and it is crap!

Purchased in December 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $30.00.

Doesn’t last long

Although the previous version was great and lasted years, this new Model has only lasted a few months before braking down. K mart replaced it but then again it stopped working a few months later. Warranty is for one year so I’m disappointed with its poor quality. It did froth milk well when it was functioning

James R

James RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hmmm... just stopped heating after minimal use.

Not very satisfied I have to say. Very disappointed that after using it a few times I was scratching around for the warranty as the heating function suddenly stopped for no apparent reason. More landfill! (Sigh!)

chez

chezPerth, WA

not worth the money

Bought this not even 2 months ago and it now won't turn on and sparks and smokes.
What a waste of money!! It was hard to turn most days. Definitely would not recommend

Purchased in December 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $30.00.

Great sometimes a hit and miss

The frother did take a few goes to get it to froth and I still don't know what I did differently. The manual once I actually looked did explain the two different wands and how to froth the milk. Great look and haven't had any burn marks to date. Would definitely buy again.

Purchased in December 2020 at Kmart for $30.00.

Val

ValGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Value

I have now had frother for over a year, and it has particularly worked overtime while in Victorian covid lockdown. I only put milk to bottom line and don’t have an issue, but above this it does spill over.
I still haven’t work out what the device on the lid is for, but I just leave it there.
I also had a problem with the scorch mark on bottom, until I started wiping any residue left after washing with paper towel... no problem at all now.
All in all, this is a good little frother and great value

Purchased in October 2019 for $30.00.

Great for the price

No problems with it. Just need to keep clean. Use it 4 times at least a week. Wanted to buy my daughter one but can't find them now. 2 attachments not hard to work out

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart for $30.00.

col

colMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Messy.burn spot on base

Milk great but I filled between low and high.overflowed both times tried.lid lifts off and lava flows.love me kmart this is my first no..too much mess .tried different level in between those marked and same issue both times.have morning coffee daily tooo much work.not worth 30.

Purchased in September 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $30.00.

Ada

AdaCanberra Central 2601, ACT

it works - not great though

milk burns at one corner at the bottom, manual doesnt explain the 2 different heads, but overall does its job if youre careful not to get water in the base.
quality of the milk outcome is pretty fine though, comes out perfect temperature but would not reccomend using the frothing end as the other one works just fine at frothing it too.

Purchased in November 2019 at Kmart for $30.00.

Bit disappointed.

I find the milk always burns on one spot of the frother. Pouring the milk into a cup is very messy as there is no spout on it. Makes a great froth though.

Purchased at Kmart Retail Stores.

Jackie S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not bad, not fabulous, beats the hassle of a steam wand

Kept overflowing. Manual doesn’t properly explain there are 2different spinners. Once figured out, works great. There’s 1 spot where dried milk keeps sticking but I think that was my error

Purchased in March 2020 at Kmart for $29.00.

Samantha I.

Samantha I.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

dud - avoid

This milk frother is not even worth the cheap price tag. Ours died with minimal use and the milk would always burn on the bottom. It also had a curdled taste when it actually did work. Avoid.

Purchased in January 2019.

Stopped Working after about 6 Uses

What a dud, it was used on about 6 Occasions, then totally failed to operate. Does this come under the description of ‘cheap and nasty ’? Maybe I should have spent more money for a quality purchase.

LIZ

LIZGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

stopped working after 2 days

Used frother 2 times and it stopped working. While it did work it was great.
No issues with getting a refund from kmart though, no questions asked, which was helpful.

Broke after five uses

After the first use I was so happy: it was easy to use, made delicious milk and didn't take too long. Unfortunately, it only took four more uses to break. It doesn't warm the milk anymore, so now I'll warm up the milk in the microwave and then froth it in the frother. Wished I kept the receipt so I can return it, such a waste of money. Don't try to save money, and just invest in a proper machine

Purchased in February 2020 at Kmart for $30.00.

David

DavidPerth, WA

Poor quality.

Used once made warm frothy milk went to make a second cup and wouldn't turn on and smelled of burnt electrics from the base plate. Was disappointed it didn't even last a day.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart for $30.00.

Laura E.

Laura E.South East Queensland, QLD

Basic but does the job

Have used it three times and milk is burnt into the bottom already. Warms the milk well and froths good, quite small if your making a hot chocolate but would be okay for a small cup of coffee. If you have a large reusable coffee cup you need about 1 and 1/2 milk warm ups to fill it up.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $30.00.

Gnoj69

Gnoj69Melbourne

Not very good

Pros: it froths milk, cheap
Cons: if you’re not careful, it will end up all over your bench. It doesn’t turn off automatically as per instruction manual and ends up burning your milk. I wouldn’t recommend it

Purchased in May 2020.

Joseph

Joseph

Stopped working

I bought it on the 28th of April and received it on the 1st of May, only lasted 3 weeks. I couldn't get my coffee crave fixed for this morning! Anko really has to review its quality product.

Purchased in April 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $30.00.

Shari C.

Shari C.Perth, WA

Keep's tripping the power

I purchase it a while ago and it was ok for a little bit, but now it trips my power everytime I try to use it. It is now in the bin!

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart for $30.00.

Naz

Nazasked

Why does my frother attachment only warm up the milk recently?

Naz B.

Naz B.asked

Why does my frother attachment only warm up the milk recently?

Garry Masked

I have used my new milk frother three times since it arrived in the post. Each time it has frothed over. I made sure the milk was between the two lines. Can anything tell me if I am doing something wrong.
It frothed up really well but it is annoying having an extra cleaning job every time I use it.

Jackie S.

There are 2 different attachments that sit at the bottom of the chamber. The one that’s inserted when you buy it is the frother attachment, the one that’s connected to the inside of the lid is the heating attachment. Swap them over and it’ll work. It’s not in the manual - no idea why - so I found out the hard way. Mine was overflowing every single time no matter how much or how little milk and no matter how which setting I pushed the button for and I thought I HAVE to be missing something so I looked it over and over and pulled and prodded and found that the attachment that sits in the lid comes off! Once I switched them over, it heated milk up perfectly, no overflow. Make sure you rinse each and every time between uses and let the heating element cool down before adding more milk and switching it on again otherwise you’ll end up with a spot that just always ends up with burnt milk on it. Also learnt this the hard way :(

Garry M

Thank you Jackie. I did as you suggested and it works perfectly.

CategoryMilk Frothers