Kmart Online Store

See the Best Online Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kmart

Pros

Competitive prices

Cons

Customer support can be inefficient
Website can be difficult to use
Slow to process refunds

1.2
  • Return Claim MadeYes (77) · No

Missing item from delivery

So I received part of my order but one item is missing I have spent weeks emailing and every response is different and more silly they keep saying the delivery has been delivered well yes it has but it's missing a item and the best one yet is I can't get a refund but if I go into a store I can return the item for a refund! Like wth I don't have a item to return that's why I asked for a refund it's like no one actually reads the email just sends a stupid response.

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi there, we're so incredibly sorry to hear this! Could you please PM us on Facebook with your order number and the item missing so we can get this sorted out for you?

Lachlan C.
Lachlan C.Sydney, NSW

Pathetic dont bother

I have received 2x orders both faulty and whilst Im getting my money refunded.
On of the orders i have to fully disassemble and pack up myself for pick up.
Honestly wont be ordering from kmart online again.
Their customer resolution team is quick to respond but the overall customer experience is sub par.

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Lachlan, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear about your disappointment with what has happened, and we will be sharing your comments with our team so we can better cater to our customer's needs.

AnnieB
AnnieBPerth

Never again!

Ordered a bookcase online, arrived missing a leg. Advised couldn’t get replacement, would have to return the whole thing. Told could get replacement and they would waive $10 postage, which I initially declined, wanted a full refund. I saw a similar item on website for about same price and emailed to ask for this instead later in the day. I sent the email 3 times with no reply. Just realised I have not received refund after 3+ weeks. Went online to chat room and now advised it will be done in 5-7 days…hopefully. Diabolically bad ‘service’ all round….

Joeeee
JoeeeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont Ever Order Online Ever

I’m still WAITING for my desk that I ordered 2 months ago. It’s half here at my house. I have followed up 3 times - they can’t tell me what is happening. No response. Pretty sad when you’ve been waiting 2 months for your desk to arrive and still nothing from the company. Don’t bother.

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Joe, we're so sorry to hear that the desk you ordered has yet to have further updates. Could you please share your order number so we can follow this up for you?

Hopeless

After a three and a half week wait, I found out the wardrobes that I ordered had not been delivered but a home gym had been dropped at my door. The customer service has been disgusting since letting them know. No effort has been made to promptly reimburse me or apologise for the mishap or even explain. Every customer service query is answered with basic cold responses that do not answer your questions. Get a better customer service team and treat your customers with some kind of respect.

Anneken

Moving the Goalposts without informing customers!

I purchased a quilt cover set online in March and when I received it I took it from the package to see what it looked like on a bigger scale. I found the material not to be of good quality and the pattern looked quite different to the online photos.
I took to kmart store for refund and was told their policy on returns had changed and if packet was opened there would be no refund.
I looked all around the Manchester area and there are no signs displayed saying if you open package there will be no refund.
I find this to be misleading and dishonest, they should at very least have signs advising of this policy change.. not good enough Kmart!!

Matt B.
Matt B.Sydney, NSW

2 refunds still not received now 3 months & 6 weeks later- KMART are you in financial difficulty?

I have returned online orders twice to your stores, you have taken back the goods and given me a refund receipt for payment to be via you online teams within 5-10 days.

Both refund have never been received!

This is despite contacting you customer service team via your SMS service and being again advised it would be another 5-10 working days after their manual escalation to the account team for payment.

What's going on KMART?

KmartKmartSend a private message

We are very sorry to hear this Matt, this is certainly not what we ever hope or expect and sincerely apologise for any disappointment caused. Could you please share your details with us via Facebook PM so we can check with our team. Thank you.

No more Kmart ever!

Terrible

Kmart online is kind of a joke. On us!
Most stuff is always "not available online ",then in Townsville, a major northern city with army base, major university and hospitals etc is "remote delivery "!
They make it separate to your other orders so they can charge this.
Yeah no. But does mean they can smack you with $60 for remote delivery!
Plus refused to return shoddy products because "not in box "
Yeah everyone has storage space for lots of empty boxes!
If the stuff actually works in the first place omg.
That's a huge NO from me and my family.

Amy B.
Amy B.

Absolutely horrendous!!!

DrJCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst kind of online shop!

I ordered four storage tubs. (I had to bulk up the order with other items to get free shipping, which was annoying, but hey...) The four tubs arrived - with three lids. I asked KMart to please ship the final lid. They refused. If the product is defective, they can either refund me or I can go to a physical store and get an exchange. (Not possible, as no stock in physical stores anywhere near me.) I repeated that the product was fine, just incomplete, and could they ship the final piece. Nope. We have our rules. Tough.

Online stores are first and foremost selling trust. KMart clearly fails badly at this, and on top of this are incapable of shipping products correctly. Don't use them.

KmartKmartSend a private message

Sorry about this DrJC, we will have our team reach out to you about this in a few days time.

Peirong
PeirongSydney, NSW

Horrible service

Elen18
Elen18MELBOURNE

If you’d like disappointed and a headache shop here

No item sent. No help. Emailed questions not addressed. Refund given a month later without including $35 delivery fee so now I have to chase this too.
I have had this happen to me more than once. I can’t trust them. Cheap stuff, if it ever arrives…
Last year Halloween items arrived six weeks AFTER Halloween and we’d ordered it a month before.
Other times things have arrived broken and packed in such a careless way.

TESSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I could give it 0 stars - terrible online delivery service.

Bought a Fathers Day Present online last September (haven’t seen my dad for three years due to COVID), paid extra for postage. He never received it. Contacted Australia Post they said they left it on the doorstep in full view (not a safe place) they said to contact Kmart as it was not ticked to be signed for (which you would expect when you pay extra for postage). Kmart replied said it was not their problem and to contact PayPal and request a refund. PayPal said it was not their problem and contact Kmart again. Dad missed out on a present and I’m $53 out of pocket.
UPDATE : After this review I was contacted by Kmart and given a full refund. Unfortunately I still wouldn’t use online Kmart again because of my experience.

KmartKmartSend a private message

Thank you for the update, we will share your comments with our team as feedback.

Tammy
Tammy

I can’t give a low enough review.

Jonah C.
Jonah C.asked
Kmart Online Store

I have place an order 2 or 3 days ago. And Still I havent received any order confirmation and receipt in my email. But I have been deducted in my afterpay account already. How can I check if order was really confirmed and being processed? And how can I track my order?

Jeff
Jeff
Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.asked

Hello,

I placed an order online (items that are large).
I originally selected that the items not be left unattended upon delivery and rather that they are signed for, under the impression that said items would be sent together, and thus I would be able to ensure that either myself or someone else would be home on the day or at the time of the expected delivery.

*After* placing the order I was advised that it would be likely that each item would be shipped individually, dependant on what stock was available at each warehouse, which I completely understand. Although, I cannot ensure that either myself or someone else can be home to sign for said items on what could be potentially spread out over 3 separate business days.

Additionally, I do not particularly and potentially want each item to be sent back to the nearest Kmart store because no one was home to accept and sign for the delivery, only to have a refund automatically processed, when instead - any form of communication could be taken to contact myself to then organise the collection from the store itself if the delivery was unsuccessful.

Furthermore, I would then have to wait for the refund to be processed, placed said order again, and pay an additional $80+ delivery fee.

Am I able to change it so that the items can be left unattended rather than signed for?

Shan
Shanasked
Kmart Online Store

how can i review my old orders

Raelene Saciri
Raelene Saciri
KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Shan, thanks for reaching out! These will be in your order history on your account.

KmartKmartSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Kmart representatives

About Kmart's Online Store

The Kmart Online Store sells most products sold at physical Kmart stores. You also have access to Kmart's Online Exclusives products.

You can buy a range of products ranging from clothing, home and living products, tech products, toys, beauty products, sport and outdoor products, and kids and baby products.

Some features of the Kmart Online Store include:

• Free delivery over $65.
  • Metro delivery within 3 to 5 business days.
  • Order before 12pm for same day collection.
  • Have your Click & Collect order delivered express for $5.

When shopping on the online store, you can see the stock availability of an item at your preferred physical Kmart store.

How do returns work?

You can return certain products that have been purchased on Kmart's online store, but they must meet a few criteria, some of which are:

• It must be returned within 60 days of purchase.
  • You need to provide a proof of purchase (such as a receipt), and
  • It must be 're-saleable' (that is, unused and in original packaging).

What do reviewers think of the Kmart Online Store?

Reviews for the Kmart Online Store have mostly been negative. Among positive reviews, customers praised the competitive prices and the efficiency of Click & Collect services (although reviewers were divided on this).

Those who left 1 or 2-star reviews said that Kmart's customer service for their online store was lacking and not particularly helpful. Reviewers who wanted a refund said that these took a while to process, and in some cases, Kmart didn't refund the delivery on unfulfilled orders.

They also said that some of their orders were only partly fulfilled, and that they weren't notified that there wasn't stock for the items they didn't receive.

Some reviewers also said that Kmart's website wasn't user-friendly, saying that it was difficult to navigate and that sometimes they were met with error codes.

Compare both Kmart