Kogan Mobile

Eric

EricSydney, NSW

If you are super lucky, you can make and receive a call with Kogan Mobile network!!

Bought a 1 year plan in December 2020 and it took 5days to porting my number and could not make or receive calls.
Called customer service and the answer was that there is no problem with Kogan mobile network so go and ask a help to mobile phone company.
Previously with Optus and Aldi mobile had no issues with their sim/network.
The Kogan mobile is a problem!!!
Hopeless customer service.
The customer service can't do anything and they don't wanna do anything!

Plan Cost per Month$12.00
Included Data per Month8 GB
kevo

kevoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible connection with dropouts, not being able to call and slow internet.

My wife and I went on Kogan for two months now. It has been the worst experience with constant dropouts whilst on a call. In my office building in Melbourne's cbd I can't even get the internet to work.

Plan Cost per Month$10.00
Included Data per Month20 GB
LinY

LinYSydney, NSW

No signal. Whats the point??

Been using kogan for years. No problems. This year, I recharge for 365 days. No signal in the CBD all day or even on the way home (and I live an hour from the city). Recharged again for 30 days on the next product up, hoping for a signal boost. No luck. Very annoying when I have been applying for work and excepting recuiters to call. Switching to new provider!!! Dont waste your money with Koganmobile.

Plan Cost per Month$49.90
Included Data per Month40 GB

Find out how Kogan Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Most terrible customer service ever!! Customer service representatives very rude and won’t even listen to you. RUDE!!

Worst ever customer service! Asks information with a command! Don’t even know how to use Please. And won’t listen to you talking. Arrogant and Rude and don’t even admit when you raise this issue up! Full of excuses and and claims they don’t know what is polite and don’t know if they are polite or not!!??

Never ever ever recommend Kogan mobile to anyone on earth!

Katie

KatieQueensland

Definitely recommend. Good price, loads of data, easy to use.

I've been using the Kogan SMALL 365 days prepaid plan for years. The price goes up a little each year, but (usually) there's a corresponding increase in data allowance. They introduced the flex option last year, which is great - it's a similar price and means data I haven't used in a month rolls over.

I've never had any trouble with my sim card, account, or anything. Speed is almost always very good - no trouble watching videos. I have great reception in most areas (except for some spots on the train line, but that's more a Vodafone coverage issue than Kogan).

The app makes it super easy to quickly check how much data I have left and when my plan expires.

Plan Cost per Month$13.33
Included Data per Month6.5 GB
VOTE1 DickSmith

VOTE1 DickSmithRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Deceptive marketing

Have been with Kogan since 2016
have been using Kogan app from my mobile to recharge only to find out its cheaper for current users to purchase recharge from Kogan website $50 cheaper in my case (this is not for new users) that seems to be the convenience of using the Kogan app awesome.
Very deceptive marketing
On speaking to staff was as useless as the staff
I know this would not have happened with Dick Smith

The company is terrible

RossKogan

Thank you for the review and we’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience and hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies.

If you are able to provide your reference number, please do and we will get look into your case.

RossKogan

Really sorry to hear your situation and I really want to help you. Woul dyou have the reference number so I can escalate it with a resolution?

Waste of Kogan simcard

I bought a smartphone through Dick Smith and was asked to sign onto Kogan Mobile as part of the process. I declined but still received an unasked for simcard in the mail (after a few emails too reminding me of the fantastic deal I was missing out on). Very old-school, agressive marketing and a wasteful approach, being a progressive e-commerce player you would think they'd be more creative and permissive with their approach!

Matt M.

Matt M.Sydney, NSW

Excellent service!

Super budget mobile plan, especially during promotion buy 1 get 1 free!!!
Excellent customer service when calling, even went extra mile for replacing my expired voucher code when I forgot to recharge on time!

Great product covered !

khalil.abukhadijeh.7

khalil.abukhadijeh.7Perth, Western Australia

Bad network and diversion problems

Every 2 days all incoming calls to my mobile get diverted to message bank or even told I was unavailable. I called several times and everytime I was told there is a glitch. That glitch became part of our daily ritual calling the centre to get it disabled. This is frustrating and will not be renewing my service with them again.

Plan Cost per Month$26.00
Included Data per Month12 GB

GeeMid North Coast, NSW

Hopeless and inconsistent customer service

Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Gee

Kogan have failed to respond to query/complaint lodged via their web site or to this review. I think time has come for TIO to become involved.

Gee

The authorisation code given to transfer title was 26001671. The 3rd call centre person knew nothing of this number given to me the day (or 2) before by the 2nd call centre person.

Butaiquan B.

Butaiquan B.Sydney, NSW

A proper invoice with GST included not available

It is okay to have a no GST invoice for the voucher purchase, I am not really happy to hear back from Kogan that they won't provide a GST included invoice even after you redeem the voucher.

SK62Sydney, NSW

Pathetic Service

We had an account with Kogan from more than 2 years and now when we tried to opt out and move to another provider they rejected porting process with the reason that account is not available. If the account is not available, DOB is not correct how did the account get activated in the first? how were we able to recharge and use to date? when we tried to move out these are the silly reasons they are coming up. Customer service agent was rude and he talked as if he just woke up with my call and did not bother to check details second time. whatever i asked he would just say nothing.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00
SK62

No reference provided as customer service more interested in saying nothing rather than providing reference number. If you have different contact number other than the below number pls provide and I will contact. Thanks

RossKogan

I am really sorry to hear this as they should give you a reference number. As they don't have it, please message me privately to provide the details

Many thanks

glittergirl498

glittergirl498South East Queensland, QLD

Ive had for three years

i've had kogan mobile for three years, only had one drop out after three years and have never been jabbed with unexpected costs.

Speed is good and faster than my home wifi. Calls rarely drop out and connection is reliable.

Plan Cost per Month$13.00
Included Data per Month15 GB

Abhi A.Sydney, NSW

No network coverage and terrible customer service

Purchased a 12 month pre paid sim in December 2020 and immediately could not make or receive calls. Called their customer service 4 times in period of 2 weeks to try to resolve, was given and "investigation number" was sent a new sim card and no improvement. Previously with Optus and had no issues with their sim/network.
Finally tried to ask for refund and was told they could not offer full refund and person was very rude. No resolution to this point
Would be highly cautious of going with Kogan if you are considering it. Seems like I am not alone after reading other reviews. STAY AWAY!

RossKogan

I am sorry to hear the poor customer experience.

If you could send me your reference number, I will chase this up. We are doing everything possible that our customers receive best customer experience and solutions

Ryan M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Good value, sometimes ok but the internet is normally super ridiculously slow as in my avg download is less than 0.3mbps

4G coverage is really poor, often it uses the 3G network. Download speeds are really slow, same with upload and ping. Value is good but I can’t stand the speed.

Plan Cost per Month$3.30
Included Data per Month20 GB
Ivana

IvanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

the worst company and mobile provider

Network coverage is the worst! I have left stranded on the road 2,5 hours from Melbourne with three small kids in the car, I was stuck on the road in the night time with SOS showing on the phone luckily I manage to stop someone to help me, and their coverage was perfectly fine.
Most of the times it will show 3G or Roaming in towns but out on the road is the only SOS. Save your self-time with calling customer service and try to resolve and issue. I got two mobile accounts and lost almost $300 I hope someone will read this and change his mind in getting Kogan mobile plan.

Finn

FinnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Demanding emails

I renewed my mobile account but continue to get emails and SMSs from Kogan telling me the service will expire unless I extend the plan. I called Kogan and after a 30 minute wait was told that Kogan does not send out Kogan mobile emails. Go figure.

Plan Cost per Month$16.00

SmitaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

One of the worst companies I have dealt with.

mark almondSouthwest, VIC

Vodafone thru Kogan

I have a kogan mobile prepaid plan
Im in Geelong and the coverage at times here or anywhere else is poor
Most times its indicating half strength 4g
I make a call and 90% of the time it immediately drops to H or H1
People can't hear me and im continuously having to change position or location where I am to be heard
Service is poor

Plan Cost per Month$29.00
mark almond

So my complaint will fix it
So the many before have tried
Im heading somewhere else
Thanks for the advice

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H
Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers