Kogan 16 in 1 Multifunction Pressure Cooker KA16MFPRCKA

Kogan 16 in 1 Multifunction Pressure Cooker KA16MFPRCKA

Confusing inadequate instructions on use

After much trial and error we fluked how to use this appliance tonight. We’ve had it for some time and basically just given up on ever using it. Why do I buy Kogan products, it’s unbelievable (and unacceptable) that the instruction booklets are so inadequate. Having spent hours researching the internet and Kogan website only to find the same rubbish as was received in the box, we fumbled through and managed a slightly over cooked, but edible piece of pickled pork.
This is the problem with buying from Kogan, who basically import direct from the Chinese manufacturer and ship to the purchaser, very poor quality control on the operating manuals has been my experience in several items including a 8 month old . This is now a major consideration in electrical appliance purchases, where I’m now prepared to pay a little more and have after sales service of a retail store.

Purchased in August 2018 for $150.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Rarely
Hi Thomo, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you are disappointed with the product you ordered from us. Our buying team works hard to provide the best quality products at the best prices for our customers and we stand by them. Our Exclusive Brand items are all covered by a 14-day Change of Mind return policy, which you can read about here: http://www.kogan.com/au/returns-policy/ If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/Thanks for your response. Unfortunately like the tv ‘smart remote’ it comes with a vague operating manual and no further advice or guidance is offered by the technical team. Believe me, I have searched everywhere before going to the effort to review, which is only done out of frustration. The feedback is free, do with it what you will....

Who the hell knows how to use this? Is it terrible - WHO KNOWS?

I've had this cooker for a while, but who the hell would know how to use it? No amount of searching online, or asking Kogan what to do with it appears to work and I do not have a large amount of money to spend on food waste to find out.

Kogan, if you *have* a recipe manual, like you appear to be inferring - PUBLISH THE DAMNED THING.

Purchased in June 2018 at Kogan.com for $150.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Hi Michelle, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your product arrived incomplete. Your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

Disaster waiting to happen!!!!

That should read half a star!!! Kogan & dick smith should be ashamed of themselves for allowing an appliance like this to be sold to the general public!!! Without complete written instructions!!!!! Not just press this button!!! This pressure cooker is a disaster waiting to happen!!!! Where are the instructions??? One can download what they call the “ user manual” which leaves you non the wiser on how to use this machine!!! Then you get brushed off by the customer care team which via email says they are having problems with their phone lines after you request verbal communication (maybe or maybe not they are in Melbourne????) then request that you the customer co -operate with them!!!!!! Seriously not happy jan !!!

Purchased in February 2019 for $86.00.

Hi Sandy, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk and with your item's instruction manual. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service and products very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Looks like a very good unit, if only it had decent instructions...

Lots of presets, yippee... But, as usual from Kogan, the instruction manual is totally useless... I'm making a pea and ham soup at the moment, but have to guess what setting to use... I need to set it to high pressure, but of course, there is no setting to set pressure, just presets... How simple would it be for the manual to show examples of how much pressure is being applied? Even just low, medium, high? Very simple, but it just isn't there... How are we meant to use equipment properly without proper instructions? I'm sure this is an excellent pressure cooker, but if this particular soup doesn't come out right because it is the wrong setting for it, it's a total waste of money... What's the point of wasting food through trail and error? A real shame... Since I have to rate it in order to post this review, I can only give it 1 star, even though the appliance itself should rate much higher...

Date PurchasedNov 2018

No clear directions

When you read the website the 16-in-1 multifunction pressure cooker sounds like a great appliance. It could very well be the case if one knew how to use it as there isn't enough information in the user manual. I would like to see more information on how to use the different settings.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Marianne, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that the User Manual does not include enough detail for you to make use of your item. For more details of the cooking modes, please contact our Help Desk for assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

Might be a decent cooker - who knows?

This might actually be a good pressure cooker - but the "manual" is so damned vacant of any useful information on how to set the thing, nobody knows. There are 16 different cooking modes, the provided manual describes none of them really, just how to change menu modes (by pressing the menu button, 'cos that's hard to figure out).

I've used the rice cooking mode in the default settings and the results are very good. I'm not so keen on randomly trying to see what the other modes do...

Unless you're the kind of person who likes to experiment with their cooking by randomly pressing buttons on their cooking appliances in the hope something good comes out of it, steer clear.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

It may be great ...if I could work out how to use it

Purchased a Kogan 16 in 1 Multifunction pressure cooker KA16MFPRCKA- great price thanks to free shipping and Kogan voucher (thank you Kogan).

Looks good and feels robust but the manual is VERY poor. I've managed to boil water in it, but as far as working out how the other functions work I'm at a bit of a loss.

There are no recipes included and the few instructions to actually do with food are vague and incomplete eg:
Cooking Function: Rice
Place rice in inner pot and insert into appliance
Use menu function to select frying mode etc etc
Press start for 3 seconds to start etc

Am I missing something...don't you have to add water? (Correct me if I'm wrong please).

I would like to review the actual function, and ability, of this unit but without decent instructions I don't know where to start. I've looked at recipes for similar appliances, but they are all slightly different (and so many pre-set programs)- how about some clear and easy manual controls or provide a guide to what the functions actually do.

If I can work out how to cook anything (decently) I will add to my review at a later date but it shouldn't be this difficult and this seems to be a common comment with a lot of Kogan cooking appliances in other reviews.

My cooker has stopped working altogether what to do?

Can you put insert on to stove top to brown meat?
Hi Michelle, I would say putting it on a stove top would not be a good idea. I think it would destroy the coating on the insert. It does say it browns meat but that's in the actual unit which wouldn't get red hot like a stove top. No recipes or guidance is the main problem with making any recommendation.- wouldn't have brought one if I had known how poor the manual is. Cheers Gary

Is there somewhere I can get recipes ( or decent instructions) specifically for the 16-in-1 Multifunction Pressure cooking. The user manual is almost useless. I am having trouble with even basic functions.
Hi Margie, I havnt managed to find recipes either- this thing is useless without and Kogan are VERY quite and have NOT responded to my queries. VERY disappointed. I would like to return the cooker as its a total waste of money if I cant do more than boil water!! Kogan should treat customers better than this. Sorry I cant help Gary

16 in 1 Multifunction Pressure Cooker KA16MFPRCKA