Kogan Mobile

Kogan Mobile (page 2 of 66)

SmitaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

One of the worst companies I have dealt with.

mark almondSouthwest, VIC

Vodafone thru Kogan

I have a kogan mobile prepaid plan
Im in Geelong and the coverage at times here or anywhere else is poor
Most times its indicating half strength 4g
I make a call and 90% of the time it immediately drops to H or H1
People can't hear me and im continuously having to change position or location where I am to be heard
Service is poor

mark almond

So my complaint will fix it
So the many before have tried
Im heading somewhere else
Thanks for the advice

Shawn

ShawnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Apology

Kogan website tells customers to go to United petrol station to pick up SIM card if you don't want to wait for delivery so I followed those instructions then card would not activate so I called Kogan they tell me I have an expired card there are no expiration dates on the card or packaging so how was I to know....if you don't want to get as aggravated as I was do what I do avoid Kogan like the plague.

ShopJock

ShopJockMelbourne

Exceptionally underwhelming data speeds

I used to be with Optus 4G and averaged download speeds of in excess of 100Mbps. Now with Kogan mobile on the Vodafone network, I’m getting a pathetic 1-2 Mbps. I know you get what you pay for. But still this is extremely disappointing and I’m stuck with them for a year.

RossKogan

Thanks for the review. W‍e’re so sorry this happened. If you give us a chance, we intend to make this right and hope that your experience will be changed in the future.

William Tell All.Sydney

Thieves, Con artists, Rip Off Merchants

Yong Z.

Yong Z.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No service

Try to setup my voicemail. Be asked to call customer service 1555 then get exactly same message to call 1555. Never ever get through . Hopeless. Reception is not good either.

SKJ

SKJ

Very bad customer service and network coverage

I had issue of network in my area, from last four weeks, the network is on emergency service only,
We had three mobiles on kogan network and all having same issues,
Many times contacted customer service and told them about the network issue, customer service representatives have no idea what they are talking, keep telling me if you want can port to the other network provider

RossKogan

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Adrian W.

Adrian W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible coverage and customer service, over priced for 1990’s technology via vp

SOS, in metro melb, rang from another phone (carrier) excuse was an upgrade 28dec / 12 jan! Internet self serve care centre is next to useless and finding call centre number was difficult

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

"Invalid Code" = You need to go to TIO

There is a Bug in Kogan Mobile's SIM card Activation system. If you get an "Invalid Code" error when trying to Recharge your new Kogan SIM, the ONLY way to fix this is to go to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. I have a speech disability and cannot call Kogan Mobile and they do not have email. So to fix this, I had to go to the TIO and it took 14 days, but it was fixed. Kogan needs to fix this bug on their systems ASAP!!!

John N.

LOL! You never gave a crap before, why would you care now? ROFL!

Narre Warren VIC

Narre Warren VICMelbourne

Absolutely rude and appalling service. Staff are of horrible and intimidating attitude as long as U already signed.

Never sign up with them
Never recommend
Don't trust them
Does not worth the headache

Hitarth

HitarthSydney, NSW

Dreadful reception, download speed and upload speed

Unreliable network coverage. Even in Sydney, used to get very poor download and upload speeds for example 2 Mbps download and 1mbps in greater Sydney . Currently in griffith city and get like 1.8mbps download speed. Do yourself a favour and spend a little more to get better internet.

Jo HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quick and effective

After seeing a number of negative reviews I think it only fair to share my positive experience. I received my SIM cards in a week (just before Christmas) and ported two numbers within 30 minutes from Vodafone to Kogan (same network so no coverage difference). I checked out some tips for porting online to make sure I was prepared (given I’d seen negative reviews), double checked my information and found the process very straight forward. I can’t rate the customer service as I didn’t need it (and suspect this is where most have difficulty).

Tony

Tony

Useless from the start

Purchased a plan on line
Went and purchased a sim card from United fuel
Tried to activate - would not
Called the kogan "Help"line and they did nothing to help.
Turns out we were sold a decommissioned card! and it was MY PROBLEM
I was expected to make a 2hour return trip to exchange the card
NEVER AGAIN

Selina Yang

Selina YangGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give 0 stars I could.

If I could give 0 stars I would. The service team was absolutely moronic. They don’t even know how to port my existing number. Do yourself a favour, Kogan mobile is not worth the amount of savings.

Kieran W.South East Queensland, QLD

cheap and nasty

Kieran W.

rest assured your useless....

Find out how Kogan Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Pathetic - product was not delivered. No response from customer service & no refund

2 x 365day SIM's weren't delivered. Sent enquiries on Kogan's website but no reply. Pathetic customer service. Paid over $400 for products that weren't delivered. Will never use KOGAN again!

GIM
GIM

I don't call 6 months a delay in delivery. And as stated I have tried contacting Kogan to resolve the issue (twice) but received no reply whatsover

Mixed messages sent by the customer service agents

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Simone
Simone

Thanks for reaching out.
Decided not to go ahead with Kogan.
Glad there are better and easier mobile sim card options out there.

No network when required

Highly unreliable...No network when needed, Frequently network down. I need to frequently switched off my mobile to use my phone. I missed so many calls as there is no network most of time. Should improve your network coverage. I don't recommend.

RossKogan

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.

Jack

JackCarlingford

No reception in buildings

I own a Samsung S20+ and S7
Wasn't able to use the data indoors and some rural areas.
Slow speeds even when 2 bars with 4G
Would not use again, moved back to Optus network

Cammie

CammieSydney, NSW

SCAM MONEY WHEN RECHARGING

I've been a customer at kogan mobile for quite a while. Lately when I recharge my plan, the app keeps saying "recharge unsuccessful" and charge for EVERY unsuccessful recharge attempt, which then would only work after i retry like 4 times. The charge is not that significant but i am very bothered because it happens almost every time i recharge my mobile plan. I contacted customer service and they said the money would be returned after 3-5 days but i've checked multiple times nothing was ever refunded. I am not happy with this.

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers