Kmart Online Store

See the Best Online Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kmart

Pros

Competitive prices

Cons

Customer support can be inefficient
Website can be difficult to use
Slow to process refunds

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (453)

1 order made = 5 separate packages, infuriating amount of update emails

Website keeps refreshing

I have tried several times to shop online and when I scroll down through products the website just keeps refreshing. Very frustrating and impossible to make it work. It is the NZ site if that’s relevant.

runninga
runningaSydney, NSW

Fix the online shopping functions

Only giving one star because there isn't an option to give zero. Three weeks after Mariah complained about the new website and the same thing is happening to me. Don't tell us to use another browser! If you want any online customers, fix your website! I've tried to shop with you on three different days this week and each time I've been kicked off the site and my shopping list has been deleted. Plus half the things I wanted weren't available online. You also deleted my carefully compiled wishlist. You're making it too hard Kmart.

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your experience shopping online with us. We have noted your comments and shared this on to our website team so they can work on improving. Once again we are extremely sorry to disappoint.

Jessie F.
Jessie F.Sydney, NSW

Really disappointed

Ordered a wooden climbing frame for my daughters birthday. The night before her birthday my partner, who is a builder, went to put it together. Even for him it was extremely difficult to put together and what should have taken less then half an hour took hours.
Holes didn’t match up for screws where they should have and it was uneven with one leg sitting about an inch off the ground. Which for a piece of climbing equipment is dangerous as it was highly unstable.
I am very disappointed with this product and saddened that my daughter had to miss out on one of her birthday presents due to it being totally bad quality.
I now wish I had of spent more money to get a better one in the first place.

OnceapoetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Getting so tired of online dramas

Placed an order at 6.33am, all stock showing available. 2 items cancelled by 6.45am with refund expected in 3-5 days. Are you kidding me? This has happened to me so many times and for some reason I keep trying. Spare me the same old excuse. No one was shopping these items in store between 6.33 and 6.45! You KNOW these items are not available. Take them off your website, say "sold out online" like you do with other items. You need to fix this problem or you are going to lose more and more customers.

Onceapoet

That is the same robot response I have received every time this has happened over the past 2 years. You are obviously not trying hard enough and didn't actually even read my complaint properly.

Anna
AnnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ridiculous process

Ordered some rubber boots that were showing that they were available in 2 locations Kmart debited my card on both occassions and then cancelled my order twice stating that monies will be refunded within 3-5days What a ridiculous process!!!

Robyn Whitehead
Robyn WhiteheadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Placed an order for available items and it was cancelled.

I placed an order today for 2 items that were available on the website. Paid for them but the order was cancelled. Really need to up your game Kmart as to stock availability. Totally not impressed and will not be back. Plenty of other stores could do with my business.

KmartKmartSend a private message

We're so sorry to hear about your cancelled order, Robyn. We can assure you we're working to create a better shopping experience for our customers online and hope your next shop with us is much more enjoyable.

Lillie
LillieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t do it again

It took almost a month to get delivered after they said max wait was 10 days.
Damage to all products and missing pieces and Measurements online were wrong

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Lillie, we're truly sorry for your experience with this order. Please leave your details here: bit.ly/Kmart-Feedback so we can investigate further.

Addison
AddisonSydney, NSW

Get to cart find multiple items out of stock

Cannot determine stock availability for delivery of items until you go to to finalise your cart. Website requires major usability update.

Extremely frustrating and makes you wish you never started an order on their website.

This has occurred on multiple occasions.

WarwickCampbelltown

Worst Service ever.

We purchased a small Marble Table online it was delivered by Australia Post the box it came in had obviously been opened before, the guy that delivered it dropped it on our front porch and could not get away quick enough when we opened it the marble table top was smashed into four pieces and being unable to contact Kmart online we were left with no option but to throw the broken pieces in the bin and vow to never shop Kmart again.

KmartKmartSend a private message

We are sorry to hear this feedback! Please feel free to pm us on FB to follow up further.

Warwick

Thank you for your reply. We were left with no alternative but to throw it in the bin and vow to never have any further dealings with Kmart or Australia Post Online Deliveries.

Alexajaneshesaid
AlexajaneshesaidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The website is soooo frustrating!

3 times I've attempted to build a cart & each time its just deleted 30 minutes worth of hunting! It is as if it logs one out even if they have been active. Very frustrating, its enough to make you seek your products else where to be honest!

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi there, we're so sorry to hear that this is happening and we apologise for the frustration caused. We'd recommend trying to clear your cache, or trying on a different device/browser. We hope this helps!

CraigGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Took 10 days to post an in stock item

They promised 1-3 day delivery. 10 days later they hadn’t even posted it! Gave me excuses about courier experiencing delays. COVID’s been here for 2.5 years, they should have e figured it out or changed their website.

New Website Empties Cart ALL THE TIME

Couldn't complete a single order, tried on my phone, my laptop using 2 different browsers and all 3 times my cart would empty randomly while I was shopping! Infuriating and a waste of time. Especially as there doesn't seem to be a saved item list that I could just quickly attempt to add all my items and quickly check out before it empties. Gave up, will go elsewhere.
Have used the previous site and made 10+ online orders last year, new site is buggy and still hasn't been fixed after several months??

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Mariah, we're so sorry to hear this! We understand how frustrating this must have been and appreciate you getting in touch to let us know. What browser and device are you using so we can follow this up with our web team?

Mariah

BoboSouth East Queensland, QLD

The poor cousin to Big W

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They changed it for worse

I love Kmart but unfortunately they changed the website so now there is no Wishlist feature, and also things in your cart don’t stay there for long/signing in doesn’t save them. This really causes me to think twice about shopping there because with a baby I never get my online shopping done in one go.m so it’s frustrating to start from scratch each time. They did improve the search function where you go to page 2 it now takes you to the top of the page whereas it used to take you to the bottom.

candice p.
candice p.asked
Kmart Online Store

i have purchest from the online stop but when i go to check my orders it says i have none but the mouny has been taken from my acc

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Candice, we are sorry to hear about this. Would you be able to share your email, phone number and address for the order on Facebook direct message so we can look into this for you.

Mary T.
Mary T.asked
Kmart Online Store

If I do an online order and ask for delivery rather than click and collect and 1 of the items are unavailable at my closet store will they missing item be shipped separately

Ross A.
Ross A.asked
Kmart Online Store

How do I use a gift card to purchase online items. ??

KmartKmartSend a private message

Hi Ross, thanks for reaching out! Currently, gift cards are an instore only payment method. We're so sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Get an answer from our members and Kmart representatives

About Kmart's Online Store

The Kmart Online Store sells most products sold at physical Kmart stores. You also have access to Kmart's Online Exclusives products.

You can buy a range of products ranging from clothing, home and living products, tech products, toys, beauty products, sport and outdoor products, and kids and baby products.

Some features of the Kmart Online Store include:

• Free delivery over $65.
  • Metro delivery within 3 to 5 business days.
  • Order before 12pm for same day collection.
  • Have your Click & Collect order delivered express for $5.

When shopping on the online store, you can see the stock availability of an item at your preferred physical Kmart store.

How do returns work?

You can return certain products that have been purchased on Kmart's online store, but they must meet a few criteria, some of which are:

• It must be returned within 60 days of purchase.
  • You need to provide a proof of purchase (such as a receipt), and
  • It must be 're-saleable' (that is, unused and in original packaging).

What do reviewers think of the Kmart Online Store?

Reviews for the Kmart Online Store have mostly been negative. Among positive reviews, customers praised the competitive prices and the efficiency of Click & Collect services (although reviewers were divided on this).

Those who left 1 or 2-star reviews said that Kmart's customer service for their online store was lacking and not particularly helpful. Reviewers who wanted a refund said that these took a while to process, and in some cases, Kmart didn't refund the delivery on unfulfilled orders.

They also said that some of their orders were only partly fulfilled, and that they weren't notified that there wasn't stock for the items they didn't receive.

Some reviewers also said that Kmart's website wasn't user-friendly, saying that it was difficult to navigate and that sometimes they were met with error codes.

Compare both Kmart