Koala Mattress Queen

Koala Mattress Queen (page 2 of 79)

4.7 from 1,568 reviews

Damage cover.

Come with a damage mattress cover, however the problem resolve in a reasonable time.
The mattress it self is good to sleep on, i would prefer a higher base though.

Amazing service

Brilliant company....bought for my daughter ..she says it's hard but has the best nights sleep lol...she has until Jan to decide ..if not its mine or I'll be buying one for me !!!!

Thanks Pauline!

Caution!

This mattress was fantastic for the first 12months......But today it has a rise down the middle with a slope either side. The mattress has also lost its original firmness, and now sinks easily under body weight.

But the biggest disappointment is that both my wife and I now wake up with back pan; which disappears when we get out of bed!! We have never experienced this with any other mattress. Consequently, I do not recommend buying this mattress.

PS: I notice most of the favorable reviews are made shortly after purchase. A review of a recent purchase is not a good measure of mattress quality. It's the long-term users that you want to pay attention to; especially the verified purchasers.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Peter, I just sent you a private message please let me know if you need any other help. It sounds like you are experiencing a warranty issue - which we would love to resolve for you! feel free to email me g.smith@koala.com and I can help get you and your wife sleeping soundly again.Koala today delivered a new replacement mattress without charge, which is good of them. I sincerely hope I am not back in 12-24mths writing about a sagging mattress.

Sleeping on Cloud 9

I have always wanted a koala mattress for years so I finally bit the bullet and purchased the bundle. From the ordering process online to the tracking of my delivery, it was just an amazingly seamless process. One of the main things that is commendable is that koala has really done the groundwork as far as listening to what customers want which I applaud them for, not to mention the good causes the brand supports. The mattress did give me an ache the first night although I think it was just my body adjusting but after that I slept like a baby and haven’t looked back since ! I feel like I have more support now and the timber base is so simple to put together which is an added bonus. I’ve been bragging about it to my workmates and even convinced my partner to buy a koala couch which he thanks me for every day ! Koala I support everything you do. Keep up the good work and continue to inspire us all :)

Thank you so much Prin!

Amazing mattress!

My old mattress was giving me a lot of upper back and neck pain. The koala mattress however has provided so much support and I no longer wake up with a sore back.

Hi Tahlia! Thanks for your review

Best mattress ever !

Most comfortable mattress ever, perfect support for my long term back injuries, no mor easing myself out of bed each morning . Would highly recommend this mattress to anyone. Very simple to purchase, and delivered right on time.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Glad to hear you're finding it comfortable!

Koala Queen Mattress

I had problems sleeping for many years. I purchased the Koala Queen Mattress 2.5 years ago and it has been great. I sleep so well. No back or shoulder pain any more. My model has three different layers of foam. I think there are two layers now. I recently purchases a single mattress as well. That is a testament to how good they are. In comparing the two, the new one is firm, and the older one is softer. It may have softened over the 2.5 years.
The only thing you have to get used to is the soft edges, which is different to a spring mattress. One thing I must mention, if you like to sit in bed and read or watch TV, this mattress may not suit. It is great for sleeping but not for sitting up on for a prolonged period.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Thanks Andy! Great to hear you're sleeping well!

The perfect mattress

Love the mattress since I’ve had it every night is better than the night before so comfortable no matter What side I sleep on it’s just so comfortable and the service of the company was excellent very polite talk to

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Nice one! Thanks for leaving us a review, Amaleen.

Smell and turned yellow

Hi, we bought our koala 1month ago and it arrived with a horrible chemical smell which disappeared after 2 weeks but now the mattress is turning yellow on the top even we put on a mattress protection on for the first 4weeks.
It is very comfy but the color concerns me. Cheers

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hey there! If you send us an email to support@koala.com we can assist you!

Terrible Chemical Smell Made me Sick

Not recognised as a fault, but mattress did come with a very strong chemical smell. I tried the bicarbonate of soda treatment as recommended but it did not make a lot of difference. Smell lasted over a month. As I was reacting with headaches and nausea I had to vacate my bedroom for over a month. I did not read the small print on purchase and did not see that outside of metro area I had to pay return costs. I waited for smell to go then tried to get used to the mattress but it was too firm. Unwilling to put up with this for the next 10 years I paid for its return and am out of pocket $230.00 return freight. Very unpleasant experience all round.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Ready to order again

Ordered our first queen size a month ago.
Easy to order, fast delivery, no hassle to unwrap, not heavy at all to put into place.
Improved my daughter’s back.
Cool on hot nights, warm on the cooler ones.
No weird smell.
Very impressed, ready to order the next one.

Thanks, Annabelle!

Wonderful product.

Mattress is firm and comfortable. I have not had a sore back since sleeping on this mattress. I have a somewhat fidgety partner that moves around a lot and used to wake me up due to the mattress moving, since sleeping on the Koala mattress I barely notice her movements. I am sleeping well and fall to sleep a lot easier. The mattress feels like it is durable and of high quality. Love it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Love it. Great service and great product.

Great mattress. Purchase and delivered in under 6 hours. Great to sleep on and no regrets. Really would recommend to others, it’s not a small expense but one worth getting right.

Thanks, Sarah!

Should have bought this mattress years ago!!!

Since the day it was delivered (2hrs from the time I paid can u believe!) we have been in love with our koala mattress! It is a tiny bit shorter on length than our original mattress but we have bed heads so was fine.
My partner was struggling to get a good sleep due to shoulder stiffness but the mattress has definitely reduced his discomfort. He also turns around in his sleep but now I can't feel him doing it. We both look forward to jumping into bed and still say every night, "god I love this mattress."
It did take a few weeks to get used to the sides being softer, ie. the old one had a metal frame so u could sit on it and put yr socks on but the koala sinks. Not a big deal considering everything else about the mattress is spot on!!! Congratulations koala team on some great design work

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you very much! SO glad you love it

BE WARNED

Ordered for 4 hour delivery on the Friday afternoon. Didn't arrive. Spoke to customer service who basically said "Sorry, Monday is the earliest we can do now".

Slept on an air bed all weekend. Monday arrives, I'm told delivery will be between 10am and 2pm. It's now 2:40pm and the tracking map shows the truck has now gone past my suburb.

Sent a message to customer support - no response.

Disgraceful when you've just spend $3,000 on a bed and a couch with no communication and 2 total failures at delivery.

Horrendous experience. Do not recommend dealing with this company.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi EH, We're really sorry to hear about your experience. I sent a message through to you yesterday on product review but didn't receive a reply. May you please email me your original order number? I'd really like to look into this to make sure it's been resolved and also see where we went wrong. e.simmance@koala.com Thank you Eve @ Koala

Glad I invested, I love my Koala!

I love my Koala mattress! I was treated to an immediate improvement in sleep, as well as my back pain being pretty much eliminated in the first week. I never expected my back to be 100% after years of manual labor & lots of heavy lifting, but most days I feel pretty close. I've found my mattress to be firm & supportive, warm in winter & breathable in summer (if no mattress protector is used). The mattress has a slight impression from me sleeping in the one spot every night, but it still offers a great, supportive, & comfortable nights sleep. I will definitely be investing in another Koala mattress when this ones time is up.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hey Jac! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review here! We're really pleased to hear the mattress is working well for you.

Perfect

So far so good, Have not noticed any improvement in my back & neck pain but I definitely sleep better. Mattress is firm . Appears to be durable , but it’s early days. I’m very happy so far.

Thanks, Jen!

Koala Cuteness

My back was was aching with my old mattress and then I came across the Koala website (with a lot of good reviews) so thought I'll give it a go. Though was a bit worried at first as they say it might hurt the first few days because of the firmness of the mattress, but lucky me I felt like my back was totally relieved the minute I lie on it and my back ache was gone after a couple of days. Few days ago I got a back injury due to sports and again I felt that my back was well supported when I sleep at night. On top of that, I've also adopted a koala whilst getting this mattress! :)

Thanks Kiro!Thank you Kiro

Throwing it out

Sleeps hot. Has started dipping where I sleep. I wish I could return it but the 100 day trial has finished. Will throw it out next collection day and get a new one.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Matthew, We sent you a private message earlier this week through product review, hope you received it? Please don't throw it out, we'd really like to look into the dipping issue and find a solution. Your mattress is still covered under a 10-year warranty. Feel free to give us a call to discuss the next step. 1800 K SLEEP. Thank you

Not for everyone

I bought the Koala mattress in June 2018 because two of my friends had bought it and were happy, there were lots of glowing internet reviews, Choice had recommended it, and the price was good. I was confident I had done my homework and was expecting to love this mattress.

I must apologise to all the people who love this mattress (and please don't be offended), but after 5 months of persevering and really wanting to love it too, I have to admit this has been a massive fail for me. My sleep is disturbed and uncomfortable, and I wake with back pains -- especially around the shoulders -- which I never had with my old Sealy. Thankfully I kept the old Sealy in the spare room, and I've been able to do "A-B" comparisons between the two mattresses to find out why:

1) The Koala is a very "hot" mattress, and I have a very high metabolism. Even in Winter I found the mattress too hot, let alone now with the warming weather. The heat radiating back from the mattress builds relentlessly until it wakes you in a sweat and you can't fall asleep again, and this goes on all night. Even after removing all blankets and just sleeping with a cotton sheet, my back was burning from the mattress and yet my chest was cold. And yes, the mattress is on a slat bed with plenty of air circulation. If your friends or partner describe you as "radiating heat" you probably have a high metabolism. I did some research and discovered foam and latex mattresses are the hottest of all.

2) Side-Sleeping caused shoulder / back pain. I didn't have shoulder / back pain until I slept on this mattress. At first I didn't want to believe it was due to the mattress. But one morning I woke up in pain and observed I was sleeping on my side, and the mattress, being too firm for me, was pushing my shoulder up into my spine. I am fairly light (about 60kg) so this mattress is probably too firm for me. I tried all sorts of pillows but they didn't help.

I noticed that when I went back to my old Sealy mattress (a softer "plush" mattress), the shoulder and back aches went away within 2 days, and I was sleeping much better. Unfortunately, I can't stay in the spare room (for other reasons) so I have to put up with the Koala until Xmas when I can buy a new mattress during the sales.

In summary, the Koala mattress hasn't worked out for me, and I suspect it's because I have a "hot" high metabolism body, I'm fairly light (60kg) and I like to sleep on my side, so I'm finding the mattress to be too hot and too firm.

Date PurchasedJun 2018