Koala Mattress Queen

1,467

Trish

TrishSydney, NSW

Great customer service. Horrid mattress

Customer service is fantastic. However product is awful. Mattress was rock hard and did not mould to my body. Tried to 2 weeks developed back and neck pains which I had never experience before. I am a side sleeper 58KG Sending back. Husband is 25KG heavier found mattress ok.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,000.00.

Sandeep V.

Sandeep V.Sydney, NSW

Perfect Mattress

I bought two mattress at the same time and can say that I am very happy with the this mattress compared to the other one. Although I paid more for the other mattress, but I absolutely love my koala so much that I have ordered another one for my third bedroom today. I wake up fresh with no pains or aches anywhere, and firmness is just right for the body. Strongly recommend to try this mattress before you make your final decision.

Purchased in August 2019.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Doc

Doc

Nice, but nothing particularly special

lots of hype because of it's "5 star rating", and it's an easy process to order, the 120 day trial is great, but as a mattress is simply "nice", but nothing i'll be bragging to others about. Being a foam mattress is lacks the cosiness a pillowtop has, being foam it takes a little to shape nicely to your body, the instant comfort of a spring mattress not present. So for $900 it's a fairly safe bet due to its trial period vs other mattresses (probably the reason for it's high star rating), a bit firm for my liking still, but overall just a pretty nice mattress.

Not sure

The mattress is comfortable, but it took 3 months for the chemical smell to go away. Now my husband and I are experiencing health problems. I'm concerned that the isocyanates in the polyurethane foams have or are causing breathing and immune system problems

Purchased in January 2019.

Adjustment PeriodMonths

Amazing mattress!

Perfect balance between soft and firm; feels so comfortable to sleep on and I feel like I fall asleep faster on it compared to my previous mattress. Also I initially slept on the wrong side of the mattress and it still felt decent, but the proper side is a dream!

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Toni Smith

Toni SmithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy with our mattress

Very firm mattress providing excellent night sleep and less aches and pains. I highly recommend the Koala mattress to everyone. Unrolls easily and packaging was all recycled. Australian made product

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,050.00.

Koala S.Koala

So comfy and easy company to deal with

I thought I had nothing to lose when I purchased my koala mattress. They delivered it no worries on the requested date and I put it straight on my new bed base - such a comfy mattress and so well priced!

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Comfortable And Easy To Get Used To Mattress.

Has had a positive effect on my back issues. Mattress is very firm no sagging at all. Great Aussie product. Used to have disturbed sleep now sleeping all night. Keep up the good work.

Catherine

CatherinePerth, WA

Extremely comfortable

Very comfortable. Waking up with considerably less back pain after only a few weeks of use and getting better quality sleep. Koala pillow is very supportive and complements the mattress.

Most comfortable mattress

We purchased the koala 2 years ago and it took about a week for our bodies/backs to adjust to a new mattress. This is the most comfortable mattress and enjoy going to bed knowing we will have a great nights sleep. The pillows are amazingly comfortable as well. We loved ours so much that we purchased 2 more king single sizes for our kids. Delivery was super fast. I wanted to wait a decent amount of time before I left a review so it could be accurate. No complaints here we all love our koalas.

Purchased in December 2017 for $950.00.

Perfect firmness

The Koala mattress is slightly firm and very comfortable to sleep on. It fits well on the old base an is not too high to fit sheets. You can expect to have a good nights sleep.

Purchased in August 2019 at Website.

Amanda

AmandaCentral, SA

To firm

I find the mattress too firm and is actually making my back hurt. Haven’t been sleeping very well hopping the mattress topper will help when I get it. The quality of the mattress is good and I like that it is light which makes changing it easy. The service has been ok but was unhappy it wasn’t delivered to my house. It went to a transport company and I had to get someone to pick it up for me. I feel I should have been made aware of this as after talking to the koala team they new it may not be delivered to my house but never informed me. I feel koala only post the good reviews on there site

Purchased in September 2019 for $950.00.

Benn

BennAlice Springs, NT

Not as hype states

Bought on hype. ‘Very’ firm and as some have previously stated over priced foam. (Comfy as sleeping on long pile carpet). Mattress hasn’t softened in time. 75kg male and sleep is no better than on a $400 mattress. As a positive, there’s no sagging, customer service was fair and delivery no hassle. As I don’t live metropolitan, it’s not viable to return, (I understood this though, but didn’t expect I’d like to return it). Claimed as Australia’s highest rated mattress but shows no fair dinkum reviews on their page to back this up. Why isn’t there provision to leave reviews directly on the Koala page? Slightly disappointed.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,100.00.

Horrible.

Cheap bed base and mattress, for the price can get a much better bed. Also they have bad customers service. Absolute idiots, they don’t like bad reviews then laugh at you when u try to tell them what wrong. Instead of fixing there problem they rather laugh in your face. I’ll be sure to write review on the site and pictures to prove that they don’t care.

Wonderful bed

Just the right firmness and comfy for full night's sleep. Arrived on time and was easy to set up. Can see why it gets good reviews. Sleep well on this mattress.

Cath Booth

Cath BoothGippsland, VIC

Great nights sleep.

I am a restless sleeper and woke my husband constantly. This mattress has given him and me a great nights sleep. I would and have recommended Koala to everyone I know who is looking for a new bed.

Purchased in September 2019 at On line for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionFront

Not a fan

Not a fanSouthwest, VIC

Don’t waste your money a very expensive piece of foam

I purchased the matress and to be honest it was just a huge piece of over priced foam..I also had to return the matress myself where I was greeted with a whole heap of koala mattresses and toppers that were being returned also.. don’t waste your money

Perceived FirmnessSoft

Alyssa

AlyssaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hardest bed ever. But great customer service.

Purchased for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
SaggingYes

Koala’s comfortable Mattress

Love our new mattress
It’s comfortable and light but not soft or hard. Just perfect. You cannot feel any movement when another person on mattress.
Delivery was fast and efficient.
Recommend highly to anyone.

Purchased in September 2019 at Koala for $800.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Was sceptical, but love it

I was sceptical but thought I would give it a try. I originally ordered for the spare room when people stay over but after trying myself my old (more expensive) mattress can go there and the koala is staying with me. Having a better sleep and super comfy, ordered a pillow too which is also amazing. 5 star #koalaforlife
Super quick 4 hour delivery was shocking but should be the benchmark for companies.

Derek

Derekasked

I'd be interested to here from people who have had the mattress for a few years not just a few weeks. Foam tends to wear quickly and being all foam I have a feeling there would be massive changes in feel between when you first get the mattress to a few years down the track.

Hey Derek,

Hope you are having a great day :)

The Koala Mattress is covered by a 10 Year Full Replacement Limited Warranty. Our mattresses are built to last, and we proudly stand by this unbeatable warranty as proof of our confidence in the product.
You can read a little bit more about the warranty here: https://assets.koala.com/img/emails/Koala_Warranty/10YearLimitedMattressWarranty.pdf

Thanks!
The Koala Team

Ryan G.

Ryan G.asked

How good is this mattress for someone who sleeps on their side will it be too firm? Wanting to know before I buy. Thanks.

H. B.
H. B.

I dislike firm beds and have bursitis in one hip on and off. I’m also a side sleeper (though sometimes I find myself on my back) I’m not having any discomfort at all from this bed. Mattress comes with a lengthy trial period it and if not happy they will refund you. Also will provide a topper if you want that extra layer of comfort.

Beauy Bob
Beauy Bob

I think it’s really comfy and I sleep in my side. It’s a 120 day trial so you could just try it.

Dallas
Dallas

It's costing me 2500 for a chiropractor to fix my back still not fixed bit of perment damage I changed brands to ecosa mattress and haven't had an issue since but I will be seeking legal advice

Brooke B.

Brooke B.asked

What time of mattress protector is bedtvto use.

Hi Brooke!
It's entirely up to you.
Ideally try and find something that uses natural fibres so that the mattress can still breathe!
Our mattress also comes with a zip-off washable mattress cover but this isn't 100% waterproof.
Hope this helps!

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

CategoryMattresses