Koala Sofa

Koala Sofa (page 2 of 9)

David

DavidPerth, WA

Amazing service! Amazing product!

This company has amazing service. It's fast, it's reliable and they so what they say they do. The product itself is of extremely high quality. What I love the most is that they are thinking outside the square. This product does need any tools to put together and it took us less than ten minutes to assemble.

Purchased in June 2019.

Thanks, David!

Shazzy

Shazzy

Value for money

Impressive sofa, the seat is firm and supportive, and the cushions are comfortable. The fabric is strong, the blue version is vibrant, a brilliant backdrop for my accessories. Highly recommended.

Purchased in May 2019.

Nice one!
Thanks, Shazzy

Jamman

JammanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not what I was expecting

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,650.00.

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear the cushion didn't meet your expectations.
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, we will pass this on to our product development team.

KoalaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not like what I have imagined

When I received the 1st sofa Koala, there were some damage. I had an assumption that what I got was the "used" one (someone must have returned it cause of something). Then I spoke to the CS and they were helpful, polite and I got a quick responses! and I could return the product with no drama! Very happy! Then I got the second one delivered. I thought I could assemble the sofa all by myself from what I have seen from the video. However, it was different than what I expected. To assemble the sofa was not as a quick as it was said or showed.
The sofa itself is very comfortable.

Purchased in May 2019 for $1.25.

Hey there,
Glad to hear you're finding it comfy!
We're sorry to hear about the damage and the assembly difficulty.
Thanks for your review.

CB Bendigo

CB BendigoCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Comfort, style, practicality AND diy assembly

Simple to assemble and easy to move.
Looks great, and is very comfortable.
Excellent value, with free delivery Melbourne to Bendigo in 3 days! Long, wide & comfy enough to sleep blissfully on.

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,300.00.

Excellent!
Thank you for your review.

Middle seat a bit like riding a horse!

Purchased in May 2018 for $1,250.00.

Aranciata-oz

Aranciata-ozSydney

Great if you need to relocate the sofa often, not so great otherwise

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,150.00.

James D

James DSydney, NSW

Looks great but 6 months in sags and uncomfortable

Delivery was fast, and assembly really easy as promised. The sofa looks great, though a few months in became quite uncomfortable and has since sagged significantly so much that I avoid sitting on it for long. Would recommend as a spare sofa but it is not durable enough to be used every day.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,000.00.

Hi James,
I've sent you a message regarding your sofa issue.

Jen

JenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect for me - widowed and needing furniture.

Very comfy and love how it suits me with short legs - haven't had time yet to try a nap on it but suspect it will be very comfy. Would recommend it highly to anyone with apartments/units and only a few people living in such accommodation.

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,500.00.

Thanks, Jen :-)

Vivaroo

VivarooSouth East Queensland, QLD

1 year on it sags

The ordering & assembly process was excellent. Couch looks great however base could be thicker/firmer. Definite sag on the side frequented by my teenage son. The double sided tape holding back of sofa has lifted off and doesn’t stick properly. We also got a cat since purchasing, who destroyed the fabric with one scratch. Reason for buying was the washable fabric, but does not hold up to an occasional cat scratch, and is somewhat pilling where we sit. Love the company but think some elements of the sofa need to be better quality to withstand normal family use. I hope newer versions will improve.

Purchased in April 2018 at Koala for $1,000.00.

Peter Rea

Peter ReaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Sofa!

We are very happy with our sofa. It got delivered very quickly. It was so easy to put together. We love the fact that every part of its coverings can be washed. The price was very reasonable. Love the one seat cushion, it is very comfortable. Also love the fact that endangered species are being supported with the purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Koala for $1,550.00.

Thanks, Peter!

Kate

KateSouthwest, VIC

Great looking and comfy couch

We love our Koala sofa. It came very promptly after ordering and it was delivered to our door. It was easy to assemble too. It is stylish and very comfy. The covers can come off so its practical and easy to clean.

Purchased in April 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the honest review Kate, we really appreciate it!

Excellent product for a lean lifestyle!

Excellent sofa, no-frills comfortable, good value for money, if you want a lean home. I shopped around to buy a sofa in Hobart. A comparable sofa price was higher and required at least 3 weeks to deliver. Koala's sofa was cheaper and delivery was just four days from the mainland.

Purchased in March 2019.

Joe

JoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best sofa!

Such a great sofa, easy assembly, and fast delivery. The sofa is so comfortable and I love that the seat cushion is all one cushion. I couldn’t be more happy with my purchase..

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,450.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks for your review, Joe!

Laura I

Laura IGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice couch, but would not purchase again.

Purchased in July 2018 for $1,000.00.

Hi Laura,
I'm sorry you're not happy with the fabric.
We really appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for your review.

They said it was the most nappable sofa. They weren’t lying.

The Koala Sofa is the most comfortable couch I’ve ever owned, sitting on it is a joy and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

I live in a regional area so although Koala’s 4 hour delivery window didn’t apply to me, it was still delivered within a few days of ordering, which is incredible compared to the 6-8 weeks one would usually wait for furniture delivery.

Assembly is easy, it took about 10 minutes for me and my housemate to assemble. You’re provided with a large, easy-to-follow diagram. They even threw in a little plushie turtle who now sits on the corner of the sofa to remind us about the great work they do to preserve natural habitats of wild animals. We’ve named him Herman.

Purchased in February 2019.

Herman is a great name!
Thanks for your review, Andrew. So glad you're finding it comfy :)

Paul

PaulSydney

Loving the new sofa

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,317.00.

Hi Paul,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We really appreciate your feedback and will be passing on the points you made about the fabric and ottoman to our product design team.

I’ve tried every couch in Melbourne

Have literally fallen asleep on this couch twice! I love that the cushions and covers are removable. So much more supportive for my back and comfy at the same time than all the other sofas I’ve tried and some for triple the price. The ottoman makes the whole configuration so flexible.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,500.00.

ken

kenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It's all about marketing, quality is average

It's ok but you will get better ones for the money. I guess you pay for the customer support and the hassle free delivery. The sofa itself is OK, have seen worth but it's really not that good.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,100.00.

Hi Ken,
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling unimpressed with the Sofa.
Thanks for your feedback. All our products come with the 120-night trial, so please feel free to reach out if you are wanting to return it.

Tim

TimVictoria

Great design. Too easy.

Thanks for getting tooless design right it’s 10 times more rewarding than IKEA that’s for sure and it will last 10 times longer too. The pillows are pricey but at least I got one free last time.

Purchased in March 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Thanks, Tim! We appreciate your feedback.

Chloeasked

I live in Canberra and therefore can't return this if I buy it and don't like it - a huge risk if it's no good, or there's something wrong. If I get this and there's something wrong (like the reviews with misdelivered components) do I have to pay to return the wrong bits? Or is it like the comfort return, if you're not in Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne it's purchase at your own risk?

Hi there!
If you end up returning because the item doesn't suit, you are absolutely able to return it for a full refund within the 120 nights.

However, due to your location, you would need to either drop it off to our Sydney warehouse or arrange for a courier to deliver it at your own expense.

If we made a mistake and sent you the wrong part or if anything was wrong with the order we would absolutely rectify this right away and you wouldn't be charged anything in terms of return postage or delivery fees etc.
I hope this helps!

Chloe

Thanks, that's the main thing that's putting me off buying it - it would cost $400 or so to return it by courier if we don't like it, so the no questions asked return policy isn't as much of a selling point for us a few hours down the highway

Hasan
Hasan

Hi Chloe, I’m in the same boat, living in Canberra and unable to test it out at a store, risk buying it and then realising it’s not comfy.
Did you end up buying another brand? I’m in the market for a 3-seater.

Franziska Basked

I am interested in buying a Sofa and Ottoman but just a bit hesitant with the fabric. (Polyester) I am in Far North Queensland and a bit worried it could be too hot to sit on. Also, is the seating bit very soft? It looks like in the photos? It would be great if somebody could give me some feedback on those aspects. Thank you

Anna
Anna

I haven't found the cloth too hot so far, but NQ summers are extreme, so I'm not sure how it would fair. In SE Qld it's fine.
The mattress is firmer than it looks and softens over time. The only downside is that when it softens in one area, you can't just flip or swivel the mattress/seat pad due to where the zip is. You have to also take it out of its cover and flip it around. Mine has a firm spot in the centre over the bar as no one sits there which means there will be uneven wear over time.

Franziska B

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

CategorySofas & Recliners