Kmart Retail Stores

Kmart Retail Stores

Love it

Enjoy every trip to Kmart. Find everything you need in the one place at reasonable price. Good store layout and helpful staff. Great shop for dog toys. Would recommend. Thanks

Best customer service

I went to Kmart Mirrabooka Perth WA yesterday and was looking for a pair of women’s sport leggings in a particular size. My size wasn’t on the rack so I asked the attendant nearby if there were any other sizes available. The attendant’s name is Dylan and he went out of his way to stop what he was doing to help meet my needs. He looked like he was busy at the time too. Dylan checked if my size was available in store, which it was and ended up being on the display dummy. Dylan got a ladder and got the pair down for me without a flinch. I sincerely appreciate Dylan’s customer service and his time and patience. Have not come across this in a long time. Thanks Dylan!!

Store LocationKmart Mirrabooka, Perth WA

Good value but a few words of caution for prospective buyers

I bought a 74cm Everest mountain bike from K Mart at Cairns Central about two weeks ago. It is now working perfectly and I consider the purchase to have delivered good value. There were a few hiccups along the way though. First, I made an error in assembly, put the forks on backwards. This brought the front wheel too close to the pedals. Thinking it was an error in design I took the bike back with my receipt about a day after bought it. The helpful, polite guy on the door directed me to the service desk and called them to say I was coming. The guy at the service desk ignored me for several minutes while he stared at a plastic bag he was holding and then turned his attention on me like an angry doberman. Before any investigation or enquiry about the problem he flatly refused a refund. I wasn't feeling at all aggressive so I didn't respond to his belligerence but when at one stage he said, pointing to the forks, "you've got that on the wrong way round" I decided to go and look at an assembled bike to see if he was right. When I returned I told him that he had been right and that I'd take the bike back but he wanted to keep arguing and again said he wouldn't do a refund.
With the forks re assembled the bike seemed good except that both the front derailler limit screws continually moved out of adjustment. My thought on that was that, as you'd expect for this price, they've used a very cheap derailler and the screws aren't a tight fit. I fixed this by adjusting the screws carefully and then gluing them in place.
The bike now performs well. I don't expect that it's equal in quality to other bikes which cost twice as much or more and that seems reasonable.
I think it's good value but choose carefully because, unless you enjoy a fight, returning it may not be an option.

Store LocationCairns Central

Perfect for daily life item

Kmart is affordable for day to day daily needs
it’s such a good bargain
basically everything you need you could get it in Kmart
One word for kmart
I love shopping household item from here

Store LocationPacific Werribee plaza Kmart

Going downhill quickly

I used to enjoy shopping at Kmart up until a couple of years ago. They had done a re-vamp and had some great items like candles bedlinen furniture and even some clothes were fine. Each shop had its own individual look and style. Now all the shops are exactly alike with the ridiculous checkout setup in the middle of the shop. The refund counter is stuck all the way at the back as well.The clothes on offer are cheap nasty and go out of shape quickly. The linen section is terrible with very few doona covers and the ones available are all in the same 4 colours.(grey /white/palepink/palegreen). What happened to all the lovely ones that used to be available? And all the electrical is Kmarts own brand now. I still go here ocasionally but generally leave empty handed as nothing is worth buying anymore.

Store LocationCannington Carousel

No Service KMart

Went to kmart yesterday afternoon about 4 pm. Found the checkouts and woe betide No checkouts open. There was 1 staff lady who did ask if I needed help which she put my items through the self service. I notice prices don't go down if I do it myself so why shouldn't I have the choice. Person or self serve?.

Store LocationMorayfield

love it.

kmart is great its one of my favourite stores for just cheap things that are great. always friendly staff. its good to just buy things for home most of my home has got things from kmart.

Store Locationkmart

white four tier ladder shelf

Unable to assemble due to Assembly Instruction sheet not making sense.
A staff member stated it was easy to put together, no sample was displayed so I
believed this to be correct.
This item has 116 screws etc it is impossible to put together for an ordinary man about the house

Store LocationLeopold

Bar Stool, great quality, great value

I purchased Kmarts upholstered bar stool x4 to replace existing ones at our kitchen island. I'm incredibly impressed by the quality of these stools. The upholstered fabric is easy to keep clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth. The seat is extremely comfy, something which was very important to me as we have most of our meals at the kitchen island using these stools. To top it off, the price was incredibly affordable, I had seen similar at other retail outlets at double the price. Really happy with my purchase.

Store LocationKmart Minto

No checkouts open

Monday, almost 1pm-Albury store. My husband and I were shopping and went to the checkouts to find NONE open. Only option was self service. The ladies on the floor could see it was busy and yet they weren't offering to open up a checkout-just stood in the self service section helping customers. I'm sorry, but I don't work at Kmart. I don't want to have to scan my own items. I'm also HUGELY against self service checkouts as they take jobs away from people and I expect to receive some decent customer service and interaction when I go to a store. This was just absolutely appalling. I'd literally just said to my husband after standing there for a while "If they don't open a checkout, let's just put these things down and go elsewhere". Thankfully an older lady asked if they could open a checkout, and they eventually did. Whilst waiting in the line, another woman said to the older lady "thank you so much for asking! I hate self serve checkouts!" She was quite obviously angry at the lack of customer service too. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. It makes it feel like they don't value their customers.

Store LocationAlbury

Where has the quality gone?

I feel I must be the odd person out. Kmart sells rubbish. Goods that don't last the distance and yes they are sometimes cheap and nasty. I would rather shop at Big W now because I prefer brand name products that last. And more varieties. I have heard that Big W is closing down because of Kmart has aimed at the younger generation. And Big W is going to go more like Kmart. No thanks. Kmart doesn't sell electronic games, good brands just crap. And more plastic crap.

Store LocationKmart

The new renovations leave a bit to be desired

The new renovations in kmart make it hard for pyshically challenged. They isles are crammed together. The product choices are now less, so I'm finding I am not going to kmart for the simple thing I was before. They have moved the check out to the middle of the store making moving arouns the from one side to the other harder especially when there is a que. They have cut the number of actually check out staff in favour of the self serve check which makes checking out a lot longer especially if their is customers that have problems with their items. Most of their staff are friendly however not many of the staff actually know where products are located and seem disinterested in helping you locate a product.

Store LocationQueanbeyan

Love the range of products...but why are the registers in the middle of the store?

My children and I always enjoy visiting Kmart. They have a huge range of products and for a very competitive price. It's a bit hit and miss in terms of quality. Eg. I bought some ladies singlets there and they are already thread bare, however, the socks I purchased are really thick and lasting a long time. The Lego range could be bigger but the price is the best I've seen anywhere. Sometimes the staff aren't the friendliest and I don't understand why the cash registers are in the centre of the store.

Store LocationWagga Wagga

Great service and range of products

Bought men’s chinos - good range and so affordable as we needed chinos for a specific occasion

Good colour range and size range

Great fits and styles

Doesn’t look cheap

Great price

Very helpful staff - they helped with finding sizes for us

Washed garments a few times and they haven’t faded- they still look good

Store LocationCastle Towers

Love Kmart

Love Kmart... My go to every weekend!!
Womans work pants - why are the waist areas so tiny?? Legs/thighs/calves area nice and roomy yet fitted...then get to the waist and won't buckle cause it's extremely tiny!!! Not every woman is a tiny waist gal. Fix this please!! Other than Kmart has great variety low prices can't beat!! Thanks

Great customer service

Went late night shopping after work at Kmart Kardinya Perth walked past clearance rack and found the shirt I really liked but my size was not in stock. I was then approached by a young lady sorry I forgot her name who was so polite professional then checked all stores WA and found one in Morley requested the store to transfer the shirt to Kardinya.
I was so impressed , she would not be more than 18 years old THIS Ws the old fashion customer service which is now gone.
I requested to see her manager and told her how lucky was Kmart to have someone like her.
Very very impressed with the team of young girls working at Kmart kardinys.

Store LocationKmart Kardinya

Great Aussie store

To be perfectly honest, the Australian Kmarts are much better than the ones I have found in the US and anywhere else, I have bought my curtains from here and various other items and I have found that I've been nothing but pleased

Store LocationBondi junction kmart

My home away from home

Love this place, such great prices and always amazing and new products to purchase.. I am really looking forward to being able to decorate/purchase new items for my home, due to Kmart’s products being affordable & looking the part.
Always has good stock of items although I find it hard to find available staff around to ask for help if need be

Store LocationKmart Sylvania

K Mart cushions- quality and beauty for a small price

K Mart cushions- quality and beauty for a small price. These gorgeous cushions add glamour and beauty to our home for a small price. You cant go wrong really. They are really good value.

Store LocationK Mart Oxenford

Need something for your house - Kmart has it all!

My partner and I just purchased our first home and visited Kmart to gather some essentials from Kmart. This store has a wide variety of kitchen supplies which are very reasonably priced. I purchased several glass containers for food storage which were all between $3-$7. Kmart also sold beautifully hand written $2 labels for these storage containers (i.e. rice, flour, tea etc...) which were exceptionally well priced for 20+ labels. IN addition, we were able to purchase 6 gorgeous black metal chairs for our new dining table which were $34 each! The man who assisted us with the sale was helpful and allowed us to use extra padding when stacking the chairs. A wonderful experience! Thanks Kmart.

Store Locationcastle hill

Yesterday my mum bought me a white queen size sheet set from kmart boronia but she didnt realise i had got myself sheet set 2 weeks ago. Of course i dont know what i did with the receipt but its kmarts brand and they have always given refunds so i went to return sheet set and i was refused refund. Why? My mum paid cash and its their brand and she just bought it a day ago. A friend of mine returned quilt cover without receipt and he got a refund no questions asked. Why was i treated differently. Its ridiculous. So they only refund without receipt if a female is serving a good looking male ??????
each store does different things it all depends on who the manager is on the day & what staff are on the returns desk & what mood they are in, try another storeHas it to do with the huge theft problem retail outlets are having to deal with

How did KMart decide that centre checkouts were a smart thing? I have heard from a number of people that they don't shop at KMart since the change. I too avoid it as much as possible. It seems soooo dumb to me. The other thing that keeps me away from KMart is the stupid requirement to enter the number of bags used. It is not needed and it doesn't even specify whether they are your bags or Kmart bags. If they are Kmart bags I will scan them like everywhere else. I refuse to enter the number, which would be zero anyway, as a matter of principle. One staff member told me that I had to do it. I told her that I didn't, and walked out, leaving the two items behind. I don't blame the floor staff, the management and system are at fault, in my opinion. Why did KMart waste so much money on centre checkouts that upsets so many customers?
Have you asked the store manager or contacted Kmart it is the only way you are going to get the answer.Yes, i spoke to the front end controller about the bag issue and she said that was the way it is and added that she didn't want to talk anymore about it, before turning away from me and walking away. She didn't want to know about it or wish to pass on the feedback. I also sent something to the KMart website.Thanks Sister, I corrected the typos, etc.