Kogan DC Motor

Kogan DC Motor

Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

I love this fan!

Variable settings, quiet mode, timer settings and remote control. Quiet generally but can be on strong setting and is bit louder but I use it when sleeping and no issues. All the different settings very useful only downside is it is quite costly for a fan.

Purchased in January 2018 at Kogan.com for $68.00.

Noise Level
Power

dazweeja

dazweejaMelbourne

Quiet and sturdy

I guess the primary benefit is that this fan on its lowest setting is whisper quiet due to the DC motor which is great for sleeping. Apparently a DC motor will last longer than an AC motor too but I've only had it a couple of months. It's sturdy and well-constructed although the downside of this is that the base is quite large which might present a problem in cramped areas. Also, the modes are confusing - the quietest mode is "Natural", while "Normal" and "Sleep" seem very similar and a bit louder. Not a concern for me because the Natural mode is great. Also comes with a remote. I bought mine on special for $59 and I think it's well worth the premium over the cheaper Bunnings and Kmart fans.