Koala Mattress Queen

Koala Mattress Queen (page 2 of 89)

4.6 from 1,766 reviews

1,467

Was sceptical, but love it

I was sceptical but thought I would give it a try. I originally ordered for the spare room when people stay over but after trying myself my old (more expensive) mattress can go there and the koala is staying with me. Having a better sleep and super comfy, ordered a pillow too which is also amazing. 5 star #koalaforlife
Super quick 4 hour delivery was shocking but should be the benchmark for companies.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Two uncomfortable dips at 16 months.

Two defined dips in it where we sleep and a raised bump between us. Has not maintained its shape or firmness at 16 months old. Was perfect for first 6 mths and maintained shape and firmness but looks like an old mattress now. (We weigh 58 kilos and 74 kilos incidentally). It's a worry it already has dips, as what is it going to be like in a few years time!!
Photo may not capture dips but they are definitely there.

Purchased in May 2018 at online for $950.00.

SaggingYes
Adrian K.

Adrian K.Perth, WA

If you enjoy a concrete slab to sleep on, with bricks as pillows, sign up now!

Perceived FirmnessVery Hard
Koala S.Koala

Thank you for taking the time to write this review Adrian, and for the helpful feedback, I am sorry that you found the Koala mattress too firm.

lynne

lynneSouthwest, VIC

Super Slumber

The mattress is firm but still comfortable. You don't lie just on top of the matress but feel warm in it even though it is firm. You cannot feel your partner move on the mattress overnight so are not woken up. It provides wonderful back support that feels natural so I don't wake up stiff. It's good quality and I'm sure will last for a very very long time. It came in the mail and had a surprise gift inside which was a very nice touch. Overall we are very happy with it and now knowing what it is like would have no hesitation in buying one.

Purchased in September 2019 for $800.00.

Kristen

KristenFar North Queensland, QLD

Ordinary.

Purchased in September 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $900.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft

Belinda H.

Belinda H.Sydney, NSW

No more back problems!

So comfortable, no disturbances if one of you is tossing and turning, back problems gone. Seems remarkably durable, but don't perch on the end of the bed or you'll fall and all the benefits will be gone cos you've done your coccyx.

Amazing :)

Our new Koala mattress is very supportive, I was having a lot of back issues with the old spring mattress. But since buying a Koala mattress, I wake up in the morning with no back issues and my husband has not complained about his shoulder issue either. The Koala mattress moulds around your body when you lie in it and it supports where most needed and does not sag in any area. We are sleeping better at night and wake up feeling refreshed.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,000.00.

The BEST mattress ever

VERY comfortable, I am a firm mattress person and this is just perfect. Had a soar back as a result from moving in to our new place, but problem solved the next morning when I get my sleep with my koala bed. Quality of sleep have significantly improved, woke up fresh every morning without back/neck pain.

We can't fault it....

We have slept on our koala mattress for a couple of weeks now. Its a firm mattress which is what we both like as we both have back problems. We did buy a topper which took the comfort up a notch. We always use a topper not just on a Koala. If you are changing your mattress what have you got to loose? money back after 120 nights if it doesn't work for you.
What more could you ask.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Earl Hofert

Earl HofertAdelaide

OK so far

Purchased in December 2017.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Ean

EanHobart, TAS

Extremely disappointed

Purchased the KOALA couches 12 months ago and we cannot fault them, however, the mattress on the other hand is terrible.
I’d based my purchase on the reviews through Choice and on here.
We’ve had it now for over two weeks and I can say it is the hardest, most unforgiving mattress I’ve ever slept on, I can’t sleep on it, the hardwood floor would be more forgiving! I toss and turn and wake up tired and sore with minimal sleep. I can go no further with it, I’ve given up. If you like sleeping on a big brick, give it a go.
I will say that the service from Koala is brilliant, if I were scoring on service, I’d happily give 5 stars, if the mattress had a choice of no stars, I’d give it zero.

Heat Retention Yes
Perceived FirmnessVery Hard

Hi there,

This sounds like a warranty issue
if you send us an email support@koala.com along with your order number we can get the warranty process underway - it's easy and straightforward. We would love to have you sleeping well again!

maggie

maggieSydney, NSW

perfect for us that's why we have 2 one for everyday one for holiday house

much better for my back and neck problems positive effect
sleeping much better now both my husband and myself hubby sleeps like a baby now
so far so good both mattresses are great, firmness is just right

Purchased in January 2018 for $899.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Koala S.Koala

Amazing company with such incredible service and so happy with the mattress and topper!

I’ve now been sleeping on the mattress for about a month and I couldn’t be happier with it. Initially tried the mattress on its own but it was a bit firm but with the koala soft mattress topper it is absolutely perfect. So thankful for the company for all their help and the service. Definitely recommend!

Louise V.

Louise V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

100% Bliss in a box!!

My Koala has delivered everything that it promised it would. It’s supportive, firm but not hard, just super comfortable and I haven’t found myself tossing and turning in my sleep like I used to. I like that it’s lighter than my previous spring mattress too. I’ve bought a few mattresses over the years but none have made me as happy as my Koala. Definitely worth the price considering how long it’ll last.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala.com for $890.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Sweet Dreams; Thank you Koala .

Anneg

AnnegVictoria

Nice and Comfy

I have only had my mattress a couple of weeks. I have found it to be firm but also comfortable. It takes a few days to get used to. I am getting a better night's sleep and mostly wake up feeling okay. Sometimes I'm a bit sore but I put that down to what I have been doing during the day and age. So far the mattress appears to be durable. I will be interested to see how it is in a couple of months. At this stage I am very happy with it.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,090.00.

Ken

Ken

Great mattress

I had a tempur for a long time and found it too hard on my back,we decided to get a new mattress,we decided on a Koala mattress it was a great choice.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Culprit

CulpritGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I needed a change

I have been not really been sleeping on a cheap mattress so after recommendations from my daughter I purchased my Koala. Quick delivery. I am 6ft and 125kgs and it took me a few days to adjust to the firmness of the Koala. The bed heats up from my body mass and in saying that the heat disperses quickly. I am sleeping better and being the big bloke I am so is the person next to me as they don't move when I do. Worth the money and the guarantee is great as you won't use it. Beware it comes in box as its wrapped in plastic and unfolds to a mattress. Enjoy

Purchased in September 2019 for $950.00.

Debbie S.

Debbie S.South West, WA

Loving my ache-free back!!

Thank you Koala for the very prompt delivery (to Regional WA) of our new mattress. I now wake up ache-free, it’s warm, comphy and brilliant in getting rid of most of the partner disturbance. Zzzzzzzzzz

Purchased in August 2019 for $900.00.

tarzCanberra 2600, ACT

too hard for me!

I’m pretty disappointed, I purchased a koala after reading all the amazing reviews about how comfy, some even saying cloud like.

I decided to get a new mattress as I been having back pain and thought a new mattress might help.
I know there’s a adjustment period, but I just find it way too hard for me.
I have woken up sore in so many new areas of my body and I just can’t go to sleep.
I even had to put pillows under me just to get some relief from the pressure of the mattress. I’m have always had a medium feel mattress, but feel this is on the too firm side for me.
I’m trying to give it a bit more of a go but after 4 nights of hardly any sleep, not sure if I can.

Purchased in September 2019 for $900.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
tarz

Hey Koala, thanks for the reply. I will send your a email, I will give the topper a go and see if it helps.

Derek

Derekasked

I'd be interested to here from people who have had the mattress for a few years not just a few weeks. Foam tends to wear quickly and being all foam I have a feeling there would be massive changes in feel between when you first get the mattress to a few years down the track.

Hey Derek,

Hope you are having a great day :)

The Koala Mattress is covered by a 10 Year Full Replacement Limited Warranty. Our mattresses are built to last, and we proudly stand by this unbeatable warranty as proof of our confidence in the product.
You can read a little bit more about the warranty here: https://assets.koala.com/img/emails/Koala_Warranty/10YearLimitedMattressWarranty.pdf

Thanks!
The Koala Team

Ryan G.

Ryan G.asked

How good is this mattress for someone who sleeps on their side will it be too firm? Wanting to know before I buy. Thanks.

H. B.
H. B.

I dislike firm beds and have bursitis in one hip on and off. I’m also a side sleeper (though sometimes I find myself on my back) I’m not having any discomfort at all from this bed. Mattress comes with a lengthy trial period it and if not happy they will refund you. Also will provide a topper if you want that extra layer of comfort.

Beauy Bob
Beauy Bob

I think it’s really comfy and I sleep in my side. It’s a 120 day trial so you could just try it.

Dallas
Dallas

It's costing me 2500 for a chiropractor to fix my back still not fixed bit of perment damage I changed brands to ecosa mattress and haven't had an issue since but I will be seeking legal advice

Brooke B.

Brooke B.asked

What time of mattress protector is bedtvto use.

Hi Brooke!
It's entirely up to you.
Ideally try and find something that uses natural fibres so that the mattress can still breathe!
Our mattress also comes with a zip-off washable mattress cover but this isn't 100% waterproof.
Hope this helps!

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

CategoryMattresses