Koala Mattress Queen

Koala Mattress Queen

4.6 from 1,638 reviews
Koala Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

Good for 6 months but then it starts to sag

We found the mattress initially quite comfortable, but after 6 months it has developed a sag were we sleep. I started getting lower back and hip pain recently which I worked out was due to the mattress (I slept on another mattress and it got better, then got worse again when I returned to the Koala. When sleeping, I feel like I'm rolling into the groove all the time. I contacted Koala, went through the process of taking measurements and sending them photos. After a month of no contact I followed up again and they told me that the claim was rejected because the sag was less than 2.5cm. We're now looking at getting a different mattress but we'll be out of pocket. I can't sell this one to someone knowing that it's defective so I'm not sure what to do with it.

Purchased in September 2018 for $900.00.

Discomfort Yes

Do not hesitate!

Mattress shopping is a nightmare and so I took the plunge with Koala because at least I could trial it and send it back! Well, it won't be going back because there is no way I could part with it. I received the mattress 4 hours after ordering it. I no longer wake up with aching joints and I just love the way it feels.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,050.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
SaggingNo

Pretty impressive for its price

I came from a memory foam mattress to Koala and for its price range it’s amazing! Customer service was great too. Don’t expect this mattress to be the same as a $2k + mattress but for an affordable mattress it’s wonderful I sleep pretty good and you get used to it quickly :) Good for an intermittent mattress for a couple years or a guest room or kids mattress!

Purchased in April 2018 for $850.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived FirmnessMedium

The best mattress in the world!!

I have arthritis in my spine and this mattress has helped no more stiff and sore backs in the morning sleeping all night I love it thanks koala x x

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Great mattress at a great price!

I bought a koala Mattress and base and couldn’t be happier with it. The fast free delivery and trial took the worry out of buying online. I certainly won’t be returning it, it’s the best mattress I’ve ever bought. Thank you Koala!

Purchased in March 2019 for $950.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

This mattress was worth buying

The mattress is very comfortable and it's durable. Didn't have back pain while sleeping on the koala mattress and the quality of sleep which I get using this mattress is unbelievable

Purchased in May 2019.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft

No more insomnia or aches and pains

Mattress has perfect firmness. No more waking up with sore neck or headaches. No insomnia since getting mattress 3 weeks ago as before I would suffer 2-3 times a week.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Great to hear! Thanks, Jess

Change for the better and sleeping soundly

Koala's mattress purchase was made with only a little amount of research. The first time we laid on the mattress, it felt restful. When my wife twisted and turned on the mattress, I could hardly feel the movement on the mattress and I was awake. It's super comfortable and light to lift. The delivery service is excellent and the recycling of your old mattress shows Koala's commitment to the environment. A truly worthwhile purchase.

Purchased in March 2019.

Sleeping PositionFront

Not to bad

Not to bad so far it does seem a little stiff for my liking to be honest, have sent koala a message but haven't heard back from them. The delivery times they allocated were delayed so had to change plans to sit at home and wait for the delay.

Purchased in April 2019 for $850.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Feels great, very comfortable and my cat is more snuggly

The mattress is super comfortable and is incredibly soft yet still firm enough to not sink in to the mattress. Mattress is cool and does not feel hot when sleeping. My cat even loves it! She used to only sleep at the foot of my bed but since getting the mattress she now sleeps in multiple areas of the mattress and even snuggles up to me more! My girlfriend hasn’t stayed over and tried it yet but that’s not as important as the cat liking it.

Purchased in April 2019 for $892.50.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Perceived FirmnessSoft
Thanks for taking the time to write this honest review lol, we do hope your girlfriend likes it as much as your cat.

The perfect mattress for Quality Sleep & People having Neck/Shoulder Pain

The Mattress is very comfortable for quality sleep.
I am having Neck and shoulder pain since the last few years, it was increasing day by day and I was not having proper sleep due to high pain during sleep. I thought to try Koala and found amazing! I got Koala Mattress within a given time frame of 4 hrs. The most important is it just reduced my pain from the first night and reduced 80% of pain, Now I am having very quality sleep which I did not had since last few years.
Just Perfect! My recommendation to everyone.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Wow! What a great review, thank you

Pretty good mattress!

The best customer service! Very comfy, softer than I expected, my tossing and turning doesn’t wake my partner up anymore, and it is good for hip support. Only improvement could be more side support in the mattress.

Purchased in April 2019 for $890.00.

LOVE this mattress!

Love this mattress, it is firm yet not too firm and I'm no longer waking up with a sore back or hips. Sleeping much better, without waking through the night!

Purchased in April 2019 for $950.00.

Great purchase!!

Mattress is very supportive. It is comfortable and has improved my sleep quality immensely. I am satisfied with this product. The service received has been impeccable. Overall a great buy.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Overall a really poor quality product!

Buyer Beware

This is our second problematic mattress from Koala.
Having had numerous problems with the first mattress consistent with overall poor quality and the sagging of the product over the space of 6months, I contacted Koala who after a number of emails and photographic proof offered a replacement.
Now, after 1yr, the replacement mattress has also gone down the same path of the previous. It sags on both sides forcing you to lay on an angle, causes massive back pain and has lost all its 'zero disturbance technology' meaning you feel all movement from a restless partner.

Although the company were easy to deal with, this review is solely for their product and as such I would not recommend someone purchase one of these beds. I see there are a lot of positive reviewers out there but would like to know if these are just 'honeymoon' reviews within the first 6 months

Poor quality
Not durable
Back pain
Sagging

Purchased in April 2018 for $950.00.

Discomfort Yes
Perceived FirmnessHard

Comfortable, but long term durability problematic

It's definitely a very comfortable mattress at first, and slightly on the softer side. I would have given it 5 stars within the first 6 months. However durability is not good if you're a heavy person and it looks like we now need to replace it after 24 months, having kept it too long at that. I'm 6ft3 and 110kg, after a year there was a big indentation of my body side of the bed, which has made it uncomfortable. My wife's side is still fine. She is less than half my weight.

Purchased in April 2017 at Koala Living for $899.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Perceived FirmnessSoft
Hi Geoff, I'm sorry to hear a dip has developed on your side. This shouldn't be happening and a fault like this is covered under our 10-year warranty if the indent is 2.5 cm or deeper. Please be sure to call or email our support team so we can get this resolved for you. 1800 KSLEEP / support@koala.comI measured it to be 2cm deep so not eligible, but 2cm is quite deep/uncomfortable.

BEST MATTRESS EVER

Love the mattress! So comfortable and have had the best sleep since getting it! It is honestly the best mattress I have ever laid on. I can’t wait to buy another

Purchased in April 2019 for $949.00.

Yay! We're so glad you love it, Caitlin. Thanks

So happy I listened to people and actually bought one!! Takes a little getting use too but it’s amazing!!

I have a bad back from work and since owning the koala mattress, my back has gotten better. I would recommend the koala mattress to anyone! It’s absolutely amazing and worth the money you pay! Also loved that I got a toy koala and certificate with it

Purchased in March 2019 for $950.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thanks for sharing Gemma!

Hot uncomfortable toxic

I find this mattress over heats my body and can’t get a good night sleep always waking up hot and sweaty, it’s not that comfortable and had very toxic smell for about 4 weeks after opening it. I’m currently looking at buying a new mattress

Purchased in January 2019 for $900.00.

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!

So comfy but is yellow

This mattress is so comfortable unfortunately it turned yellow from the day of taking it out of the box. Customer service hasn’t answered me for two weeks, a little disappointing.

Purchased in April 2019.

Hi Abbey, I'm so sorry that you did not hear back. I've sent you a private message to get this resolved right away. Eve @ Koala

Hi there! We were actually one of the first 100 people to purchase a Koala Mattress (so you know we're fans from way back!) but when preparing to move recently have noticed that the underside of the cover is completely torn to shreds as the mattress has moved around on its base - it seems perhaps the matte finish was not quite grippy enough! Is there some way we can have the cover replaced?
Hi Liz, Oh no! Are you using one of our bed bases? If you could please take a moment to fill in the warranty form (link below) we can get this sorted out for you right away. https://koalamattress.typeform.com/to/yPQbEV Please ensure that your photos uploaded through the form replicate the examples provided, otherwise your claim may be denied or asked to retake the photos, which will delay the turnaround time. Once we have received the form back we will be in touch within 2-3 business days with an outcome to your warranty request. Eve

I purchased a queen mattress 11 months ago through Myer, I have noticed that it is starting to sag in the middle causing my partner and I to roll towards each other in the center of the bed. Has anyone else had this issue? any suggestions??
Hi Kaitlyn, So sorry to hear this is happening. Please reach out to our customer service team. They would be happy to look into this for you and submit a warranty claim. 1800 KSLEEP or support@koala.com Thank you

Queen