Home & Co (Kmart) Milk Frother

Home & Co (Kmart) Milk Frother

See the Best Milk Frothers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Broke in three days

Milk overflowed even with the lid on and milk level below the max line. But worse than that, it stopped working after three days! At least KMart gave me a refund.

Purchased in July 2019 for $30.00.

Lauraj

LaurajSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Not hot enough

Only heated for about 50 seconds not the around 3 mins 25 seconds and milk was Luke warm not hot, and despite using milk heating attachment I had so much froth it nearly overflowed. Was not impressed at all.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $30.00.

Don't buy it

This is honestly really bad. It burns the milk, is hard to pour and is very hard to clean. Not even worth the $29 it cost. I'm just writing this review so that nobody else has to waste their money.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart for $29.00.

Happy Shopper

Happy ShopperVictoria

Not bad for the price

Recently bought this milk frother from Kmart. So far it’s been pretty good! It does what it’s says on the box and my coffee certainly tastes better for it. I clean it immediately after use to prevent the milk burning and sticking. The milk only seems to burn and stick if it’s left to sit in the hot frother. If it gives up the ghost after a few months of daily use then I got my $29 worth.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart for $29.00.

Tim

TimCanberra

Burnt milk and then broke

Unfortunately, this item isn't like so many other amazing Kmart products. It started off heating the milk to a fairly good temperature, however, the bottom would get so hot it would sizzle and burn the milk at the bottom which made cleaning this item an absolute nightmare and nearly impossible to clean completely. It seemed to get worse and worse over the course of about a dozen uses. After that, at best two weeks after purchase, it completely stopped heating the milk and no longer works. Stupidly I threw away the receipt so I am unable to return it!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart for $30.00.

Harry F.

Harry F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Burnt milk on bottom and stopped working after a few weeks

Mine very quickly developed a burnt patch on the bottom that could not be removed even though I tried cleaning it thoroughly after each use. Then it stopped working altogether after a few weeks. Alas I lost the receipt so I wasn't able to take mine back for a refund. The Aldi frother is much better for the same price.

Purchased in January 2019 for $30.00.

Customer29

Customer29Sydney

Excellent for the price

I have read all the bad reviews about that. Now Kmart have moved from home&co to the anko brand maybe things changed. I have had this for like a couple of months and it's excellent for the price. As long as you clean it thoroughly with water, a sponge and soup after each use, it stays super clean. The lid has a spot to keep the other frothing piece so you never end up losing those. Some review was saying it turns on by itself again, that doesn't happen with me, I haven't tried keeping it connected long enough though but why would you keep it connected all the time anyway?.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $29.00.

Alexandriaxx

AlexandriaxxGippsland, VIC

You Get What You Pay For

It's true that you get what you pay for with milk frothers. This Kmart one was okay, but not good enough to keep. The main issue was that the milk didn't warm up to the 65 degrees it states it would. The milk was always luke-warm. I don't think this was always the case, as after about a month of owning it, I noticed that the warming time was over sooner. Have now swapped it out for another low-cost frother, and am much happier.

Purchased in July 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $29.00.

Diane J.

Diane J.Illawarra, NSW

No good

On my second one and about to take back. Stopped working even with following all instructions. Would not recommend.I'll have to rethink on brand before I get another one as I retired my espresso machine.

Purchased in March 2019 at K Mart for $29.00.

WilburightAdelaide

Works OK for me

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great in the beginning

I have been through two of these frothers in the last 5 months.
In the beginning I thought it was great, frothed/heated the milk as good as any expensive frother. Started noticing the burnt milk on the bottom of the canister, even though I wash it after every use. If I made 2-3 coffees and consecutively frothed the milk without washing in between the milk would burn and be black on the bottom.
I had to replace the first one after a couple of months as the bottom must have got wet when washing it up? The second one I was a lot more careful washing it up but it just stopped working for no reason?
Wouldn’t buy another, i'll put my money towards a better quality frother.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Nerdgirl

NerdgirlMelbourne

Good but constantly overflows

I clean mine after every use so have never had the issue of the milk burning. But even when I pour in the minimum amount of milk I have found that it will overflow. I don't know if it's because I'm using almond milk rather than cows milk but I'm getting pretty sick of cleaning up after it every time I want frothed up warm milk

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Stephen F

Stephen FSydney, NSW

Amazed

Was scepticle given was so cheap but turned out to be excellent.
Put a few much dearer ones to shame.
Just make sure you clean well straight after use as you get a few milk stains left in the cannister.
At that price happy if lasts 12 months used every day.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Bianca

Bianca

Easy frothy milk!

Very cheap at $29 so was skeptical of quality of product but I have found that it froths and heats milk very well and I haven't had a burnt batch of milk yet and the non-stick coating making cleaning super easy, just a quick rinse and wipe after using. Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
John

JohnPerth

Horrible and dangerous

I used this Kmart milk frother the day after I brought it and it blew the circuit. I was furious because I didn’t have power for 5 hours! I didn’t taste the milk, but it was burnt on the bottom and was very airy. I certainly don’t recommend this product because it is very dangerous I luckily got a refund.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Shane

ShaneCanberra

Kmart milk frother

Still early days, so no burnt milk yet. Warms and froths reasonably well so far.

Not too hard to clean if you do it immediately after use before milk sticks to the supposed non stick coating. Would have been better if it was stainless steel instead as the non stick coating is very thin and probably will not last too long.

It is only good for one cup at a time, this is a bit of a let down.

The electrical design is somewhat dangerous as it turns itself off when it reaches temperature, BUT the switch remains ON. So it will start to heat up again and again if you forget about it, or if you put it back on the base plate without turning it off at the wall or remembering to manually flick the the switch off after use and cleaning.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Nightmare to clean, lasted about 12 months!

Frothed the milk well for a about year and then stopped working. But the whole time it burnt the milk on the bottom and was a nightmare to clean, even if you scrubbed it. I tried rinsing it out immediately after use but that didn't work - the milk got stuck on the bottom. Cheap but rubbish - definitely do not recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2007

Doesn't work

This frother worked really well for 2 weeks the milk heated well and the froth was good but it burnt the milk on the bottom which was difficult to clean then it stopped working . No reason for it to stop working it just stopped. Took it back to store for full refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dangerous

I bought one for the office and it blew the circuit breaker on first use, made sure it was the culprit by trying a second time and it again blew the fuse, so was returned to the store. I will go and pay four times the price for a Nespresso one, as the one I have had for five years is still great...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

marie 5

marie 5South East Queensland, QLD

Throthers

I purchased the kmart milk throther.thought it was a good price.as a milk warmer it was ok but for a milk throther i found it unsatisfactory. It barely throthed the milk at all.easy to clean which was a plus but as i like a nice head of milk on my espresso coffee it hust didnt do it thank you.

Date PurchasedJan 2018