Koala Mattress Queen

Koala Mattress Queen (page 2 of 81)

4.6 from 1,615 reviews

Easiest bed ever assembled

Bought the koala queen mattress and base this month. All I’ve had is good night sleeps. The only negative is the mattress does tend to slip off the koala base.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,650.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
It truly is that easy! If you are finding that your mattress is slipping, please do not hesitate to send an email to support@koala.com with your order number and we can get some non-slip grip pads out to you free of charge. Sweet Dreams

Pretty amazing mattress

Service was outstanding from the start, with the option to choose a delivery window that best suited our needs and the ability to track the truck online. Once we received the mattress I was a bit sceptical that a mattress-in-a-box would actually be any good, but I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the technology behind it. Once we popped the vacuum seal, the mattress sprang to life and was ready to go in no time at all.

In the end it is a very comfortable mattress, with quality fabrics and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I'd like to have a slightly firmer option for my taste. Nonetheless, I'm pretty happy with the purchase after one month of daily usage.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this honest review, we really do appreciate it.

Brilliant ... happy husband!!

We purchased the Koala mattress a couple of weeks ago and the difference it has made to our sleep is phenomenal. My husband gets very hot and our old mattress was contributing to our lack of sleep due to lots of twisting and turning. Not any more! Husband is sleeping well, I am sleeping well and we are a lot cooler - which is brilliant in the high temperatures we are experiencing at the moment. Most comfortable sleep in years.
PS: For other hot sleepers .. I went back to Koala and got the sheet set, it's fantastic!

Thanks for your review!

Great for a time but don't know if it will stand the test of time

We purchased a Koala mattress late 2017. The mattress was great for a while but unfortunately it started to sag and eventually reached such a stage that it was eligible for a warranty - this took about 8 months. Koala replaced it which we were very pleased about so they certainly stand by their word. However its been another few months and we are already noticing sagging again and now its just a waiting game to see how long its going to be until it develops to such an extent that it is an issue.

Purchased in December 2017 at Koala for $1,050.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Discomfort Yes
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, I am sorry to hear that you have had the unfortunate experience of having two sagging mattresses. This is definitely not the norm, and is such bad luck! If you would like to reach out to us support@koala.com we would love to help you out so you can get sleeping soundly again. Sweet Dreams

What customer service?

The mattress we have been sleeping on for only two months has started to noticeably sag in the locations we sleep. Submitted a warranty claim only to be told that the sag wasn't yet big enough! Great! So now we have to wait until it gets more uncomfortable to sleep on before they will do something about it?! Pick up your game Koala!

Purchased in November 2018 at meyer for $910.00.

Heat Retention Yes
SaggingYes
Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we really do appreciate it. I'm afraid the mattress warranty claim has been denied by our warranty team today because the sag is actually less than 25mm. You are welcome to send another photo if you wish, or a photo without the mattress cover (If this helps to show more of a depth of the sagging) I've included our warranty policy below. Your Koala Mattress is covered by a 10 Year Full Replacement Limited Warranty. Our mattresses are built to last, and we proudly stand by this unbeatable warranty as proof of our confidence in the product. Specifically, this Warranty covers the following defects, assuming they arise or appear in circumstances in which you have been using the Product only for its intended purpose and have not subjected it to other than normal wear and proper handling: - A visible indentation or sag greater than 25mm in the foam material. This refers to an indentation that is visible when no weight is applied to the top of the Product. Please note that “normal wear” assumes and requires that your mattress is continuously supported by a proper foundation sufficient to support the distributed weight of your body and the mattress itself. - Any physical flaw in the foam material that causes it to split or crack. The limited warranty does not include the following: - Physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains; provided, that the defect is caused by such abuse or damage.

Couldn't BEAR old mattress any longer - grabbed a Koala...

This is such a great mattress that offers solid support but is equally comfortable. It's actually a bit cooler on those hot nights too, which was an unexpected bonus. I get to sleep comfortably for a full 8 hours now, whereas on our previous mattress I would either wake uncomfortably after 6 hours, or if I slept longer through sheer tiredness I would wake with lower back pain. The Koala offers amazing support and also allows partners to toss and turn without disturbing each other (except if they steal all the doona)

Purchased in February 2019 for $950.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Thanks for taking the time to review us, Leslie! So great to hear you are sleeping soundly :)

Great mattress

The Koala mattress is very comfortable, both my partner and I are sleeping better and waking up without the aches that our previous mattress gave us - no sag and half the weight of the previous one.

Purchased in February 2019.

Great to hear! Thanks Eos :)

Best way to buy a mattress ever!

Our Koala mattress is super comfortable. The whole experience has been positive. From the purchase on line to delivery and pick up of the packaging and even our old mattress. We also purchased two pillows along with our Queen Koala Mattress. I love how the pillow has a soft side and a firm side and my neck and shoulders are no longer sore when I wake up in the morning. We find the mattress cool to sleep on without a mattress protector. I tried it with a mattress protector but felt a lot warmer so we don't use one at the moment. My husband and I both agree we don't feel any movement from either one of us when sleeping. So far no sagging in the mattress as we only have had it for three weeks. So far so happy!

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,080.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you for this honest review! We really do appreciate it, let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Perfect fit.

I’ve had back and neck issues for a few years now, have struggled to find the right mattress to support my back that is also comfortable. After a few nights on the koala I can say my back has never been better. My neck is a significant improvement (I think I need a new pillow). I can’t recommend this mattress enough, it took a couple of days to adjust to but now I can’t imagine life without it! Fast and efficient delivery, easy to set up, I’m sleeping a lot better and the mattress is great support.

Purchased in February 2019 at Koala for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium
That's great to hear! Thanks Shannon :)

I wake up like a new woman

I sleep like a log. I wake up fresh...I actually thought the mattress wasn't that comfortable but oh my gosh afte spending a night on it, it is....I love it

Thanks Jackie!

Very happy with my purchase!!

Begin pregnant I have found this mattress 100% perfect I am so happy I decided to purchase this item I have not woken up with any back pain.
And after a long days work it is luxury to rest my body on the koala mattress!!!

Perceived FirmnessSoft
Yay! Great to hear it's helping you relax and rest before baby. Thanks for leaving ua a review, Rae.

BEST online purchase experience I've ever had!

The whole process from the online experience, ordering, delivery, customer service and organising a return (was unfortunately not suited to my partner) was absolutely the best I've ever experienced! Even though we unfortunately couldn't keep it, the same-day delivery, delivery communication, exceptional packaging and unboxing was such a great experience! Their customer service is unparalleled with crazy-fast response times and a remarkably efficient returns process!

Although the mattress didn't suit my partner (although I loved it.. the thought of choosing the Koala over him crossed my mind haha) the whole experience has still made me a Koala advocate and fangirl for whatever they release in future!

Purchased in September 2018 for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Estelle!

Best nights sleep in years!!

I have only had this mattress for 2 weeks, but it is the best, most supportive mattress I have slept on.
It felt a little firm on the first night, but I have noticed that it is now the the most comfortable mattress I have slept on in years.
I suffered from a slipped disc, many years ago, but this mattress is supportive in the right areas. Absolute best mattress I have ever slept on. My wife does not get disturbed when I roll over, or vice versa. No "wobble" factor at all!!!
Being able to purchase on line and choose delivery date and time are a bonus also. And it was deliverdd on time by a very helpful delivery guy.
As for longevity, I feel that the quality so far should see many happy years of good nights sleep to come.
Koala have got the "recipe" right. Keep it up guys.
Many thanks,

Gragam Barry

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Thanks very much Graham!

I was reserved about buying a mattress from a box with no way to test it.....No Regrets whatsoever!

I changed my mattress over due to back soreness and it was the best idea iv made. I wake up fresh and no pain in main contact points with mattress

Purchased in January 2019 for $800.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Perceived FirmnessSoft
Awesome! Thanks for your review, Dan.

Dissapointing

Very good marketing hype but the mattress is not that great, it's just foam, nothing special about it. After going into mattress shops I thought Koala was well priced but is a foam mattress really worth this much money?

Purchased in February 2019.

Hi Selena, Sorry to hear you weren't impressed with the mattress. If you're not sleeping well please feel free to get in touch and we can help with the return process.

As good as the promotions!

Firm but not hard. Provides support for two people with back and other joint problems and very different weights! No rolling together, no 'sea-sickness' when the heavier partner turns over. Has maintained its shape and firmness. We are sleeping well thanks to Koala.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it!

Amazing!

Am absolutely stoked with this purchase. Efficient and prompt delivery was made to my home in the hills at no charge, and I received $150 off for purchasing it as part of the Valentine's Day special. As a student, I really appreciate the reasonable price of this quality product.
Also, I can already feel it doing wonders for my back; my old mattress simply does not compare!
Was very happy to have received a very adorable plush koala toy with my mattress. Couldn't recommend this company or product more!

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Awesome experience. Best mattress we've had !!

Ordering and Delivery of the mattress was easy and efficient. We live in Melbourne metro, so it was delivered in the 4 hour window promised. The mattress itself has been really good for sleep and support. We like firm mattress types, and this suits us well. I like how I don't disturb my wife (and vice versa) when we move or get up/down. The pillows we got is well like by wife but not by me - I prefer a firm pillow, so reverted to my latex pillow. Overall - thanks.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,000.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Perceived FirmnessHard

Really regret spending the money...

I think it's a shame that this product has so many good reviews which made me blindly purchase it. First impression of the mattress in the 120 days was that it was OK. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. I could honestly not feel the difference between this and my old spring mattress. It's now been a year and it's sagging and giving me a sore back. It's way too soft. Softer than it was when I bought it. It's a shame that this mattress is a 'one size fits all' but can't hold its shape after a year. I see this mattress as good for a 'throwaway' or if you like really soft mattresses. Have also heard anecdotally from other friends and family who have the mattress and have had issues with customer service/communication, refunds, pickup and also just the mattress sagging.

Purchased in February 2018 at Koala for $950.00.

Heat Retention Yes
Perceived FirmnessVery Soft
Hi Lachlie, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing sagging with your mattress - this is not the norm and we would love to fix this ASAP for you. All our mattresses come with a 10-year anti-sag warranty. If you would like to send an email to support@koala.com with your order number then we can get a warranty claim underway and have you sleeping soundly in no time. Sweet Dreams

Best sleep I’ve ever had

Been 2 weeks since purchasing the koala and I think it’s finally settled for the money it’s an amazing mattress I can’t fault it. Not to firm not too plush

Purchased in February 2019 at Weight Losers for $950.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks