Kogan Mobile Broadband

Kogan Mobile Broadband (page 3 of 3)

3.6

• Adequate Speeds Yes (60%) · No (40%)
Rider9

Rider9Balwyn

Good metro speeds 30mbps

I just did a speed test prior to writing this and I get 30mbps - pretty good considering they use the previous pariah company of Vodafone as their supplier. I knew it was good but that's pretty decent for mobile data - its stable too. I never have any problems day or night and I have never experienced and outage . Only used them this year 2018 but am perfectly happy with them

Seven_5

Seven_5Malvern

Excellent value 4G internet

Tried Kogan internet out (am using it now) with a July promotion. I have found it pretty faultless. There is a good online tool to keep track of usage. I get good, sometimes excellent 4G speeds with no noticeable slow-downs. The sim came in about four days, signing up was easy. All in, a good experience.

Lighter2

Lighter2Victoria, 3121

Good Experience - Am using it now!

I signed up for a 99c super special to try out their 4G internet. Came with 23GB and its smooth as butter so far. I have been using it in Melbourne metro areas and the only time I lost connectivity was in the city loop. I am getting excellent speed and no drop outs at all. I am impressed . They use the Voda network and its obviously a lot better than the old days.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Kogan Mobile Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

Sands77

Sands77melbourne

Good Using it now!

I am using Kogan 4G right now to write this review. It is smooth and fast. We can stream to the iPad no worries at all and it get excellent coverage all over the city. I have taken it as far as Woodend and it works there too. Its via Vodafone but its a good service

Ross x.Kogan

Hi Sands77, thanks for letting us know! We hope you get plenty of use out of your plan.

Johnson

JohnsonMelbourne

best value for money

Kogan's 365 day prepaid deals are the best value for money i have ever seen. Kogan offers lots of data at a better price than any other provider (that i know of atleast). They also often have 23Gb for $5 for the first month, which is also amazing value. Definitely can recommend.

Ross x.Kogan

Hi Johnson, we're glad you've been enjoying your 365 day plan, thanks for the recommendation.

Sherman

ShermanMelbourne

Good Value!

Using them right now to write this. I scored a 99c SIM trial with 23 GB of data. Its excellent in Melbourne metro - I can stream to two devices watching Netflix with no buffering or slow downs. Awesome value!

Ross x.Kogan

Hi Sherman, it does sound like you're getting great speeds while streaming, that's good to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Rajina

RajinaSydney, NSW

Quite the value for money

The reason I signed up for Kogan is because I saw their new user offer and my current sim was expiring soon. So, I ordered their sim and after getting it after 4 days and performing the switch within an hour, I was up and connected with Kogan Internet in my mobile phone. The 4G speed is great. I connected to it using my PC using the hotspot feature on my phone. It works great on my laptop too. But when I use it to download large files and backups, the internet drains quickly. I know I am downloading large files but the usage is more than I have used. Other than that, the limit that they have is more than enough for me and I am enjoying their 4G internet for a 90% discount in the first month for new users.

Ross x.Kogan

Hi Rajina, we're glad you've been getting fantastic speeds over 4G, let us know if you need any help in the future.

RoseyMelbourne

Excellent value for money

Purchased a Kogan prepaid mobile 365 day voucher and am very satisfied with the telephone service and the data speed and allowance. I have had no problems and would recommend this Kogan product as excellent value for money.

Ross x.Kogan

Hi Rosey, we appreciate the great review, thanks!

Sweet Garden

Sweet GardenKyneton

Just Signed Up Again

I had a good constant signal all over Melbourne suburbs using this and really really fast 4G speeds. The value is excellent with generous data allowances compared to Telstra. I have never had to resolve any issues with customer service so I cant comment there but its all good so far.

Ross x.Kogan

Hi Sweet Garden, thanks so much for sharing your positive feedback, we'll be here to help if you need us.

Rita

RitaNewcastle

The speed and the signal are good but with much cheaper price

I switched from Vodafone to Kogan during a Kogan mobile plan promotion. Kogan uses Vodafone network but the speed and the signal is as good as Vodafone. Of course, there are no signals sometimes on a train. The speed is as good as Vodafone as well, but the price is much cheaper and it offers more data plan than Vodafone, which I never use up. The port out was quite simple and the staff was friendly. I am satisfied with the service and would recommend it to my friends.

Hi Rita,
Thanks for the review, we're glad to hear that you've been satisfied with the value we provide.
Don't hesitate to contact us directly if you need any assistance.

Colorado

Coloradomelbourne

Very Fast In City

This is very fast on 4G in the city and metro suburbs but reverts to 3G in the country and can be so slow with high lag times. Kogan works on the Vodafone network so I used their SIM in an unlocked Vodafone WiFi router that covered all their relevant frequencies. It was very cheap to try and does work well but forget it for travelling due to city-centric coverage

Enterprize

EnterprizeMelbourne

Works Great If Near Towers

I got this to test out on special. It operates on the Vodafone network but I dont think it uses the entire network. I live near a tower and I got excellent speeds at home but slow as molasses in the country. I had a good connection just slow speeds. The data inclusion was very generous for the price. Its a discount network and if it works well in your area you can get decent speeds.

Ross x.Kogan

Hi Enterprize, we appreciate the positive review, and we're always improving our network coverage. Thanks for letting us know.

Le Boeuf

Le BoeufKyneton

Strong Connection No Drop Outs

I used this during a promotion where you could try it for a month for free. It was excellent I got 23GB of 4G data which I put in my Vodafone WiFi (same network). It was smooth and fast and I could stream video at any time without drop outs or slow downs. I think its limited to metro areas but it is fats and worked very well in those ares for me.

Ross x.Kogan

HI Le Boeuf, it's good to hear you got plenty of good use out of your data package, thanks for the positive feedback.

LightsOn

LightsOnmelbourne

Works Well In The City

I tried this out because there was a really great special on offer from kogan for 23GB of data for $4.90. They use the Vodafone network so it depends on those towers. In the suburbs I get 4 or 5 bars and constant fast flowing internet. I can stream anything I like all the time, the only slow downs are at peak hour and not for too long. Works well!

Ross x.Kogan

Hi LightsOn, thanks for sharing your positive experiences with us, we're glad your plan is working well for you.

John R

John RSydney

Kogan 4G LTE Modem & Wireless N Router, made even better.

Works Great. Has two external antennas, one for 4G and the other for WiFi. Use an outside 4G Yagi Antenna to boost 4G signal Bars and increase 4G data speed. 4G antenna connector next to LAN1.

Hi John,
That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Gone_F1sh1n

Gone_F1sh1nMelbourne

Excellent 4G Internet

I have used Kogan off and on for the last year and had consistently good results. This is probably because I have a tower within 100 meters but I get fast and faultless 4G internet off this 24/7 with no interuptions. Never had any down time and we have multiple pele watching Netflix and Youtube at the same time. Has been good

Hi Gone_F1sh1n,
Thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it. We hope you continue to enjoy your 4G streaming!