Home & Co (Kmart) Milk Frother

Home & Co (Kmart) Milk Frother

No good

On my second one and about to take back. Stopped working even with following all instructions. Would not recommend.I'll have to rethink on brand before I get another one as I retired my espresso machine.

Purchased in March 2019 at K Mart for $29.00.

Works OK for me

Bought the last one on the shelf, so no box and no instructions. Read and watched on-line instructions which suggested not leaving it un-rinsed immediately after using it. That advice appears to have prevented the scorched milk residue problem so many have been complaining about here. Allowing a small amount of milk to collect on the still hot element while you enjoy your coffee is a sure way to make cleaning a chore later and, worse, then risk eventually removing the non-stick coating.

A quick wipe with a damp sponge or cloth immediately after pouring out the froth leaves the bottom perfectly clean. Even just leaving a little detergent and water in it immediately after use should keep the residue from forming.

I've used a way more expensive Nespresso frother recently and it had a patch of burnt milk in the bottom that proved difficult to remove, slightly marking the non-stick surface. In use, it was little different from this Kmart model, with only minor changes in markings and switches.

The switch on this unit does stay in the ON position once the froth cycle is complete and the unit turns off. Removing it to pour, then placing it back down on the base might in some instances allow it to come back on, so this is another reason to take it off the base, clean/soak it straight away and store it off the base as well.

A small lug under the lid holds the whisk. Without any instructions or even the box, I pondered if this meant I was missing an extra whisk attachment that I'd seen in some other models - a simple paddle for warming and stirring a hot chocolate or instant coffee. A recent visit to Kmart and a look inside the box of their latest model frother suggests not - just the one whisk comes with the new unit. Apparently the unit can be operated without the whisk, however, to simply heat some milk without stirring it.

Responsible cleaning aside, this inexpensive frother does a very good job preparing a quite acceptable froth to pour onto an espresso, although the froth is somewhere between a cappuccino and flat white. Use of a spoon to regulate the pour gives better results. It's relatively quick, so making the espresso and frothing the milk can be done all at the same time. Our Breville espresso machine doesn't allow simultaneous coffee and milk frothing, so this little frother is proving to be surprisingly handy.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great in the beginning

I have been through two of these frothers in the last 5 months.
In the beginning I thought it was great, frothed/heated the milk as good as any expensive frother. Started noticing the burnt milk on the bottom of the canister, even though I wash it after every use. If I made 2-3 coffees and consecutively frothed the milk without washing in between the milk would burn and be black on the bottom.
I had to replace the first one after a couple of months as the bottom must have got wet when washing it up? The second one I was a lot more careful washing it up but it just stopped working for no reason?
Wouldn’t buy another, i'll put my money towards a better quality frother.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good but constantly overflows

I clean mine after every use so have never had the issue of the milk burning. But even when I pour in the minimum amount of milk I have found that it will overflow. I don't know if it's because I'm using almond milk rather than cows milk but I'm getting pretty sick of cleaning up after it every time I want frothed up warm milk

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Amazed

Was scepticle given was so cheap but turned out to be excellent.
Put a few much dearer ones to shame.
Just make sure you clean well straight after use as you get a few milk stains left in the cannister.
At that price happy if lasts 12 months used every day.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Easy frothy milk!

Very cheap at $29 so was skeptical of quality of product but I have found that it froths and heats milk very well and I haven't had a burnt batch of milk yet and the non-stick coating making cleaning super easy, just a quick rinse and wipe after using. Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Horrible and dangerous

I used this Kmart milk frother the day after I brought it and it blew the circuit. I was furious because I didn’t have power for 5 hours! I didn’t taste the milk, but it was burnt on the bottom and was very airy. I certainly don’t recommend this product because it is very dangerous I luckily got a refund.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Kmart milk frother

Still early days, so no burnt milk yet. Warms and froths reasonably well so far.

Not too hard to clean if you do it immediately after use before milk sticks to the supposed non stick coating. Would have been better if it was stainless steel instead as the non stick coating is very thin and probably will not last too long.

It is only good for one cup at a time, this is a bit of a let down.

The electrical design is somewhat dangerous as it turns itself off when it reaches temperature, BUT the switch remains ON. So it will start to heat up again and again if you forget about it, or if you put it back on the base plate without turning it off at the wall or remembering to manually flick the the switch off after use and cleaning.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Nightmare to clean, lasted about 12 months!

Frothed the milk well for a about year and then stopped working. But the whole time it burnt the milk on the bottom and was a nightmare to clean, even if you scrubbed it. I tried rinsing it out immediately after use but that didn't work - the milk got stuck on the bottom. Cheap but rubbish - definitely do not recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2007

Doesn't work

This frother worked really well for 2 weeks the milk heated well and the froth was good but it burnt the milk on the bottom which was difficult to clean then it stopped working . No reason for it to stop working it just stopped. Took it back to store for full refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dangerous

I bought one for the office and it blew the circuit breaker on first use, made sure it was the culprit by trying a second time and it again blew the fuse, so was returned to the store. I will go and pay four times the price for a Nespresso one, as the one I have had for five years is still great...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Throthers

I purchased the kmart milk throther.thought it was a good price.as a milk warmer it was ok but for a milk throther i found it unsatisfactory. It barely throthed the milk at all.easy to clean which was a plus but as i like a nice head of milk on my espresso coffee it hust didnt do it thank you.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good for the price but milk gets burnt and crusty at the bottom

Obviously being under $30, this milk frother is a cheap buy. I purchase a lot of Kmart products and most of them are great quality. However, this milk frother fell below my expectations. After you've frothed the milk (which to be honest is not a great froth - I can usually get a better froth using a coffee plunger or whisk), you get this burnt milk crusty layer at the bottom. I don't know if it's just me but sometimes I can also taste the burnt milk in my coffee or hot chocolate. It is also not very sturdy or strong built so it often feels unstable when being used. If you only use milk frothers occasionally, this one will do the job. If you're a frequent user, put it in the extra cash and get yourself a higher end brand that avoids the issues above.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Planned obsolesence at it's worst

I have had the frother for 3 months and now it short circuits. It's good for the bin as nowadays they make things so you can't fix them. I guess it's planned obsolescence at it's worst. The burnt deposit was also a problem and the made is cheap. I'm very disappointed.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

The worst milk frother on the market

We love Kmart so thought this time we would try their milk frother to replace our trusty Aldi one which was getting a bit old. To start with it has no spout so when you pour out the milk it goes everywhere. The on/off switch makes no sense, it turns off when the milk is frothed but unless you manually then turn the switch off next time you put the machine back on the base after cleaning it starts again. Then lucky for us our milk frother lasted 3 days before completely died and wouldn't turn on again. The only positive is that it does make the milk hot. Do you yourself a favour and buy the aldi one.

Best thing I ever bought

This makes the best coffees, we have a 10k coffee machine at work and this frother makes the exact same if not better coffee at home and for $29 it's such good value for money

Yeah the milk does get lightly burnt at the bottom after each use but it's not that bad to clean off and what do you expect, you're heating milk up!

Easy to clean, and easy to use, love it!

Really good froth!

I have found this excellent for frothing all kinds of milk and importantly,the froth holds its shape once transferred to the cup.The froth is heated so it doesn’t cool your coffee.The machine is easy to use and easy to clean and it looks stylish along side a coffee machine.The price was great at $29.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Burns Milk

Thought I would try the Kmart Milk Frother before Purchasing the Much more Expensive Delonghi Nespresso Milk Frother
Heats Well and Froths Well Although Burnt Milk Stain left on Bottom of Machine Every time I use it from 1st use
Looks the Part but Certainly not the same Quality
Will now be Purchasing the More Expensive 1

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Definitely can live without it

This is a product that is not too cheap for what it does. It is not consistent in frothing. Teflon coating must be very thin as started burning the bottom after a week or two. Does not shut off completely after cycle so you have to manually do it. Would not recommend it to anyone really.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not as good as I thought

I bought this excited to use it, the first time I used it I really loved it! I used it a second time and there we’re burnt bits of milk at the bottom (which now happens everytime I use it) you can only put a splash of milk otherwise it overflows and it froths way too much leaving close to no milk at the bottom.

Date PurchasedJan 2017