Kogan Portable Air Conditioner

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

In the sweltering summer months, a portable air conditioner is a nifty way to stay cool. With the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. You may have wanted a small, cheap portable AC but just discovered the term ‘reverse cycle.’ Or what if you can’t decide between a Delonghi or a Dimplex? This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now

3.3

Matty C

Matty CSydney, NSW

Pretty Good

I bought my unit the Sunday before a public holiday and it still arrived on the Thursday at lunchtime which was fantastic. That day it was 38 degrees where I live with about 90%humidity. Cooled the house significantly in 30 minutes, left it on and went out for 2 hours and came back the room was lovely and cool. A little noisy but well worth the money for the 10/15 odd days that it got to the high 30s and low 40s in my town. Should have bought it at the start of summer.

Purchased in January 2019.

Carlos

CarlosSydney

Cheap brand...

Anyone who wants to buy this....please read this first. I put on this small room that could only fit a single bed and it takes till morning to cool it...its just a blower with a bit of cold air. And the noise that it makes...cant believe there is still an aircon like this one nowadays. Its like running a generator inside your room. I woke up 4 times...it should have come with an earplug. Its a cheap china made component...never going to buy from dick smith kogan again.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
meagain

meagainJervis bay, Nsw

Oh bless The

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Kogan Portable Air Conditioner compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Chris

Chrismelbourne

Decent for my purpose, but build quality isnt the best.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
ShanellJ

ShanellJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely

I didnt expect this air con to be as good as it is but it is amazing! It doesn’t take long to cool down our whole loungeroom and once everything is closed up the room gets quite cool and it’s just bliss on those super hot muggy days here in Brisbane, if you live here you know those days I’m talking about! It was easy to set up and we also duct taped the window kit to the window frame so it’s nice and secure. Other portable air cons we’ve had in the past don’t even compare to this one! It blasts cold air throughout the room instead of just one direction so everyone in different areas can feel cool instead of just the person sitting directly in front of it. Probably our best purchase this year by far. Very happy family here.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Rach W

Rach WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish we'd bought one sooner

Purchased in November 2018 at Kogan.com.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Small Bedroom
Ed H

Ed HSydney

Works OK, Consumes a lot of electricity

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Nicole Watson

Nicole WatsonBrisbane

Works well in a smaller room.

This was able to work quite well for heating and cooling in a smaller, closed room. As you would expect, in a larger room it struggles and we have ended up using just a normal fan or heater when needed. The other issues we had is that it seems to fill up very quickly and found ourselves having to empty the tank 1-2 times a day.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
britt

brittmelbourne

great little aircon

This unit has really surprised me, it can easily cool down a bedroom within about 30mins and is very quiet so you can sleep with it on at night, especially in summer.
This unit is easily moved around the house where and when required. I am very satisfied with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Notoca

NotocaPerth, WA

An Air Con That Isn't An Air Con

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Rick

RickSydney, NSW

Best thing ever bought in summer

I was initially skeptical with buying portable air conditioner as I read previously they are very noisy but I found the Kogan portable air conditioner's noise to be not as loud as I heard. Good thing about this air conditioner is that it has an auto shut off timer. It is not bad for a medium room size.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I was expecting something noise, but this is ridiculous. The tiny water reservoir fills several time

While this unit does heat, and cool reasonably well, the noise level is insane.
I understand these are noisy, but Its impossible to consider this for residential use. I cad hear the pump through my noise cancelling headphones.
The water reservoir fills up every 2 hours, and the machine stops working until you empty it.
Consider other options!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Dayjob2

Dayjob2melbourne

Good Little Aircon

This saved our hides this summer. Our bedroom really cops the afternoon sun and this saved the day. It has just enough output to take the edge off the hottest days and it quite cold if you are directly in front of it. Its more like a fan that blows refrigerated air. They make more powerful models but this was cheap! It is well enough made and comes with a window kit and air hose.

Maxx1

Maxx1Kyneton

Cools Well Bit Noisy

This Kogan air conditioner does a respectable job of cooling smallish spaces but is a bit on the noisy side. It worked great at cooling down the bedroom, so we gave it a go in the lounge room. That didn't really work - the space was too big. It was cool directly in front of it but it never got anywhere near bringing the whole room temperature down but it made a difference. In a smaller spaces, it works well. You need to stay near a window as you have to connect a pipe to pump the hot air outside. Overall it helped us but we couldn't use it while we were sleeping due to the noise.

Tigers2017

Tigers2017Melbourne

Noisy Works Well

This was a big help over summer but its loud. We live in Melbourne so it's only really hot over a few months but the hot days are often over 40c. Our lounge room just cooks on days like that but its not worth getting full built in air conditioning. We ordered this Kogan unit and I had my doubts but I can report I was very wrong in a good way! It did a remarkable job of cooling for us. The secret with these is to block up anywhere the air can escape and make a cool zone. It really did well but it does make quite a lot of noise while its running. rather has a bit of noise and a cool room though so I am giving this 4 stars.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good alternative to expensive Split System A/C

Although the area we are trying to cool is larger than the capacity rated on this portable unit, it was still able to keep us comfortable on those extreme high humidity 40 deg days during Summer. The unit is very portable and easy to use. Installation of the window seal was a bit tricky but ok once you took the time to understand the process. Although I knew the unit needed to be vented, I was a bit disappointed that it was clearly stated when purchasing the unit online. I was quite disappointed in how loud the unit is considering the unit was advertised as being quite.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Mitch23

Mitch23Melbourne

Good For Small Rooms But Noisy

This has been excellent all summer. We use it in the bedroom and it's done a sweet job of cooling us down on the hot days. You can tell it's getting to the limits of its abilities on 40c plus days though, so I wouldn't try using it in any larger rooms.
Quality of the machine and hoses seems fine. The remote is pretty basic but does the job.
There is one big issue with it - the noise factor. Its noisy! So know that if you are a light sleeper because this thing isn't quiet.
I am happy with this machine overall and think it is good for the price.

Kogan
Ross x.Kogan
Sparky78

Sparky78Victoria, 3121

Adequate Not Amazing - Its OK

I got this on sale from Dick smith (Kogan) for $279.
It is quite efficient as it only draws 1000w on full but it is the less powerful 12000BTU model.
Two points:
1/ Cooling power is limited. It will be OK for a small bedroom or study but after that it struggles to keep up with the compressor running all the time. This would limits its lifespan
2/ Its very noisy. It is a struggle to hear TV with this running
Its adequage, not amazing,

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Richard

Richard

Perfect aircon for our bedroom!

Purchased the 12,000 btu portable aircon. It has been magnificent. Our room was reaching from 27 to 30+ on really hot days because we face the sun. Have been using for the last few days and it cools our room down so easily. Really easy setup, noise is tolerable. We have a newborn and setting temperature to 22 degrees is amazing. Really happy with the product and fast delivery too! Thanks Kogan.

invpzg

invpzgSydney, NSW

I can now sleep during the summer!!

Date PurchasedOct 2017