Kogan 5-in-1 Combo Scanner

1.3

Sirajul

SirajulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

5 in 1 scanner

Kogan 5 -in-1 Combo Scanner.
It is totally worthless. Does not work at all. Kogan should stop importing this kind of rubbish product. Paid $90.
I was not able to put into capture mode therefore unable to scan anything at all using it. Tried everything, the screen would be dark , nothing to be saved in the SD card.
Going to return and will ask for full refund.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$90.00.

Does not work

The scanner would not go into capture mode so I was unable to scan anything at all using it. Tried everything, no good, the screen would just go dark and nothing saved to the SD card. I am not happy and will be returning it.

Purchased for A$100.00.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor colour quality and seems out of focus

I bought this recently and am not happy with the results. The colour quality and accuracy is very poor for reproducing negatives and I have to adjust it to try and get a better image. Definitely not fit for the purpose.
I may have to return it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com for A$79.00.

Find out how Kogan 5-in-1 Combo Scanner compares to other Electronics

Kogan 5 in 1 Combo Scanner. Very poor quality and images captured unusable. Jeff

Bought this device on line from Dick Smiths Australia. Despite cleaning slides and photos immaculately the quality of images copied unusable. Cheaply constructed. No focus function. No recourse because live in NZ. Be careful about buying on line from Dick Smiths have reputation for not vetting their products properly.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dick Smith for A$120.00.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.

not happy

bought this recently from dick smiths online site thinking it would replaced my old plug and play slide scanner. had nothing but issues so far, First was unaware i needed to buy seperate SD card as my old scanner worked direct to PC, So i purchased the required card also from dick smiths site.followed set up instructions to the letter but after 3 days trying still no luck at getting it to work.i am not very pc smart and just need someone to talk me through set up but it seems this is not an option with this company.So now i am stuck with a brand new product i cannot use. i am still waiting for someone from kogan or dick smiths to get back to me on this issue

Purchased in April 2020 at dick smiths for A$130.00.

Alan W.

i have but only by email and awaiting response , they have no phone contact nor shops left in nz to ask

Unfortunately a bad product

I have now had three scanners delivered & none work properly. I have been able to scan a few but there too many problems to list.
I must say Kogan have been most supportive in that they have quickly replaced the original unit 3 times & then as none worked decided to refund the cost.
I feel they tried very hard to satisfy me but the product let them down. Now don't know how to properly dispose of 3 units.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com for A$89.99.

Larry

LarryPerth, WA

Low Quality Product.

The scanner cause a vignette in the center of the scanned product. Quite disappointing really. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Also, it reduce the photo quality to a very low quality product

Purchased in May 2020 for A$208.00.

What a piece of rubbish

It's just a cheap and nasty piece of rubbish that is cumbersome to use. It is a very slow process to scan your photos using this crap. Don't buy it.

Purchased in April 2020 at Kogan.com for A$89.00.

Bernd K.

Bernd K.Northeast, VIC

this is a "D U D" and I can't understand way Kogan can sell such a thing

I have purchased this Scanner to digitise all my slides. Unfortunately it does not work the way it is advertised. The scanner and the SD card shows the slides as a negative. I trayed to get answers out of the manual, but there aren't any. No helpdesk or online help either So the best solution would be to return the
product. Very disappointed customer!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at Kogan.com for A$95.00.

NormSydney, NSW

Just Doesn't Work !!!

IlonaSouthwest, VIC

Disappointing

Purchased in April 2020 at Kogan.com for A$89.00.

Ilona

They have offered to credit the amount to my account to use later and still keep the product at no cost...must be a really good product if I can keep it for free??! I don’t won’t to be credited, I want my money back...

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

scanner review

This scanner is cheap and you get what you pay for. The instruction booklet is poorly done and it takes a bit of practice to work out how to get the scanner to perform as it should.(several hours in my case!) The scanner does not reproduce the colors very well and the scanned slides have a washed out look about them. I have not yet tried to scan photos so it will be interesting to see how they come out.
I could not recommend this scanner.

Purchased in April 2020.

Very Disappointing

Very disappointed, slide scanning impossible to get quality in color that you would expect. Negatives, you get a better view holding them up to the light I would not recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$80.00.

David J.

David J.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

This product is a total disappointment.

Very disappointed like a lot of other customers, slide scanning impossible to get quality in color that you would expect, or should say no color. Would not recommend this product.

MYExperience

MYExperienceAU

Absolute rubbish

Purchased in March 2020 at Dick Smith for A$80.00.

Conondale Kid

Conondale KidFar North Queensland, QLD

DOES NOT WORK

I followed the instructions, cannot select mode, then "Goodbye" after a few seconds. Just does not operate Total waste of my money. Put it away for a few months - same thing again. Not sure of the cost but about $90 I think

Purchased at Kogan for A$90.00.

Andy R.

Andy R.Perth

What's the Problem?

I bought one of these after experimentation with my flatbed, a backlight and some frosted lightbox material. I read these reviews after I signed the purchase so was a bit apprehensive. After working out the modes, I got great results from old transperancies onto an 8 Gig SDHC card. My only drawback was the 12meg file size whereas my bodgy method gave me 375meg files (@ 9600 dpi mind you). Images were sharp and colour was accurate - I always do a bit of work in Photoshop on my scans regardless. It defaults to neg. every startup but that's minor. I haven't tried the other modes but I only bought it for transperancies. Great for $80.

Ian L.

Ian L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Save your money!

My 5 in 1 about 3 years old and i used it briefly when new. Pulled it out of the box today to try and scan some slides and like all the other reviews, it just isn't working. Cannot get a live picture no matter what. Followed the instruction to the letter. (They might be easier to follow if they were written in Braille) I have bought plenty of assorted products for around $80 and they all work fine. This item needs to be pulled from the shelf.

Purchased in February 2016 at Kogan.com.

Charles S.

Charles S.South East Queensland, QLD

Total rubbish

I bought mine a year or so ago...pulled it out of box today...wish I'd checked Product Review....has nothing at all to recommend it. All the previous reviews are spot on and Kogan should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to sell such a useless product. Online manual is as clear as mud and after trying and experimenting I gave up. Wasted an hour. I guess I'll use my old projector and a digital camera..

Purchased for A$80.00.

Ross x.Kogan

!!!DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

Normasked

G'day everyone. Please read all my threads about this product. I took my unit to a specialist repairer over a month ago and they called me about the repair yesterday. Basically, they said the unit cannot be repaired. They agreed with me when I suggested that the product wasn't actually designed to work and certainly not for repair. The product is rubbish. They also said that Kogan was of no assistance whatsoever, as was the instruction book. They tried all different types of SD cards, made no difference. It would be better if it allowed direct download via USB to a computer, but again, it doesn't. So, I spent $80 to find out that this product is only good for landfill. Sorry, I was hoping for a better result, not only for myself, but everyone else.

Brian Fitzgerald

My three units ended up in the recycle bin at the local tip

Clive S.
Clive S.

I should have read these reviews before purchasing
Only fit for land fill

Norm

Yes, hindsight is a real nuisance. Mine was a present that I stuck away for too long until I had the time, warranty ran out and too late to get a refund. And Kogan no help whatsoever.

Robyn B.asked

Just got product and when I turn it on nothing happens except blue light comes on in the middle of top for about 20 seconds and then turns off. Is this a dud or am I doing something wrong. Nothing comes up on screen at all

Brian Fitzgerald

I think it is a dud. I have had three units & none worked satisfactorily.
One thought, did you insert the SD card first?

Alan W.

yes i was unaware it even needed an sd card my last scanner from transonic was a simple plug and play device with a disc

Robyn B.

Yes I bought the sd card with it and inserted before I turned on thanks for your answer. Surely this product should be withdrawn

Normasked

Not sure if you all received this, but I took my product to JVP on the18th of May 2020 and am still waiting to hear back from them. As soon as I hear anything, I will publish the result. Thanks. Norm.

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives