Kmart Anko Milk Frother

MPN: SB-0802C1

Jane L.

Jane L.South East Queensland, QLD

Buy the Nespresso one

The milk burns onto the bottom of the chamber every time I use it so cleaning is a bit of a chore, it also doesn’t get the milk very hot so I end up having to microwave my coffee anyway. Frothing function is okay but overall it’s not something I ever use because It only heats milk to lukewarm, and it’s a pain to clean. If it was $15 I wouldn’t mind, but $30 is way too much money for this.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart for $30.00.

Elisha Kearvell

Elisha KearvellMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dont waste your time

Been through about 4 or 5 of these now, all of them stop heating after cleaning stuck on milk (which the machine itself does from time to time). First one was actually brought as a gift, got that one replaced only to keep getting them replaced. Honestly so annoying. Looking at another option

Janine

Janine

Waste of money.

Rubbish product. First one lasted three months, then fused and burnt out. Took it back. Got an exchange. Second one lasted two weeks. Now getting a refund. Better to pay another $60 and get the original Nespresso milk frother.

Purchased in February 2020 at Kmart for $30.00.

sunshinexox

sunshinexoxNSW, 2264

Another poor quality kmart product

This milk frother worked twice. The first time, the milk overflowed and went everywhere. We read the manual and realised there are two different 'max' lines and one of them is for heat and one of them is for froth. But no matter how many times you press the button, the machine will HEAT and FROTH even though the manual says a different number of button pushes gives different results. It doesn't. The next day, the machine stopped turning on.

Don't waste your money! I hope I can get a refund for this one.

Steve1982

Steve1982Peel, WA

Love it.

Quick and easy to use. Easy to clean. Fro the milk perfectly. Works better with room temp milk then chilled. Make sure that if you need it again soon after your first cup wash it then rinse it with COLD water so it cools the heating element and it'll work again.

Purchased in August 2015 at Kmart for $29.00.

Megan D.

Megan D.South East Queensland, QLD

Blew the circuit the day after we bought it

Was interested in buying this milk frother since seeing it at Kmart last Christmas. Finally purchased it yesterday and it worked really well for the first 3 times...made a fluffy thick foam that was great on cappuccino. Earlier tonight though on the fourth use it blew the circuit at home and all the lights went out. Now it doesn’t even turn on at all so I will throw it out because I didn’t keep the receipt. I guess you get what you pay for :(

Purchased in January 2020 at Kmart for $30.00.

EmmaPerth, WA

It's all in the milk

When I first bought this I used cheap milk from my IGA and was very disappointed I knew the fat content of the milk was important and had purchased for cream. So I tried full cream milk from Aldi and instantly had frothy milk. And since then had no problems no burnt milk ever I'm working well.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $30.00.

Broke in three days

Milk overflowed even with the lid on and milk level below the max line. But worse than that, it stopped working after three days! At least KMart gave me a refund.

Purchased in July 2019 for $30.00.

Lauraj

LaurajBelconnen 2617, ACT

Not hot enough

Only heated for about 50 seconds not the around 3 mins 25 seconds and milk was Luke warm not hot, and despite using milk heating attachment I had so much froth it nearly overflowed. Was not impressed at all.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $30.00.

Don't buy it

This is honestly really bad. It burns the milk, is hard to pour and is very hard to clean. Not even worth the $29 it cost. I'm just writing this review so that nobody else has to waste their money.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart for $29.00.

Happy Shopper

Happy ShopperVictoria

Not bad for the price

Recently bought this milk frother from Kmart. So far it’s been pretty good! It does what it’s says on the box and my coffee certainly tastes better for it. I clean it immediately after use to prevent the milk burning and sticking. The milk only seems to burn and stick if it’s left to sit in the hot frother. If it gives up the ghost after a few months of daily use then I got my $29 worth.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart for $29.00.

Tim

TimCanberra

Burnt milk and then broke

Unfortunately, this item isn't like so many other amazing Kmart products. It started off heating the milk to a fairly good temperature, however, the bottom would get so hot it would sizzle and burn the milk at the bottom which made cleaning this item an absolute nightmare and nearly impossible to clean completely. It seemed to get worse and worse over the course of about a dozen uses. After that, at best two weeks after purchase, it completely stopped heating the milk and no longer works. Stupidly I threw away the receipt so I am unable to return it!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart for $30.00.

Harry F.

Harry F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Burnt milk on bottom and stopped working after a few weeks

Mine very quickly developed a burnt patch on the bottom that could not be removed even though I tried cleaning it thoroughly after each use. Then it stopped working altogether after a few weeks. Alas I lost the receipt so I wasn't able to take mine back for a refund. The Aldi frother is much better for the same price.

Purchased in January 2019 for $30.00.

Customer29

Customer29Sydney

Excellent for the price

I have read all the bad reviews about that. Now Kmart have moved from home&co to the anko brand maybe things changed. I have had this for like a couple of months and it's excellent for the price. As long as you clean it thoroughly with water, a sponge and soup after each use, it stays super clean. The lid has a spot to keep the other frothing piece so you never end up losing those. Some review was saying it turns on by itself again, that doesn't happen with me, I haven't tried keeping it connected long enough though but why would you keep it connected all the time anyway?.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $29.00.

Alexandriaxx

AlexandriaxxGippsland, VIC

You Get What You Pay For

It's true that you get what you pay for with milk frothers. This Kmart one was okay, but not good enough to keep. The main issue was that the milk didn't warm up to the 65 degrees it states it would. The milk was always luke-warm. I don't think this was always the case, as after about a month of owning it, I noticed that the warming time was over sooner. Have now swapped it out for another low-cost frother, and am much happier.

Purchased in July 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $29.00.

Diane J.

Diane J.Illawarra, NSW

No good

On my second one and about to take back. Stopped working even with following all instructions. Would not recommend.I'll have to rethink on brand before I get another one as I retired my espresso machine.

Purchased in March 2019 at K Mart for $29.00.

Wilburight

WilburightAdelaide

Works OK for me

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great in the beginning

I have been through two of these frothers in the last 5 months.
In the beginning I thought it was great, frothed/heated the milk as good as any expensive frother. Started noticing the burnt milk on the bottom of the canister, even though I wash it after every use. If I made 2-3 coffees and consecutively frothed the milk without washing in between the milk would burn and be black on the bottom.
I had to replace the first one after a couple of months as the bottom must have got wet when washing it up? The second one I was a lot more careful washing it up but it just stopped working for no reason?
Wouldn’t buy another, i'll put my money towards a better quality frother.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Nerdgirl

NerdgirlMelbourne

Good but constantly overflows

I clean mine after every use so have never had the issue of the milk burning. But even when I pour in the minimum amount of milk I have found that it will overflow. I don't know if it's because I'm using almond milk rather than cows milk but I'm getting pretty sick of cleaning up after it every time I want frothed up warm milk

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Stephen F

Stephen FSydney, NSW

Amazed

Was scepticle given was so cheap but turned out to be excellent.
Put a few much dearer ones to shame.
Just make sure you clean well straight after use as you get a few milk stains left in the cannister.
At that price happy if lasts 12 months used every day.

Date PurchasedMar 2018