4.5 from 3,400 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.1

amby

ambyMid North Coast, NSW

Not comfortable for me

Did not like the Koala queen mattress. It feels bumpy and uncomfortable. Cannot return it as i live in Mid north coast. It is too hard to pack and ship back to Sydney. Will put on Gumtree and see if anyone is interested. Good points are that the shipping was quick and you get a free soft toy (Koala) which is cute.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,050.00.

John

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

good delivery time, but poor customer service experience. Mattress is now unsleepable on.

good delivery time, but poor customer service experience. Over 6 emails and phone calls to organise a mattress topper. Complained about mattress being uncomfortable and lumpy just after the 120 night trial and was told unless it's defective via photos they want nothing to do with it. Mattress is now unsleepable on.

Sagging Yes
Luna

Luna

Underwhelming mattress. Good customer service.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$900.00.

Lozza

LozzaPerth, WA

Best Mattress for a Good Sleep!

Our Koala mattress is great for my husband's back. He has substantial back and neck issues and this mattress helps give him the relief he needs to help get a great sleep. For me, I have noticed my sleep is a deeper sleep and the mattress is very comfortable for a person who has no back issues also. There hasn't been any sagging in the mattress, plus when one of us turns over in bed, the other does not feel the movement.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$975.00.

Cherrie

CherriePerth, WA

The most awesome mattress I have ever slept on

The Koala Mattress is the most comfortable and dreamy mattress I have ever slept on. For over 10 years I have suffered with chronic sciatica in my back, and was constantly Waking during the night and morning in agony from my old mattress. From the first night sleeping on my new koala mattress my back pain is gone, and I feel completely refreshed in the morning. I love the mattress so much that I have bought one for my 15 yr old son, and plan on buying one for my other 3 children as well. I highly recommend the koala mattresses to everyone, you definitely won’t regret buying one.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$998.00.

Great value and comfort

I have scoliosis and was looking for a supportive mattress with just the right firmness. Our koala mattress has proved to be both these things. I don't wake up due to pressure soreness.
After three years it has maintained its shape.
I also thought it was great value for quality.

Sim

SimSydney, NSW

If you have a sore lower back, this is not the mattress for you.

I had a latex mattress for about 7 years, slatted base and cost over $4,000. After the years went on it started to sag and both my husband and I had terrible nights sleep. We then purchased a Koala mattress and it was good for about two months -(I assume compared to our previous mattress). The back aches started again. This may all be because of me, the the mattress was way too hard, you cannot sink into it at all. So if you like to sink a bit this is not the mattress for you. We did not send back, as I kept hoping that I would grow into it, but unfortunately I did not. We wasted the opportunity of 120 nights free trial.
Overall rating is too hard, but that may suit a lot of people.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$1,050.00.

Samantha W.

Samantha W.South East Queensland, QLD

Best sleep ever

My Shoulder pain has gone. I sleep better. I also purchased the base and love the support. Raved about it to my friends and five of my friends have purchased one and also my dog loves it too.

Purchased in March 2020.

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sleep through the night

Heard about Koala mattresses from a couple of friends but was still a bit dubious about it, still decided to get it as they have up to 120 nights return. 1st couple of weeks didn't notice any difference, but now have had it for about a month and am now sleeping through the night (been years since this happened, would usually wake 2 or 3 times because I was uncomfortable) and falling asleep in a reasonable amount of time regularly (previously has taken hours to get to sleep tossing and turning). They delivered in the time frame they said they would, and the hole process was hassle free.

Purchased in June 2020.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Andrea Hadden

Andrea HaddenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing! Would never buy another brand!

This is our third mattress purchase as we have replaced all mattresses in our home. 1 King & 2 singles. Quick delivery & unboxing. Once you go koala you never go back!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Happy customer

Happy customerMid North Coast, NSW

Mattress on demand.

My old mattress was starting to aggravate my back and hips and choices for a replacement in regional NSW are limited. I settled on Koala as an Australian made option that fitted the bill. Ordering on line was easy and the web site very informative. The mattress arrived in two working days which was amazing as I am 500km from Sydney. The mattress is very well made and fitted my bed exactly. I gave the mattress two days to air between unwrapping and putting on my bed to allow that new smell to die down. The mattress is very comfortable and heavy enough to make me feel it will wear very well in the coming years. My back and hips are much better, I will never be 20 again but at least I can enjoy a good nights sleep.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$900.00.

Zane P.

Zane P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my koala bed. Great product.

Heard about koala beds from my chiropractor and it has been a terrific investment. I absolutely love my bed and my back feels the best it has in years. Very few companies pride themselves on ethical products and care for the environment and this sets koala apart from the rest. Keep up the good work.

Purchased in October 2019.

Sharon

Sharon

MOST COMFY BED EVER!

This mattress manages to be both supportive but moulds to all the right places leaving you with a great night sleep! The ease of delivery and speed even to a country area was amazing! Love the bed and the company thank you!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$890.00.

AKD

AKDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Purchased for my child - I now have bed envy

We purchased this king single for our child, now we both have mattress envy. The level of support is wonderful, for both back and side sleepers. When i lie on my back (I don't use a pillow) my head is in a great position, supported and not raised. Lying on my side, my spine feels straight, which is perfect! You don't feel the other person moving! It's amazing!

So we will be purchasing a king size in the near future, to stop us being so envious!

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$750.00.

Tash D

Tash DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for the first 9 months...

At around the 9 month mark I noticed I wasn't sleeping as well as I used to and was waking up sore. Once I took the mattress cover off there was a very visible dent in the mattress! The warranty claim process was relatively easy though. I wouldn't recommend this mattress for longevity!

Purchased in April 2019 for A$900.00.

Sagging Yes

Find out how Koala Mattress compares to other Mattresses

Now I get a good night’s sleep

The mattress was easy to unpack and install. It is nice and firm and very comfortable. Neither of us wakes now with painful shoulders or hips. We are sleeping very well. A good buy!

Purchased in May 2020.

Sagging No

I love my mattress it is so soft and comfy. I finally can say I don't wake up with a sore back anymore.

it is soft and firm at the same time if that makes sense. we have had the mattress and pillows for a few months now and I defiantly wouldn't be going back any time soon I love love love them.

Purchased in May 2020 at Koala Living.

Perceived Firmness Soft
Karthik B

Karthik BSydney, NSW

Perfect mattress!

Me & my partner had back issues and we tried a few different bed bases and mattress. But once we bought Koala mattress, we never looked back. Its been more than 2yrs and we never had any issues. It has balanced firmness and still feels soft when tossing around!

Tony D.

Tony D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So Far So Good

We were a bit skeptical about this mattress as we like firmish type mattresses. With the 120 day free trial we thought what have we got to lose. After a week of sleeping on it we could not be happier. Had fantastic sleeps straight off the bat. Mind you our previous mattress was one of those quality/expensive chiro type ones so the bar was set high. Added bonus for me is that you can't feel your partner if they are moving around on their side. Which she does a lot. Will be keeping an eye on the potential sagging which seems to be mentioned in some of the other reviews.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$950.00.

Henry and Pearl

Henry and PearlSouth East Queensland, QLD

My wife and I sleep very well now.

Our mattress is very comfortable and supportive. I have back problems and our mattress has helped me wake up feeling better and relieved. My wife and I sleep in now, she use to wake up early and I'd wake up with no relief from back pain, now we love going to bed and resting comfortably.
Our mattress is maintaining it's shape so far.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$1,000.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

Like any mattress, it is important that you rotate the Koala Mattress from head to foot on a regular basis throughout its life to help create more even settling of the comfort layers and dispersal of weight throughout the entire product.

This is especially important within the first few months of use. The Koala Mattress has been designed so you don’t need to flip or turn it over as part of regular maintenance.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Nataliek

Nataliekasked

Koala Mattress

Do these mattresses limit transfer of movement. My Partner has restless leg syndrome and I am looking for a product that will limit how much of the movement I feel On the other side.

All

Allasked

Koala Mattress

We have had the Koala mattress for a month and have just noticed mould growing underneath. We have spot cleaned the cover and the mattress. Do you think the mould will have penetrated into the mattress? i.e. is it beyond repair?

Amy
Amy

Hi! This has just happened to us too! We have the koala base and mattress and noticed an odd smell. Pulled the mattress off and the base is mouldy and the mattress cover mouldy too. Luckily not through to the inner foam but it could be there and just not visible to naked eye. Shocking! Never happened with our previous mattress (springs) and base (slats), so I'm thinking it's a design fault - not enough air flow.

Alisi F
Alisi F

I’ve noticed a similar issue. Have spot cleaned my mattress and also doesn’t seem too entrenched, but having only had this mattress for 5 months, not feeling great about this development!

Tania
Tania

I have had the same problem too, Ive tried wiping it down letting it air dry, but it seems to return again.

Jyoti Bala

Jyoti Balaasked

Koala Mattress

Can I use electric blanket on it ?

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives