Kogan KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

18 questions from our users

Michael B.

Michael B.asked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

I have a KAPORAIR12GA unit.
When I have it on the "Heat Mode" should the drainage tank be filling and needing drainage?
[email removed]

charchie
charchie

Yes this happens from time to time. The unit did come supplied with a tube which fits over the outlet so it can drain into a larger container.

Patrick

Patrickasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

My swing function stopped working after 8 months. Whats wrong? We have to do it manually.

raycool000
raycool000

My unit came with broken air vents

My first processor!

My first processor!asked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Is the power supply from a normal 10 amp power point and what is the power consumption when compared to other common large appliances?

Skizz

Skizzasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Does anyone else vent thing get really hot? is this normal for these air things so hot that it's making the glass on my window hot. Should I stop using it.

Jason R.
Jason R.

nah thats all sweet aircon mode will blow out heat and heater mode will blow out aircon like coolness it seperates the 2 in a way yea

Grant T

Grant Tasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Can I purchase the ducting separately as mine seems to have become very brittle. It tears as soon as I try to move it.

Rowey18

Rowey18asked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

my unit wont go into sleep mode, once the desired temperature is reached the unit continues to run. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

JT
JT

I don't know if there is a sleep mode, to be honest. I can only speak about the cooling function on our one as we haven't used other modes.

When set to cooling, our one is permanently on (unless you set a timer) in some way:
1. If the set temperature has not been achieved, the air conditioning/cooling unit is on (sounds louder).
2. If the set temperature has been achieved, the air conditioning/cooling unit is off (sounds quieter) and only the fan is engaged.

Hope that helps, again, that's just how our one acts when using cooling. Not sure about other modes.

Michael max
Michael max

Simple, when you have reached your desired temperature just simply turn it off!

famanda1987

famanda1987asked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

do you do repairs if not Who does?

RossKogan

Hi, for all repair enquiries, please contact us directly and we'll be happy to assist.

You can also get in touch with us on 1300 304 292 8am to 8pm on weekdays, and 10am to 6pm on weekends (AEDT). Otherwise you can also submit an enquiry any time on our help centre here: https://www.kogan.com/au/contact-us/

Sal.Ifte

Sal.Ifteasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Hi, Does this model support third party universal remote control? I have lost my original one, just want to buy a third party remote because I don't want to spend more. Please let me know, if anyone uses it. Thanks

Honda Jazz

Sorry I have no clue if you can get a universal, unless it's the same brand but different model like my SamSung TV remotes work for the 2 different size TVs.

Fani
Fani

Hard to tell if universal remote control can work

Caius C.
Caius C.

As this is IR signal, I personally guess any 3rd party remotes that support learning functions (as many as possible) can support that. Also take a look at "sensibo" https://sensibo.com/ which also can control air-conds via wifi/internet even.

Param

Paramasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Hi, I have a query. During winters, while the unit is on Heat mode, do I need to install the exhaust setup as we do in the summers?

Regards

Honda Jazz

Use the exhaust hose only if you want to remove humidity otherwise it's better not so you actually get more warm air in the room....make sense?

Phil B

Phil Basked

Hi,
Good unit, used a lot in summer for cooling. Now trying to use the unit in heat mode however it does not appear to working. I have temperature set to 25C but does not have any affect and unit appears to be operating as fan. Also, if I change fan speed it remains on high. The unit is vented to the window and works in all other modes.

Any suggestions

Phil

Mohamed
Mohamed

I haven't used it as a heater yet, so unfortunately I won't be able to help.. Sorry :)

Supreet
Supreet

First time I tried to use as heater it went dead on me. Sorry can't help.

val
val

Same here tried using the heat mode but does not work have a feeling its a dud been ripped off conned into buying a product that dosnt offer what it is supposed to ..have only had this supposed revearsable cycle air con only less that six monthe

Sam

Samasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Hi, I'm planning to buy the 12000BTU unit, but unsure if it runs off the standard power point. I had once visited bunnings and a guy there suggested that the portable ones cannot run off the power point as they are designed to take a load of max 2.4 kW. This unit being 3.5 kW - would it be ok to run? Also, I have not seen any MCBs in my unit, so not sure if anything goes wrong, how would I deal with it.

Lastly, I have old style windows, would it still work in house.

Thanks ,
Sam

Pinkladyloo
Pinkladyloo

I thought it was a stand alone unit myself, but it still needs to be ducted out a window. This means you push the hose out an open window and then there is a plastic sliding piece that you supposedly fit into the open window space beside the hose. My windows were sliders and thus the piece did not fit the whole open window, and as a result I ducted it out the floor beneath the unit (as we r single storey). As for the electricity, we have it in a standard power point, as the plug attached suggested it required. I would suggest that you get a water cooler, where you just put the water in below the unit and the air is called by it - I have had one and it was icy cold. I was more so disappointed by the noise the unit makes while on.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your question and your interest in purchasing from us.

Yes, our portable aircons all run from standard power points.

Our latest batches include a windows seal detailed on page 5 of the manual: https://assets.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KAPORAIR12GA-14GA-F.pdf

For pre-purchase inquiries, you can also contact our dedicated Sales team, you can call us on 1300 304 292 or submit an online inquiry here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/complete_question/sales/

Mark
Mark

Hi my unit runs from the standard power point. And having the exhaust out the Window should not be a problem.

Kayla D

Kayla Dasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

My Kogan 12,000 is leaking alot of water. I can see water on the bottom of the unit but the grill wont remove. I have drained numerous time but it continues to leak water all over the carpet. Why is this happening and how can i fix it? I live in qld.

ray

Please contact Kogan. I don't work for for Kogan.

Hi Kayla,

Thank you for your question, we're sorry to hear your aircon is leaking.

Can you make sure the drainage tray has been emptied and is properly fitted back in?

If the issue persists, we would recommend you get in contact with our Support team so we can sort the issue out, you can call us on 1300 304 292 or submit an online inquiry here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/complete_question/support/

BikG

BikGasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

I bought Kogan 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner. It is very noisy. I have 3x3m room and I have to put ear plug to compensate the noise it produce. Is it like this or is something wrong with the unit?

ray

Nope. That is what I experienced too. I sent the unit(s) back. I have tested a number of portable units and none of them lived up to expectations. I appreciate that for some people they may work ok, but I threw in the towel in the end and bought a split air con system instead. I wasted so much time on portable units. The units are not expensive, it is the installation cost (between $400 and $700 depending on location in your house). Now I have cool room and a silent room. Heaven.

bom
bom

Hi, I had 3 kogans they all worked excellent not noisey at all.but after 2years 2 would not turn. The other is still working and it is not noisey. very quite phone your supplier while still in warranty. mine just ran out and they don't help at all when out of warranty. def shouldn't have to use earplugs, something wrong check filters in correctly and balanced. should not be noisey something must be wrong with unit if you check for filters, balance, window all the best with your air con

Hi,

Thank you for your question. This model KAPORAIR12GA will run at about 48/53/58db for the fan settings.

In a smaller room, the noise may be a bit more obvious.

If it seems excessive, you can contact our Support team and we'll be able to assist, you can call us on 1300 304 292 or submit an online inquiry here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/complete_question/support/

pinkfatpiggyasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Hello. I bought this unit and have the same problem.My unit is out of warranty.
Needs a new pcb curcuit board?
Where can I get one? Can some-one please ring me 0488585600
I spent 2 hours on the help line got through and then the operator cut the call.
Pamela

Annb
Annb

Hi. sorry to hear that. I actually wrote mine off as a bad investment. Don't bother with the help line. If you are out of warranty as I was they offered to repair the unit if I paid for the courier and repairs. So no customer loyalty. No shame demonstrated in selling a sub standard product.

Hello
CAN SOME-ONE FROM KOGAN RING ME ABOUT GETTING MY AIR CONDITIONER REPAIRED OR WHERE I CAN GET A NEW CURCUIT BOARD?
To be fair some one rang from Kogan when I was out but did not leave a direct no. to reply.
I've found the help line takes hours to get through and I was cut off.
I am freezing! 0488585600 Leave a direct no to get back if I am out.

Peter

Peterasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

How big a generator (Kva)? Do I need to run this 12000 btu unit? Works great but I don't have the mains power very often.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your question.

We would generally recommend a generator with an output of at least 3.5KVa for best results.

If you have any other questions or concerns at all our Support team will be happy to help.

We can be contacted on 1300 304 292 or at the following link:

D Botha

D Bothaasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Hi, my kogan unit started making electric noises and sounded like it was going to explode! Smelt like burn! Please help! Only had since November!

xyzmaestro
xyzmaestro

Call Kogan ASAP and stop using, your family's safety is more important.

Disgusted
Disgusted

My answer is the same. Call Kogan ASAP and stop using.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you've had an issue with your Air Conditioner.

Please contact our Support team who will be able to assist you. We can be contacted on 1300 304 292 or at the following link:

Mrs.Sam A

Mrs.Sam Aasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

We just received ours and it doesn't seem to have come with the hose? How do I get hold of one asap?

Geoff
Geoff

Yeah just pull other end of the plastic adaptor part that screws into back of Unit. The hose is compressed so it looks like a solid pipe but its not

Marian P.
Marian P.

Geoff is right. Have a look at the back. Right on the bottom of the unit near the floor.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your question.

If you need any further assistance, our Support team will happily help you.

We can be contacted on 1300 304 292 or at the following link:

jackie

jackieasked

KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Hi! I bought the first photo portable airconditioner from you company three years ago. Now is out of order, the whole unit has no power. 3 years, it sounds a long time ago but to be honest I only use it very minimal because this unit was at my son's place room. I only visit him few times a year. In other word it only turns on few times a year. Now it was out of warranty. Considering I have one at home portable as well, it's been six years now still working. Not impress with this one. Would you able to help and tell me why there is no power? What should I do now? Thank you for your time.
Please give me a call on my mobile 0431600567. Will be appreciated.

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your question.

We have arranged for one of our Support Agents to get in touch with you in regards to the issue.

For future reference, we can be contacted on 1300 304 292 or at the following link:

See all Kogan Portable Air Conditioner questions

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives