2Knose

Knose Questions & Answers

Charbel S.
Charbel S.

Hi. I was interested in getting pet insurance. I have read the pds but i would just wondering if you could help me out?

1) my dog has eaten a chicken bone but didn't suffer any major problems. ie: surgery. She just got an upset stomach. If she ate something sinister and needed emergency surgery for foreign body; will it still be covered even though she ate a bone in this year? again,didn't need surgery,vet checked her stomach and no blockage.

2) she has gotten blood tests this year. Would this count as a pre-condition if she needed another one? Will it be covered?

3) I thought she was walking funny but the vet checked her knees and they were fine. Is this. Considered pre existing condition?

Knose   DM

Hi Charbel, Interesting questions, and great overview. I am hoping that you may consider giving us a call on 1300 356 642. You see, these are questions for the gurus in our team, all highly trained veterinary staff. They know the right questions to ask you so that you get the right answers for your situation. Me, well I am just the person that gets to read your brilliant questions and point you to those that know. Thanks for reading the PDS, also, there is a waiver form form on our site that may assist. Though for all your answers, give us a call, one of our wonderful Aussie team will be there to help you.

Leah M.
Leah M.

Hi there, do you need the vet consultation notes to be emailed through/attached when making a claim, every time? I understand that you may want an initial set of notes, but do you need me to send them through with every claim, or is a receipt enough? Some vets don't let you have consultation notes and they can take weeks to do the claim, so I prefer to do it myself. Thanks!

Knose   DM

Hi Leah, Great question, thanks for asking. In short the answer is yes. Each consult you will need to submit vet notes. However, you can submit the claim without the notes and we will contact the vet to obtain the notes on your behalf once we have received a paid tax invoice from you. Unfortunately we cannot begin assessment until we have received all of the information. Sometimes if you have a chat with the reception or nursing staff at the clinic and let them know that it will be an insurance claim they may be able to assist in having those notes ready for you. Hope that helps. If you would like further clarification, please give us a call we will be happy to assist 1300 356 642 Have an amazing day!

John C.

Hi can you transfer another Insurer over to you or do I have to cancel with them first then join Knose ?

Knose   DM

Hi John C. Great question. One that requires us to look at your case specifically so you can make an informed decision about what is right for your family. Any of our Aussie team will be happy to help. Are you able to give us a call on 1300 356 642 or if you prefer please jump onto the website knose.com.au where our webchat team are more than happy to assist. Thanks for reaching out

Thanks Tiaan, will do

Anna W
Anna W

Do you cover total hip replacements?

Knose   DM

Hi Anna Thanks for reaching out.
We would need to understand more about the context to answer that question. Please private message your number or call us on 1300 356 642 so that a product specialist can discuss your question with you in more detail.

Jennifer Santos-Angeles
Jennifer Santos-Angeles

Is palate surgery for puppy covered?

ClareM
ClareM

I don’t know but their PDS is available online and pretty clear. Knose is also very transparent and answers questions quickly.

Knose   DM

Hi Jennifer Thanks for reaching out.
Please contact us on 1300356642 so that one of our product experts can discuss this with you.

Carlos
Carlos

Please check my reviews, I have claims from last year that the company has not reimbursed, sent me an email or call me, They just went silent. Be aware that for many people they have raised their policies by 25%. Do your research before giving your automatic debit details to any company.

David
David

what routine care is not covered

Knose   DM

Hi David Knose Pet Insurance does not cover routine care at all. That includes items like parasite control medication, desexing, vaccinations annual health check-ups. We have another product (not insurance) called Pet Care Plans that caters specifically for pro-active, preventative healthcare. external link

Any advice contained in this conversation is general advice only and has been prepared without taking account of your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Having regard to these, you should consider the appropriateness of any advice and the Product Disclosure Statement (‘PDS’’) available via external link  or by calling 1300 356 642 before making a decision to acquire, or to continue to hold, the product.

Linda F
Linda F

What is a promo code?

Knose   DM

Hi Linda The promo code filed in our online sales pages is an optional field.
From time to time we run promotional activities. These often provide a code to redeem the promotional offer, such as a discount. Also, we use promotional codes when your vet or breeder refers you to identify where the lead has come from and to provide you with a discount we have offered that person's customers.
Please feel free to call our Australian-based customer service team at 1300 356 642 if you have any other quests.
Regrads
The Knose team

PattiJ

Does. This policy cover the animal for its lifetime?

Knose   DM

Hi Patti, Thanks for reaching out! Once you have Knose Pet Insurance there is no age limit. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to call us at 1300 356 642 8am - 8pm Monday - Saturday. Alternatively, you can view answers to many questions in our FAQ section at Knose.com.au.

Kind regards

Lis
Customer Experience Manager

Kazu
Kazu

My cat has pre-existing condition (bladder infection) but it hasn't happened more than 12 month. He has nothing problem about health now.
Can he take an insurance ? and also , Will its pre-existing cover by insurance in the future? He is still 4years old.

Knose   DM

Hi Kazu If you could please give us a call on 1300 356 642 we would be more than happy to answer all your questions.
The Knose Team

Vivian Z
Vivian Z

Hi,
I'm interested in joining Knose for my 10 weeks old puppy, would like to confirm is it true that Knose do not increase premium based on the accumulated claims been made in the previous years?

Knose   DM

Hi Vivian Thank you for your question. We have addressed this and other questions that frequently pop up in the FAQ section of our website at external link .

Please call us on 1300 356 642 or send us a direct message if you would like to know more about Knose Pet Insurance.

Knose Financial Services Pty Ltd (ABN 38 620 795 735, AR 1275755) (‘Knose’) distributes Knose Pet Insurance as an authorised representative of Blend Insurance Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 47 617 346 353, AFSL 500768) (‘Blend’).
Blend is an underwriting agency acting under a binding authority as agent for the insurer, Australian branch of Allied World Assurance Company, Ltd (ABN 54 163 304 907) (‘Allied World’). In all aspects of arranging this product, Blend and Knose act as agents of Allied World and not as your agent. Any advice is general advice only and has been prepared without taking account of individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the appropriateness of any such advice and the Product Disclosure Statement (‘PDS’’) available via external link  or by calling 1300 356 642 before making a decision to acquire, or to continue to hold, the product. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Please refer to the PDS.

Parker
Parker

Hi, the PDS says Pre-existing condition is illness which first occurred before the first period of insurance or during waiting period. Does that mean that if my pet had a condition/symptom ever in their lifetime before signing up, that automatically gets excluded from coverage regardless of whether it was cured? E.g. 1 day of diarrhea 2yrs ago and has not experienced it since - will that mean diarrhea & related issues will not be covered for the pet? How do you determine if a condition is pre-existing, or if it is a new unrelated condition with same/similar symptoms?

Knose   DM

Thankyou for your question! We understand some conditions are temporary and if applicable we will consider them treated before the policy is taken out or when a listing a Pre-existing Condition inform you of when it may be reviewed.

We encourage our customers to request a Pre existing condition assessment during their 21 day cooling off period to ensure they are able to make an informed decision on the right policy for their pet. As part of this assessment we will review any conditions/symptoms in the clinical history as provided by your vet and advise of any reviewable periods or exclusions that may apply.

Kind regards

Lis

CarynR
CarynR

Has anyone found that Knose are significantly more expensive than other providers? I've just gone through the online quote system for 2 dogs and the rate is nearly 4 times higher than RSPCAs! Just about every comment here says they're great value so I'm really confused. Has everyone here made a lot of claims?!

Hi CarynR, I will respond in a private message. Regards

Kristian LG
Kristian LG

Knose has no excess, RSPCA does (and hence the cheaper premium).

Chloe H.
Chloe H.

Rspca has no excess.

PattiJ

I got a quote today from RSPCA and it was much more expensive than Knose even though I included the dental cover with Knose.

Hi Knose,
Your PDS states that before the policy expires you will decide whether it will be renewed. Does that mean that even if we pay our premiums on time, you might elect not to reinsure if we had had to make claims? I have a brand new pup without any problems at present, but I'd like some reassurance before committing to a company that they wouldn't decline to reinsure an animal after a year or two if they developed an ongoing illness? Many thanks

Knose   DM

Hi SuB. I have responded in a private message.

tawny91
tawny91

I would like to know the answer to SuB's question because it's an important issue for potential clients to be aware of. Why respond in only a private message? unless it's a negative response???

Knose   DM

Hi, Unfortunately we are not allowed to publish product specific information in this forum. Hence the need for private responses. I will reach out to you privately. Thanks for your understanding. Kind regards Lis

SuB

Tiaan I was happy after chatting to them on the phone and went ahead with the policy. I’ve not made any claims yet.

omb
omb

As it is written they can cancel you at anytime worth a pass

Celestial
Celestial

I would like to know the answer to SuB’s question as well, it is a very important issue.

Knose   DM

Hi Celestial Thank you for your question. We have addressed this and other questions that frequently pop up in the FAQ section of our website at external link .

Kelly
Kelly

Where does it state you cannot publish specific product information? Transparency is key. Deceptive Insurance Cover it appears if you cannot openly and answer questions by consumers.

Shireen Kelman
Shireen Kelman

Hi Knose
I have a 6 year old that I have insured with RSPCA and just about to get a new puppy boy 8 weeks old and looking around at insurance for both of them

Would you be able to tell me how you differ to RSPCA ?
Who is KNOSE underwritten by ?

Many thanks
Shireen

Knose   DM

Hi Shireen The Australian branch of Allied World Assurance Company is the insurer.

Please call us on 1300 356 642 if you would like to discuss our policy or if you have any other questions.

Anna Fe Goodreid
Anna Fe Goodreid

Just enquiring if there is a deal if you insure more than one pet? I have two kittens that I would like to get insured.

Anna

Lindsay-Anne T.
Lindsay-Anne T.

Hi! No there’s no deal for 2 pets. However it did work out to be cheaper for me in comparison to other companies because of the breed of my 2 dogs.

Knose   DM

Hi. We are able to offer multi-pet discounts (however, it cannot be used in conjunction with other offers). Please give us a ring on 1300 356 642 and we would be more than happy to supply you with a promotion code.

Nadine

Do you cover neopolitan mastiffs

Knose   DM

Yes, we do! We use the spelling variation with an A. Look for Neapolitan Mastiff in the quote tool.

Nadine

Do you cover neopolitan mastiff

Knose   DM

Yes, we do! Look for Neapolitan Mastiff in the quote tool.

Shomik S.
Shomik S.

Would like to know about COVER VET CONSULTATION FEES in depth. As its an optional check box, couldnt find details specific to it in the PDS. Would like to know if it covers general consultation and if yes, is there a yearly cap?

Stuart
Stuart

In order to make sure you get the correct information, you should contact Knose by phone and ask the consultant. They are helpful and explain everything in plain English.

Knose   DM

Thank you Stuart! Absolutely Shomik, we would love to chat with you. We are available 8am - 8pm Monday - Saturday on phone, email or Webchat, and we can answer any questions you may have. Have a great day!

Get an answer from our members and Knose representatives

Visit Official Website