Kogan KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW)

Kogan KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW) (page 2 of 3)

MPN: KAPORAIR12GA

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now

3.3

• Room Type
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability
iamagirl69

iamagirl69South Australia

Good quality product, that i purchased at a reasonable price.

I recently purchased this device for the spare room in my house, that also doubles as my study and home office. Being reverse cycle, this both heats and cools the room, at different times of the year. It does a good job, with the only downside being that on high, i find it a bit noisy, otherwise on lower settings it works fine. I am however generally generally quite happy with the unit, considering i did not pay a premium price for it. I would recommend it to any purchaser who wants to buy a good compact r/c airconditioner at a reasonable price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Caveat eptor! (buyer beware!)

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Luke

Luke

expensive and pretty average product

seems a bit faulty at times, doesn't always respond to button pushes, and air temperature seem to be a bit tempramental, do you yourself a favour and spend a little bit more money on a quality air conditioning brand. Kogan are base level organisation and their products don't seem to have the quality you would expect from a product of this type.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Kogan KAPORAIR12GA (3.5kW) compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

MissCue

MissCueMoonee Beach

This is so perfect for my home.

With the extreme hot weather, I bought this air conditioner from Kogan, online. It cooled the room perfectly and we were able to get a decent nights sleep at a good temperature. The best thing about this air conditioner is that it is reverse cycle. With winter approaching we are sure the rooms will be warmed to a suitable temperature for our family.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dennis

DennisAU

Extremely good value and easy to use

The unit cools an average room rather effectively and quickly, as a portable unit it is restricted by the duct that needs to be vented outside. While it is noisier than a wall mounted unit you must remember that half of it is not sitting outside so the trade off for "portability" is some noise but it is easy to sleep with while running.

Shane Andersen

Shane AndersenSydney, Australia

Just right!

I live in a small unit of 3 rooms. Just over a year ago, I went online to the Kogan.com site, and bought the Kogan 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner and received a day before a predicted 40 Deg C (100 Deg F) day. Just in the nick of time, I took it out of the box, and it was a dream to set up, and through two summers and one winter, it has been a massive relief. I could never speak more highly about this AirCon unit. It came with a variable window connection and remote control and also front panel controls.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Lisa

Lisa

Nice little unit

GDSA

GDSAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great unit for the price

Good cooling
Noisy not too intrusive or disturbing
Works as well as a branded expensive model

Two things that I am not too pleased about
1. The fan, at the lowest setting, still blows pretty strong
2. The vent moves up and down rather than left to right which would be a great addition

Mark

Mark

great value, great product

I bought the Kogan portable AC on line. It was in Stock and had free delivery. It got it within 4 days. The unit is very easy to use. The exhaust system fits into the window frame. It comes with a remote control and even the batteries were supplied. Excellent service.

Theo

TheoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Unit was easily installed. I used the card board box and some duct tape to make a vent hole for my window.

Turning the unit on I noticed that it draws a lot of air. So I've blocked any air coming into the bedroom. This mean towel under the door and socks in the joins of the window. The unit is meant for a much larger room, not a bedroom.

It is noisy, but I watch movies with it on in my bedroom. It's no noiser than a box window unit.

I've had the unit for two months and don't regret buying it.

I set it to 25 degrees in my bedroom and place it on timer and sufficiently cools and dehumidifies my bedroom making it very comfortable to sleep.

TeeJay

TeeJayIllawarra, NSW

Noisy

Cooling performance is ordinary but the noise is terrible. Very difficult to watch tv or work while this is on. Fortunately I only need it for those very hot days and when there is no sea breeze. The hose on the back comes off the back of the system every time I move it slightly and it takes 10 minutes to fix it in place. I have no experience with portable systems, so I don't know if it is normal for them to be so noisey

bom

bomsydney

Not happy with Air conditioners

bought 3 of these over 2years. 1st one lasted 2.5years then one day wouldnt turn on. 1 of the other 2 broke down 18mths after buying. it woildnt turn on also no light no nothing i contacted kogan they say they dont have parts. these were great air conditioners. kogan offered no solution. i didnt buy extended waranty need to buy 3 year waranty. to keep you covered when they break down. when they are going they are good

Date PurchasedNov 2014
babyhorizon

babyhorizonCowra.NSW

Unreal service.

I have 2 portable aircon units in my house and were out of warranty.One died and I got in touch with Kogan live chat.They resolved the matter with the utmost courtesy.I cannot speak highly enough of them.I live in regional NSW and cannot get by without an aircon as it`s freezing in winter and boiling hot in summer.I find the units very efficient and my electricity bill has not skyrocketed as I had feared.For the price you can`t go wrong.

Dud

Useless . Doesn't cool small room. Sent back but they said it was fine and sent back another model which did exactly the same.Nothing !
Don't waste your money. This is my first review I've written ever and for good reason as you may be able to tell. What a rip off. Please advise others not to be lead up the garden oath with this product. That is all.

Works but pretty noisy

viditorAU

Nice cooling...Very short lifespan

As many here have said, these systems don't last long at all. I used mine for maybe a total of 20 days over a 2 year period, and it died. If they offered a 5 year warranty that included shipping, I would buy one again...failing that, it's just not worth it.

viditor

I thought that I would add that my friend who purchased the same system at the same time has also just had it die inexplicably...

Annb

Annb

Bad Value for money!!!!

I purchases this unit just 2 years ago. It died yesterday. I only used it for cooling over the last 2 summers - maybe 20 days altogether. Of course the warranty is expired. I did expect that I would get more than 20 out of it. Very Poor Quality Kogan!

sssportster

sssportsterMelbourne

Waste of money

Unit 2 years old and stopped working. I contacted Kogan and was told the problem was due to a faulty main circuit board and as this had a 1 year warranty it was not covered. I was offered a $30 store credit but I'm reluctant to take up the offer as I have lost confidence in the Kogan brand supplying a reliable products.

paul

paulperth

stopped working after one summer

Had two units, last week we went to setup one up and nothing! No power no lights nothing. Only used once last summer. Very disappointed to say the least. We were buying everything from kogan 3d tv, car refrigerator, bed linen, phones ect but now after one year tv plays up air con not working and the $800 Samsung stop working on and on and I'm over it.

Marian P.

Marian P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Okay I guess.

Used for a bedroom and only managed to lower temp by 3 degrees at best. Quite loud for night use. Wasn't able to hear my bedside radio. Took a minute or two to attach hose to the back of it when setting up. Bit tricky getting it firmly in place. Remote doesn't light up, for night use. Overall, an average unit, struggles to drop temp sufficiently even in a small room, but better than nothing on a hot day.

See all Kogan Portable Air Conditioner reviews