4.5 from 3,400 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Sagging and body shaped indents within one year

Purchased in January 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for A$975.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Sagging Yes
Julie R.

Julie R.South East Queensland, QLD

2 nights in already sleeping better

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,150.00.

gary

gary South-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic

We love our mattress fantastic sleep all night no problems don't want to get up it's amazing. We have told lots of people to lay on it and you be amazed cheers Koala love it.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$900.00.

Samantha W.

Samantha W.South East Queensland, QLD

Best sleep ever

My Shoulder pain has gone. I sleep better. I also purchased the base and love the support. Raved about it to my friends and five of my friends have purchased one and also my dog loves it too.

Purchased in March 2020.

Perceived Firmness Hard

My understanding of a good nights sleep has changed.

My wife and I have found the last two weeks on the Koala to be very comfortable and supportive and that there has been no notable change in in the mattress in this time.
It is early days, but we’ve both noticed improved quality of sleep and I’ve personally noticed a markable increase in dreams. That can only be good right?
I also notice I spend a lot more time sleeping on my back now.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$975.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft
AKD

AKDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Purchased for my child - I now have bed envy

We purchased this king single for our child, now we both have mattress envy. The level of support is wonderful, for both back and side sleepers. When i lie on my back (I don't use a pillow) my head is in a great position, supported and not raised. Lying on my side, my spine feels straight, which is perfect! You don't feel the other person moving! It's amazing!

So we will be purchasing a king size in the near future, to stop us being so envious!

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$750.00.

Karthik B

Karthik BSydney, NSW

Perfect mattress!

Me & my partner had back issues and we tried a few different bed bases and mattress. But once we bought Koala mattress, we never looked back. Its been more than 2yrs and we never had any issues. It has balanced firmness and still feels soft when tossing around!

Henry and Pearl

Henry and PearlSouth East Queensland, QLD

My wife and I sleep very well now.

Our mattress is very comfortable and supportive. I have back problems and our mattress has helped me wake up feeling better and relieved. My wife and I sleep in now, she use to wake up early and I'd wake up with no relief from back pain, now we love going to bed and resting comfortably.
Our mattress is maintaining it's shape so far.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$1,000.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft

Josh

JoshMid North Coast, NSW

Rubbish, but got a full refund!

Purchased back in 2018 so had it a bit over 2 years.
Was reasonably comfortable for a few months. Of course, just after the 120 night trial, we noticed body impressions forming. Note I'm 75kg and partner is approx 65kg so not heavy.
Ended up putting up with it for another yer and a half approx, but recently applied for a refund and received a full refund with only 20mm of sag.
Very happy with the easy refund (thus 2 stars) but doesn't say much for the quality of the product... very cheap foam. I've since done thorough research which indicates any mattress with polyurethane foam will sag within a few years.
Moral of the story.... Do your research, look at the low star comments as they're usually longer term reviews.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$1,050.00.

Sagging Yes
Koala
KoalaKoala

To early to tell

I have slept on the Koala for 14 nights now and and as yet have not unfortunately slept right through.

It is slightly on the hard side for me, but given the fact we have 120 nights to try out the Koala mattress I truly believe its worth giving a go as you have nothing to lose with the Koala money back guarantee.

The service thus far has been outstanding, very easy to order and delivery was quick and efficient, the Koala mattress arrived in a box and within five minutes I'd put it on my bed on my own, simple!!!

The quality of the mattress seems excellent I'm really hoping in time it'll be the best sleeping mattress for me.

Thank you Koala for the opportunity to try your product.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$900.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Koala
KoalaKoala

Fantastic mattress, made in Australia.

Fantastic mattress, so comfortable and supportive and just the right firmness. Definitely sleeping better. Being manufactured in Australia is a huge plus. The mattress was delivered very promptly. We're very happy with it.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$950.00.

Paul M.

Paul M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the new mattress

Very comfortable mattress. Definitely recommend to others. Seems like this is hard wearing and have not noticed any issues so far. I have not woken up with a sore back at all since using this mattress.

Purchased in May 2020 at Koala for A$900.00.

Elaine

ElainePerth, WA

Fantastic mattress

Our Koala mattress is very comfortable and supportive. I've not woken with neck or back pain since we got it and had a good night's sleep every night. Woild definitely recommend this mattress.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala.

Jack D.

Jack D.Wheatbelt, WA

Contemporary and comfy!

Comfy, warm and has good memory, like new after a few weeks of use. Fits well on the base and is a perfect thickness. Would recommend, also, purchased this because of Steve Smith’s promotion. Best since Bradman.

Purchased for A$1,572.50.

Perceived Firmness Medium

Not as good as I expected

Purchased the mattress about a month ago to replace a 9-10 year old mattress. Mattress is very firm and the lower back issues I had are still present and may be getting worse, sometimes takes 10-25 minutes to get comfortable and get to sleep.

If the mattress was a bit softer I feel like it would be better in terms of fit for me, I will likely give it another few weeks but I have the 100 day trial, at this stage may look at returning it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala for A$890.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Perceived Firmness Very Hard

Matt A.

Matt A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Delivered wrong mattress

Wrong mattress delivered on Friday and I was left the weekend without it. Replacement came on Monday. Delivery was outside of specified window both times so they didn’t pick up the wrong mattress. Tried calling and emailing 4 times to get them to pick up wrong mattress with no response. Finally they responded and picked up.

As for quality, it’s a good mattress but nothing to write home about. Sleep hasn’t changed much from my old spring mattress. I think I expected it to have the comfort of a pillow top mattress, but it’s more like memory foam.

If you’re looking for a quick, convenient mattress (if they don’t stuff up your order), then it’s probably good. Otherwise, go to a mattress store and “sleep around” to find what you like.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$807.00.

Shaz P

Shaz PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pure bliss. It’s like sleeping on a cloud!

Absolute bliss to sleep on, it gives support where you need it. With hip & back problems this bed is dreamy & no more waking up stiff & sore.
The quality & durability is 5 star. I am looking forward to many years of sweet dreams on this mattress. I am in love!

Purchased in June 2020 for A$860.00.

Rhiannon

RhiannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome!

This mattress is everything. Both my husband and I are enjoying our sleep. We feel no movement when either of us move. It’s firm and cosy. The mattress was delivered super quick. The entire process has been so simple.

Purchased in June 2020 at On line for A$1,062.00.

Sia J.

Sia J.Sydney, NSW

Great new mattress love it!

Only had my new mattress for one week now & it’s great for my back no soreness when I wake up love the firmness, hopefully it lasts for a long time.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$892.50.

Never slept better!

The koala king mattress is both very comfortable and supportive. My partner and I both have lower back issues and since buying this mattress both he and I have noticed we wake up with less pain in the mornings. We have both also noticed the decrease in sleep disturbance which has been the greatest positive about purchasing this mattress. It is early days, but this mattress is still in the same shape it was in since the day it arrived. I ordered the mattress at 11am and it was delivered the same day at 7pm and we don’t live in a major city. We were very impressed with this service, especially for the price. Extremely happy with our purchase and we would definitely recommend.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Online Store.

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

Like any mattress, it is important that you rotate the Koala Mattress from head to foot on a regular basis throughout its life to help create more even settling of the comfort layers and dispersal of weight throughout the entire product.

This is especially important within the first few months of use. The Koala Mattress has been designed so you don’t need to flip or turn it over as part of regular maintenance.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Nataliek

Nataliekasked

Koala Mattress

Do these mattresses limit transfer of movement. My Partner has restless leg syndrome and I am looking for a product that will limit how much of the movement I feel On the other side.

All

Allasked

Koala Mattress

We have had the Koala mattress for a month and have just noticed mould growing underneath. We have spot cleaned the cover and the mattress. Do you think the mould will have penetrated into the mattress? i.e. is it beyond repair?

Amy
Amy

Hi! This has just happened to us too! We have the koala base and mattress and noticed an odd smell. Pulled the mattress off and the base is mouldy and the mattress cover mouldy too. Luckily not through to the inner foam but it could be there and just not visible to naked eye. Shocking! Never happened with our previous mattress (springs) and base (slats), so I'm thinking it's a design fault - not enough air flow.

Alisi F
Alisi F

I’ve noticed a similar issue. Have spot cleaned my mattress and also doesn’t seem too entrenched, but having only had this mattress for 5 months, not feeling great about this development!

Tania
Tania

I have had the same problem too, Ive tried wiping it down letting it air dry, but it seems to return again.

Jyoti Bala

Jyoti Balaasked

Koala Mattress

Can I use electric blanket on it ?

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives