Kogan 9 in 1 KAPRSCOOKZA

Kogan 9 in 1 KAPRSCOOKZA

Overly complicated but works once you figure it out

The user manual had the barest of instructions and did not explain the differences in function between the different modes. However, once you figure it out (by trial and error in my case, since looking online was not a lot of help), I was able to make what I wanted. It is great as a replacement for a slow cooker to make stews, or stock. I've also used the slow cooker function to make pulled pork and it worked great, especially since the pot is a bit deeper than my old slow cooker, the liquids covered more of the meat and resulted in more juicy meat. I have noticed it does tend to retain the food smells for a while after use, and I have to leave it open to air out for a day or two before it goes away.

Purchased in March 2018 at Kogan.com for $65.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Monthly
Hi Joy, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you were having difficulties with getting yourself familiarised with your unit's functions. We take the quality of our items very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation and improvement. If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

Disappointing, feel like I wasted my money

I’m not a expert master chef or anything so I’ve rely on recipes and manuals to make anything in the appliance. I wanted to use the regular “pressure cook” function for a beef roast recipe I found online, which simply said cook for 45 mins but it only had the meat/stewing function which didn’t have any steam being released when I pressed cancel. So I’m disappointed that I didn’t get the make the meal I planned.

Without spending a lot of money on ingredients to figure it out by trial and error I don’t feel I can get much use out of this appliance so it may end up going for sale online.

I attempted to start a Facebook page devoted to figuring out how other more experienced cooks found it. But not a lot of tutorials online either.

I did manage to track down the 2nd version of the manual but it didn’t really provide any helpful info. Maybe it’s less versatile and only does those 9 functions and nothing else.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

poor

As no manual button so you can not go under 2 hours with the meat button plus the book that came with the pressure cooker is vary poor there is three settings on the pressure cooker that the book says northing about them the only is ok the slow cooker

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Fantastic

Extremely good pressure cooker with a multitude of features. Use it quite often, must admit I have not used all functions but do love the pressure cooker and slow cooker features. Only problem I have found is that I need to have it on longer than the set times or turn the temperature to high. Would certainly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I wish the manual had been a lot better - received as a gift. If you are at all nervous then buy a

I am not a snob when it comes to appliances, but sometimes it is better to get a brand that comes with local support and a much better quality manual and cooking guide than this. The rattling can be a bit scary, and it was not at all clear on what setting to vent the pressure cooker. As it was a gift I cannot complain, but I was not confident in using until I looked up some youtube videos on someone who was using the same product. Markings are also not clear/rubbed off so you are having to look at the indentations/depressions to work out what it means - and even then it's just symbols, not works like 'VENT' or 'OPEN' or 'CLOSED', just weird tear drop type shapes.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Worst Pressure Cooker I’ve ever used

This would be the worst Pressure Cooker I have ever used. The manual is not good. Doesn’t have a Manual feature/ button (which is unheard of) so you can only cook what is written on the Pressure Cooker. You can’t cook veggies, brown rice potatoes various types of beans and so many other things. The Kogan customer service was terrible it took me ten days calling and emailing everyday to finally be to it doesn’t work like all other Pressure cookers and to send it back I will need to pay postage. I have two other electronic pressure cookers/ multi cooker and use them daily so I know what I’m doing. I would never buy anything from them again.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Linda, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Sorry for this overall experience. If he item has been returned we'll aim to have this resolved for you as soon as possible. If you need any updates please feel free email us back or give us a call on 1300 304 292 8am to 8pm on weekdays, and 10am to 6pm on weekends (AEDT).I still haven’t received a refund or even part refund

Lacks a Manual you can actual read, understand and follow.

I can't really rate the performance of this product because the provided and downloaded Manual is useless. Pressure Cookers are not necessarily a safe cooking device, so you would think Kogan would have produced an informative and instructional Manual on how to use the device.

Simple instructions on how to safely use and cook are paramount. The method for varying cooking times is a ritual and based almost on guesswork using the "Texture" and "Food" settings.

Look for another brand that actually has "how to cook" instructions with knobs/buttons that control cooking times and temp settings.

Download and read the online Manual to understand what I am on about!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi, thanks for the review. We have a 11 page manual available for this product here: https://assets.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KAPRSCOOKZA-A.pdf If there's anything at all we can clear up regarding the functions, please call us on 1300 304 292 or submit an online inquiry here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/complete_question/