Kogan KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

7 questions from our users

Hassan A.

Hassan A.asked

KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

Can someone please explain why this piece of crap is shutting down and displaying FL on the panel. I have tried to drain the water from the back but there is literally NOTHING in there. Really not happy as the the unit is less than two month old.

Dutchie00
Dutchie00

Crap its not,If you read the instructions FL Means your tank is full.

Syed

Syedasked

KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

My air con was leaking water which I fixed after cleaning the filter, however now it’s making lot of noise... fountain like noise

Syed

Syedasked

KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

My air con was leaking water which has been fixed after I cleaned the filters however it’s making lot of noise like a fountain now

John M

John Masked

KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

When I run the air conditioner on fan mode, does the unit pull the air from outside the window through the exhaust tub or does it draw air from the room only and just circulatate it?

brad
brad

It draws the air from outside .

rap attack
rap attack

yes draws from the outside

Kaibiagn

Kaibiagnasked

KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

The big problem with evaluating these things is knowing what to expect. My son has had one for just over a week and temps out here have been 40 degrees for many days. My sons single bedroom is on the western side of the house. Just measured the air coming out of the heat exchanger at 28 degrees when set at 24 and low, room temp 30 degrees. Just changed to High and air temp out of heat exchanger dropped to 22, waiting for results. My second issue is cost to run. My son has been running it 20 hours a day. Because it has never got his room cold, I'm guessing it runs flat out all the time. 20 hours a day at almost 3kw/h means 70 cents per hour, that's $14 a day, $100 a week and $1200 a quarter. Is my maths wrong or can I expect a heartbreaking hit like this ?

Gail C

Gail Casked

KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

Is it possible to buy an extension for the window seal? My window is taller than the seal so there is a gap at the top.

Peter

Peterasked

KAPORAIR10GA (2.9kW)

I will be running the air conditioner off a generator. What are the starting and running kilowatt usage rates?

Sami
Sami

I am not sure. However, my experience with Kogan is they are a company that is customer focused, I am certain they would be more than happy to advise.

Kogan
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Peter,

The startup current is 6A and the running kilowatt range is 2.0 - 2.9kW.

You can see the full details in the specifications tab on our product listing here: https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-10000-btu-portable-air-conditioner/

See all Kogan Portable Air Conditioner questions

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives