4.5 from 3,398 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.5

Lozza

LozzaPerth, WA

Best Mattress for a Good Sleep!

Our Koala mattress is great for my husband's back. He has substantial back and neck issues and this mattress helps give him the relief he needs to help get a great sleep. For me, I have noticed my sleep is a deeper sleep and the mattress is very comfortable for a person who has no back issues also. There hasn't been any sagging in the mattress, plus when one of us turns over in bed, the other does not feel the movement.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$975.00.

Cherrie

CherriePerth, WA

The most awesome mattress I have ever slept on

The Koala Mattress is the most comfortable and dreamy mattress I have ever slept on. For over 10 years I have suffered with chronic sciatica in my back, and was constantly Waking during the night and morning in agony from my old mattress. From the first night sleeping on my new koala mattress my back pain is gone, and I feel completely refreshed in the morning. I love the mattress so much that I have bought one for my 15 yr old son, and plan on buying one for my other 3 children as well. I highly recommend the koala mattresses to everyone, you definitely won’t regret buying one.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$998.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Julie R.

Julie R.South East Queensland, QLD

2 nights in already sleeping better

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,150.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

gary

gary South-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic

We love our mattress fantastic sleep all night no problems don't want to get up it's amazing. We have told lots of people to lay on it and you be amazed cheers Koala love it.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$900.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Front

Great value and comfort

I have scoliosis and was looking for a supportive mattress with just the right firmness. Our koala mattress has proved to be both these things. I don't wake up due to pressure soreness.
After three years it has maintained its shape.
I also thought it was great value for quality.

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sleep through the night

Heard about Koala mattresses from a couple of friends but was still a bit dubious about it, still decided to get it as they have up to 120 nights return. 1st couple of weeks didn't notice any difference, but now have had it for about a month and am now sleeping through the night (been years since this happened, would usually wake 2 or 3 times because I was uncomfortable) and falling asleep in a reasonable amount of time regularly (previously has taken hours to get to sleep tossing and turning). They delivered in the time frame they said they would, and the hole process was hassle free.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Andrea Hadden

Andrea HaddenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing! Would never buy another brand!

This is our third mattress purchase as we have replaced all mattresses in our home. 1 King & 2 singles. Quick delivery & unboxing. Once you go koala you never go back!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Happy customer

Happy customerMid North Coast, NSW

Mattress on demand.

My old mattress was starting to aggravate my back and hips and choices for a replacement in regional NSW are limited. I settled on Koala as an Australian made option that fitted the bill. Ordering on line was easy and the web site very informative. The mattress arrived in two working days which was amazing as I am 500km from Sydney. The mattress is very well made and fitted my bed exactly. I gave the mattress two days to air between unwrapping and putting on my bed to allow that new smell to die down. The mattress is very comfortable and heavy enough to make me feel it will wear very well in the coming years. My back and hips are much better, I will never be 20 again but at least I can enjoy a good nights sleep.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$900.00.

Sharon

Sharon

MOST COMFY BED EVER!

This mattress manages to be both supportive but moulds to all the right places leaving you with a great night sleep! The ease of delivery and speed even to a country area was amazing! Love the bed and the company thank you!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$890.00.

AKD

AKDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Purchased for my child - I now have bed envy

We purchased this king single for our child, now we both have mattress envy. The level of support is wonderful, for both back and side sleepers. When i lie on my back (I don't use a pillow) my head is in a great position, supported and not raised. Lying on my side, my spine feels straight, which is perfect! You don't feel the other person moving! It's amazing!

So we will be purchasing a king size in the near future, to stop us being so envious!

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$750.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Tash D

Tash DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for the first 9 months...

At around the 9 month mark I noticed I wasn't sleeping as well as I used to and was waking up sore. Once I took the mattress cover off there was a very visible dent in the mattress! The warranty claim process was relatively easy though. I wouldn't recommend this mattress for longevity!

Purchased in April 2019 for A$900.00.

Sagging Yes
Tony D.

Tony D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So Far So Good

We were a bit skeptical about this mattress as we like firmish type mattresses. With the 120 day free trial we thought what have we got to lose. After a week of sleeping on it we could not be happier. Had fantastic sleeps straight off the bat. Mind you our previous mattress was one of those quality/expensive chiro type ones so the bar was set high. Added bonus for me is that you can't feel your partner if they are moving around on their side. Which she does a lot. Will be keeping an eye on the potential sagging which seems to be mentioned in some of the other reviews.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$950.00.

Carolyn H.

Carolyn H.South East Queensland, QLD

I can't wait to get into bed each night!

I absolutely love my Koala mattress! It's so supportive yet also soft to lie on.
It's by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on and I highly recommend it.
My mattress is nearly two years old and it feels exactly the same as the day I bought it.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,050.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Rach

RachSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not completely sold on koala mattress

Not completely sold. mattress is shorter then our old king spring mattress, we now have a 7cm gap up the top or bottom you can see the slats. I've woken most mornings with low back pain since owning the koala mattress which is just over 4weeks, all i seem do is toss and turn all night. I've given it a go but I'm thinking its not for me.

On a positive note ordering and delivery were amazimg so simple and fast, i love that it's australian made and you get a cute cuddle koala with your order

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Chrissy

ChrissyQueensland

The most comfortable bed and pillow

I had been getting neck and back pain so a friend told me about Koala products. Since sleeping on my koala mattress I’ve definitely noticed less pain in the morning and the pillow is fantastic!!!!! Hardly any neck pain.

Graeme

GraemeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not a bad choice for a mattress

the mattress arrived on time as promised. it did prove to be to firm for my Wife and I. after a week we informed Koala, who immediately offered help and send out a soft mattress topper. it arrived in a few days and fixed the issue for us.

The mattress seems well made and we now find it very comfortable and do get a good night's sleep.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$1,050.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Josh

JoshMid North Coast, NSW

Rubbish, but got a full refund!

Purchased back in 2018 so had it a bit over 2 years.
Was reasonably comfortable for a few months. Of course, just after the 120 night trial, we noticed body impressions forming. Note I'm 75kg and partner is approx 65kg so not heavy.
Ended up putting up with it for another yer and a half approx, but recently applied for a refund and received a full refund with only 20mm of sag.
Very happy with the easy refund (thus 2 stars) but doesn't say much for the quality of the product... very cheap foam. I've since done thorough research which indicates any mattress with polyurethane foam will sag within a few years.
Moral of the story.... Do your research, look at the low star comments as they're usually longer term reviews.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$1,050.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Sagging Yes
Koala
KoalaKoala
Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great value for money

Very comfortable mattress. It’s the perfect combo between hard and soft. My full body feels supported. Also love that the movement is limited so you can sleep through your partner rolling over

Best mattress

Koala is the most comfortable mattress I’ve ever owned! Supportive in all the right places, firm yet feels like I’m floating on a cloud. Highly recommend buying one for yourself :)

Purchased in April 2020.

EllieM

EllieMHunter Region, NSW

Heck (and I cannot stress this enough) yes!

Buying our Koala mattress was one of the best decisions that we've ever made in our married life. We haven't had kids yet, but I can only assume that the previous sentence will still stand even when we do.

We've had our Koala mattress for 3 years now and it's just as amazing as the day that we got it. It's that astonishing mix of soft and firm. I have to warn you, it's dangerously comfy — to the point where my bladder is the only thing that can inspire me to get out of bed.

It's held up perfectly. My misconceptions about foam mattresses losing shape have been totally obliterated.

Buy this mattress.

Purchased in July 2017 for A$1,000.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

Like any mattress, it is important that you rotate the Koala Mattress from head to foot on a regular basis throughout its life to help create more even settling of the comfort layers and dispersal of weight throughout the entire product.

This is especially important within the first few months of use. The Koala Mattress has been designed so you don’t need to flip or turn it over as part of regular maintenance.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Nataliek

Nataliekasked

Koala Mattress

Do these mattresses limit transfer of movement. My Partner has restless leg syndrome and I am looking for a product that will limit how much of the movement I feel On the other side.

All

Allasked

Koala Mattress

We have had the Koala mattress for a month and have just noticed mould growing underneath. We have spot cleaned the cover and the mattress. Do you think the mould will have penetrated into the mattress? i.e. is it beyond repair?

Amy
Amy

Hi! This has just happened to us too! We have the koala base and mattress and noticed an odd smell. Pulled the mattress off and the base is mouldy and the mattress cover mouldy too. Luckily not through to the inner foam but it could be there and just not visible to naked eye. Shocking! Never happened with our previous mattress (springs) and base (slats), so I'm thinking it's a design fault - not enough air flow.

Alisi F
Alisi F

I’ve noticed a similar issue. Have spot cleaned my mattress and also doesn’t seem too entrenched, but having only had this mattress for 5 months, not feeling great about this development!

Tania
Tania

I have had the same problem too, Ive tried wiping it down letting it air dry, but it seems to return again.

Jyoti Bala

Jyoti Balaasked

Koala Mattress

Can I use electric blanket on it ?

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives