Koala Mattress

Koala Mattress (page 2 of 170)

Queen, King, Double, etc...
4.5 from 3,400 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.5

3,400 reviews

I love my mattress it is so soft and comfy. I finally can say I don't wake up with a sore back anymore.

it is soft and firm at the same time if that makes sense. we have had the mattress and pillows for a few months now and I defiantly wouldn't be going back any time soon I love love love them.

Purchased in May 2020 at Koala Living.

Karthik B

Karthik BSydney, NSW

Perfect mattress!

Me & my partner had back issues and we tried a few different bed bases and mattress. But once we bought Koala mattress, we never looked back. Its been more than 2yrs and we never had any issues. It has balanced firmness and still feels soft when tossing around!

Marcus

MarcusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

All good so far

The 4 hour delivery turned out to be 2 working days later (ordered on Thursday morning, delivered Monday)
Mattress is doing well and I have no back pain, I am 100kg so I am waiting to see if there is any “sag” in it after a month or so?
But at the moment I am sleeping well.

Utterly Disappointed

Utterly DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

No mattress

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,050.00.

Better Sleep

We are able to turn over easily and don't notice each other when we turn separetly.
We both have siatica which has improved. My husband had kneck pain which has eased.
Have only had mattress a short time, surprised with the difference in our sleep already, especially my husband.
I find it easy to make as it is light to lift when i tuck sheets in. It is firm and comfortable and quite deep.
We highly recommend this bed.

Purchased in July 2020 at Online for A$900.00.

Perceived Firmness Hard
Tony D.

Tony D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So Far So Good

We were a bit skeptical about this mattress as we like firmish type mattresses. With the 120 day free trial we thought what have we got to lose. After a week of sleeping on it we could not be happier. Had fantastic sleeps straight off the bat. Mind you our previous mattress was one of those quality/expensive chiro type ones so the bar was set high. Added bonus for me is that you can't feel your partner if they are moving around on their side. Which she does a lot. Will be keeping an eye on the potential sagging which seems to be mentioned in some of the other reviews.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$950.00.

Henry and Pearl

Henry and PearlSouth East Queensland, QLD

My wife and I sleep very well now.

Our mattress is very comfortable and supportive. I have back problems and our mattress has helped me wake up feeling better and relieved. My wife and I sleep in now, she use to wake up early and I'd wake up with no relief from back pain, now we love going to bed and resting comfortably.
Our mattress is maintaining it's shape so far.

Purchased in July 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$1,000.00.

Carolyn H.

Carolyn H.South East Queensland, QLD

I can't wait to get into bed each night!

I absolutely love my Koala mattress! It's so supportive yet also soft to lie on.
It's by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on and I highly recommend it.
My mattress is nearly two years old and it feels exactly the same as the day I bought it.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,050.00.

Rach

RachSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not completely sold on koala mattress

Not completely sold. mattress is shorter then our old king spring mattress, we now have a 7cm gap up the top or bottom you can see the slats. I've woken most mornings with low back pain since owning the koala mattress which is just over 4weeks, all i seem do is toss and turn all night. I've given it a go but I'm thinking its not for me.

On a positive note ordering and delivery were amazimg so simple and fast, i love that it's australian made and you get a cute cuddle koala with your order

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!

Phuong H.

Phuong H.Sydney, NSW

Great mattress but it didn't hold up well

I've own a queen sized Koala mattress for over 3 years now and it sadly hasn't aged well. It was great at first, very comfortable and worked as advertised but we noticed that after time it got softer, especially closer the edges. This was one of my more expensive mattress purchases so I was disappointed that I couldn't use it for longer. Now I get a sore back and hips most nights. We are looking for a replacement now and since there doesn't seem to be any damage to the mattress as specified on the Koala website, we likely will have to ate the bullet and just get something new and throw this mattress away.

Purchased in July 2017 for A$950.00.

Chrissy

ChrissyQueensland

The most comfortable bed and pillow

I had been getting neck and back pain so a friend told me about Koala products. Since sleeping on my koala mattress I’ve definitely noticed less pain in the morning and the pillow is fantastic!!!!! Hardly any neck pain.

Weigh under 85kg? Koala=terrible mattress for you

Average Aus male = 85kg / average aus female = 71kg. The Koala mattress firmness is designed for the ‘average Australian’. If you weigh under the average, you will experience pain. Mattress Returned after 5 nights sleep.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,000.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived Firmness Hard
Graeme

GraemeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not a bad choice for a mattress

the mattress arrived on time as promised. it did prove to be to firm for my Wife and I. after a week we informed Koala, who immediately offered help and send out a soft mattress topper. it arrived in a few days and fixed the issue for us.

The mattress seems well made and we now find it very comfortable and do get a good night's sleep.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$1,050.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Josh

JoshMid North Coast, NSW

Rubbish, but got a full refund!

Purchased back in 2018 so had it a bit over 2 years.
Was reasonably comfortable for a few months. Of course, just after the 120 night trial, we noticed body impressions forming. Note I'm 75kg and partner is approx 65kg so not heavy.
Ended up putting up with it for another yer and a half approx, but recently applied for a refund and received a full refund with only 20mm of sag.
Very happy with the easy refund (thus 2 stars) but doesn't say much for the quality of the product... very cheap foam. I've since done thorough research which indicates any mattress with polyurethane foam will sag within a few years.
Moral of the story.... Do your research, look at the low star comments as they're usually longer term reviews.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$1,050.00.

Sagging Yes
Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great value for money

Very comfortable mattress. It’s the perfect combo between hard and soft. My full body feels supported. Also love that the movement is limited so you can sleep through your partner rolling over

Best mattress

Koala is the most comfortable mattress I’ve ever owned! Supportive in all the right places, firm yet feels like I’m floating on a cloud. Highly recommend buying one for yourself :)

Purchased in April 2020.

Lyn from Hallam

Lyn from HallamVictoria

best mattress ever

I bought my Koala mattress in January 2018 and I am still loving it.
As soon as I tried it I was impressed and it’s been extremely comfortable from the start.
I feel like I am floating, it is soft and so comfortable, but firm enough to keep its shape. I sleep very comfortably every night. Even my 7year old grandson slept in it and the first thing he said in the morning was how comfortable my bed was.
It is still as firm and comfortable as the day I bought it. I love it!
Customer service is the best too, and delivery within a few hours was great.
Buy it - you will love it

Purchased in January 2018.

EllieM

EllieMHunter Region, NSW

Heck (and I cannot stress this enough) yes!

Buying our Koala mattress was one of the best decisions that we've ever made in our married life. We haven't had kids yet, but I can only assume that the previous sentence will still stand even when we do.

We've had our Koala mattress for 3 years now and it's just as amazing as the day that we got it. It's that astonishing mix of soft and firm. I have to warn you, it's dangerously comfy — to the point where my bladder is the only thing that can inspire me to get out of bed.

It's held up perfectly. My misconceptions about foam mattresses losing shape have been totally obliterated.

Buy this mattress.

Purchased in July 2017 for A$1,000.00.

Really disappointed

Koala mattress gets customers to write reviews shortly after purchasing and before their mattresses fails or they start feeling neck and back pain. We have had ours for 5 months and my partner and I wake with sore lower backs everyday! Don’t fall for their slick marketing campaign and the quick delivery. Check how many reviews come from people who have owned it more than 6 months, really disappointed. They are sending us a hard topper for free as they refuse to refund as its 20 days past trial period which we did understand we were intitled to as we werent in Melbourne metro area!

Purchased in February 2020.

Adjustment PeriodMonths

Super impressed!

Our new Koala mattress is very comfortable and supportive. We don't feel each other rolling over through the night. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable. Have ordered a soft mattress topper just to make the mattress that little more comfortable :)

Purchased in July 2020.

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

Like any mattress, it is important that you rotate the Koala Mattress from head to foot on a regular basis throughout its life to help create more even settling of the comfort layers and dispersal of weight throughout the entire product.

This is especially important within the first few months of use. The Koala Mattress has been designed so you don’t need to flip or turn it over as part of regular maintenance.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Nataliek

Nataliekasked

Koala Mattress

Do these mattresses limit transfer of movement. My Partner has restless leg syndrome and I am looking for a product that will limit how much of the movement I feel On the other side.

All

Allasked

Koala Mattress

We have had the Koala mattress for a month and have just noticed mould growing underneath. We have spot cleaned the cover and the mattress. Do you think the mould will have penetrated into the mattress? i.e. is it beyond repair?

Amy
Amy

Hi! This has just happened to us too! We have the koala base and mattress and noticed an odd smell. Pulled the mattress off and the base is mouldy and the mattress cover mouldy too. Luckily not through to the inner foam but it could be there and just not visible to naked eye. Shocking! Never happened with our previous mattress (springs) and base (slats), so I'm thinking it's a design fault - not enough air flow.

Alisi F
Alisi F

I’ve noticed a similar issue. Have spot cleaned my mattress and also doesn’t seem too entrenched, but having only had this mattress for 5 months, not feeling great about this development!

Tania
Tania

I have had the same problem too, Ive tried wiping it down letting it air dry, but it seems to return again.

Jyoti Bala

Jyoti Balaasked

Koala Mattress

Can I use electric blanket on it ?

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives