4.5 from 3,400 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.8

• Sleeping Position
  • Adjustment Period
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (50%) · No (50%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Sagging Yes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Perceived Firmness

Really disappointed

Koala mattress gets customers to write reviews shortly after purchasing and before their mattresses fails or they start feeling neck and back pain. We have had ours for 5 months and my partner and I wake with sore lower backs everyday! Don’t fall for their slick marketing campaign and the quick delivery. Check how many reviews come from people who have owned it more than 6 months, really disappointed. They are sending us a hard topper for free as they refuse to refund as its 20 days past trial period which we did understand we were intitled to as we werent in Melbourne metro area!

Purchased in February 2020.

Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Perceived Firmness Soft
KoalaKoala
Taylor

TaylorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer Beware

Had this mattress for just over 2 years now. My partner and I still feel each other move about each night. Not as advertised. Left a review on their website (which wasn’t published unsurprisingly). Warranty claims are a nightmare. Impossible to deal with (they want photos of a manufacturing default that is only noticeable when moving about on the mattress). I’m sticking with the Sealy’s

Purchased in April 2018 for A$900.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes
Perceived Firmness Soft
KoalaKoala
organicchook

organicchookSydnay

Not sure

The mattress is comfortable, but it took 3 months for the chemical smell to go away. Now my husband and I are experiencing health problems. I'm concerned that the isocyanates in the polyurethane foams have or are causing breathing and immune system problems

Purchased in January 2019.

Koala S.Koala
Mattresses

Find out how Koala Mattress compares to other Mattresses

Awful in every way

Purchased in October 2017.

Heat Retention Yes
Sagging Yes
Perceived Firmness Very Hard
Koala S.Koala

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

Like any mattress, it is important that you rotate the Koala Mattress from head to foot on a regular basis throughout its life to help create more even settling of the comfort layers and dispersal of weight throughout the entire product.

This is especially important within the first few months of use. The Koala Mattress has been designed so you don’t need to flip or turn it over as part of regular maintenance.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Nataliek

Nataliekasked

Koala Mattress

Do these mattresses limit transfer of movement. My Partner has restless leg syndrome and I am looking for a product that will limit how much of the movement I feel On the other side.

All

Allasked

Koala Mattress

We have had the Koala mattress for a month and have just noticed mould growing underneath. We have spot cleaned the cover and the mattress. Do you think the mould will have penetrated into the mattress? i.e. is it beyond repair?

Amy
Amy

Hi! This has just happened to us too! We have the koala base and mattress and noticed an odd smell. Pulled the mattress off and the base is mouldy and the mattress cover mouldy too. Luckily not through to the inner foam but it could be there and just not visible to naked eye. Shocking! Never happened with our previous mattress (springs) and base (slats), so I'm thinking it's a design fault - not enough air flow.

Alisi F
Alisi F

I’ve noticed a similar issue. Have spot cleaned my mattress and also doesn’t seem too entrenched, but having only had this mattress for 5 months, not feeling great about this development!

Tania
Tania

I have had the same problem too, Ive tried wiping it down letting it air dry, but it seems to return again.

Jyoti Bala

Jyoti Balaasked

Koala Mattress

Can I use electric blanket on it ?

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives