Kogan Mobile

2.1

Adrian W.

Adrian W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible coverage and customer service, over priced for 1990’s technology via vp

SOS, in metro melb, rang from another phone (carrier) excuse was an upgrade 28dec / 12 jan! Internet self serve care centre is next to useless and finding call centre number was difficult

Plan Cost per Month$50.00
Included Data per Month40 GB
Hitarth

HitarthSydney, NSW

Dreadful reception, download speed and upload speed

Unreliable network coverage. Even in Sydney, used to get very poor download and upload speeds for example 2 Mbps download and 1mbps in greater Sydney . Currently in griffith city and get like 1.8mbps download speed. Do yourself a favour and spend a little more to get better internet.

Plan Cost per Month$18.00
Included Data per Month7 GB

No reception.... ridiculous!

I've been with kogan almost 2 years and I certainly won't be renewing! My network coverage is terrible, it constantly cuts out mid call and never appears to have reception majority of the time..... and we live in a metropolitan area? its ridiculous, and it worries me knowing that more unsuspecting customers are signing up for this! The customer service basically stated you haven't contacted us so there's no problem, but oh there's an upgrade happening in your area.... I felt like a criminal for reporting my issues.

B Nguyen

B NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value for money! Vodafone network coverage and roaming available.

As it uses the Vodafone coverage it is good, but I’ve experienced cut outs on calls with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Data works well and they now have international roaming for $5 which is easily purchased online. I used it in Korea and worked well.

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month13 GB
B Nguyen

B NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value. Roaming offered.

They use the Vodafone network so coverage is good.
I have however experienced dropouts while on calls.
Data speeds is adequate. No issues.
They respond promptly to online enquires.
Good value if you pay upfront 12months. But be warned that if you recharge before your plan ends for the month you will lose it. I renewed my plan a month before it was due to end and lost that month.
I wouldn’t have recharged but I kept receiving emails reminding me to recharge. So be careful.

Plan Cost per Month$22.00
Included Data per Month16 GB
Keven

KevenSydney, NSW

Cant log in or recharge

Been a customer for the last year, have recharged & been sent a voucher #.
Go to log in to Kogan mobile with my existing phone # however I've lost my pin,. Request pin reset but nothing gets sent to my email ( the order did) how do i get my money back?

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
Included Data per Month13 GB
RossKogan

How can a major Mobile phone company get away with a Customer line you can't get thru to

17/4 Kogan cut off my mobile service, I paid for a yearly renewal with credit card to get my phone working.
18/4 Kogan took a second Payment, I Rang same day was told I would get a refund within 3-5 Days.
after 5 days attempted to call the customer line. I have been trying to get thru since, at least 7 times.
The worst service ever - I have two phones services with Kogan, I will never renew again.
Advise anyone with Kogan to remove the auto payment from your account.

Plan Cost per Month$13.00

Thomas Tran
Clara R.

Clara R.Sydney, NSW

I got my number stolen

My number was somehow “stolen” from my one year prepaid Kogan mobile phone. I woke up one day and just didn’t have service Customer service is horrible and I’ve been without my phone number for 1.5 weeks now. They told me they would send me a new SIM card- and I called them and they said they hadn’t sent it and they had been “trying to contact me” but the whole point is that I don’t have my number! And they have my email and I emailed them heaps and they didn’t reply to any of those. It’ll be two weeks without service, which has affected my work. Wish I never went with Kogan.

Plan Cost per Month$12.50
Included Data per Month7 GB

Dd1200

Dd1200Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to set up

Network coverage mostly fine but sometimes seems low. Purchasing and setting up my plan has been really easy. Note that if you purchase a new plan it is effective immediately, so don’t do it before current plan expires.

Kogan can't port.

Kogan can't port.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusted. I bought SIM, activated, ported it, etc. I'd receive some SMS and calls on old and new SIM, randomly. Joke!

Disgrace. Completely impossible to reliably test. How can I test a system that is random with an outsourced service department that treat me, a telecommunications expert as the idiot. Unthinkable.

Plan Cost per Month$4.95
Included Data per Month40 GB

Too late, 7 days it took. I ported back out

Angela

AngelaSydney, NSW

Great at customer service

I recently had a problem with a debit made accidentally on their part for an extra data package I did not authorise. It was a little difficult at first to get anyone to refund the amount back to my account but then after calling a second time a staff registered my problem whereby they called and refunded the amount that was taken off. I would recommend them as a telco with great customer service.

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Included Data per Month21 GB

Julie BSydney, NSW

kogan mobile support is useless

Called support on the 11 march 2019 as i am unable to remotely access my voicemail on my phone. On numerous calls they said they would call me back, they did not, I have had to call them over and over. On the 27 March I was told that they could fix it by resetting my voicemail and it would be fixed and they would call in an hour to check. No, it didn't work and they didn't call back either. I called them today 31 March 2019 and they told me they ( YET AGAIN) were updating it to technical support !!! and they would call me back!!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 15 mins and then told, the supervisor would call me back !! in 2-3 HOURS!!!

Julie B

you are kidding me!!! I never received the promised call from the supervisor aftethe 2-3 hours that was stated. You offer no support whatsoever!

Stephen J

Stephen JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Why have I downgraded my rating from 5 stars to 3?

Until today, 5 stars. They blew it with circular avoidance of Help. I wanted to know how to add (bolt-on) international call credit. But all links led, not to (Rome) an order screen, but to my account summary. Try getting Help to solve this one. It's web-based only, noone to talk to, you can leave a Request, perhaps they'll get back to you. Okay, when? It's certainly not live. So, when you really need Help, it's not there. Perhaps Kogan Mobile has become too big to give customer service, too greedy to employ staff to monitor phones.

Honest Feedback-er

Honest Feedback-erCanberra 2600, ACT

Mate, Don't waste your money and time on this

Honestly, I have been a customer with kogan for the last 6 months - and it has been a horrible experience.

I called their customer service with my office phone because my mobile could not recognize the network (?), so I couldn't make calls nor receive calls or messages. AND the consultant says wait 24 hours for the investigation to happen - and guess what? 3 days till now they haven't given me anything, and all I have to do (or can do) is to WAIT. Un-professional, can't even fix a simple issue, so I have decided to move on.

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Included Data per Month2 GB

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

mark almond
mark almond

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H
Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers