Kogan Mobile

Kogan Mobile (page 3 of 65)

No reception.... ridiculous!

I've been with kogan almost 2 years and I certainly won't be renewing! My network coverage is terrible, it constantly cuts out mid call and never appears to have reception majority of the time..... and we live in a metropolitan area? its ridiculous, and it worries me knowing that more unsuspecting customers are signing up for this! The customer service basically stated you haven't contacted us so there's no problem, but oh there's an upgrade happening in your area.... I felt like a criminal for reporting my issues.

douniwan h.

douniwan h.Sydney, NSW

worst customer service

I wish there is 0 star. I called them 5 mins before they close, the guy on the phone was very rush, didn't want to help or listen at all. When I asked for his name, he just hang up.

lovetotravel

lovetotravelSouth East Queensland, QLD

No good

I was with Kogan mobile for a at least a few months. Reception was not good. Worst is the auto recharge without my consent. I transferred to another mobile carrier a few days ago and i received a text advising my auto recharge was unsuccessful. It was unsuccessful because i warned my credit card company about their Kogan’s scam and not to authorize it, if i didn’t warned my c/c company, imagine Kogan charging me for a month even after i’ve switched mobile account carrier!
I won’t be going back to Kogan.

RossKogan

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.

What a scam

Sehwan K.
Sehwan K.

DamienNew South Wales

Poor Support, Poor Getting Started, Poor Coverage, Poor Documentation

Great price - but low price does NOT equal "value"... After using them for 3 years I got fed up with limitations of wanting extra data (very costly $$/GB), or wanting extra call inclusions for overseas (very costly!) I began looking at websites like WhistleOut (.com.au) which allow you to search for better inclusions and value. I ended up switching to Boost Mobile 365 plan and now have unlimited calls to 30 countries and then 2400 minutes of international calls per year! >>> GET BOOST MOBILE! <<<

Damien

Boost mobile = Telstra network and 10x more reliable!

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very easy process

Lucy

Lucy

great value for money

great value for money. reliable network. never experience drop outs.
data speed better than my home Optus NBA wifi.
only downside is very hard to get through to customer service support.

WarrenFar North Queensland, QLD

No customer service

Call kogan with an issue calling 1300 numbers and they first try to sell you an upgrade when you should be able to call it on the plane you already have. Then they send the problem to the service team and you are tall to call back in 3-24 hours and they might have a solution! I said why don't you call me and the reply was we just do it that way.
Guess when my plan runs out I won't be calling you back too.

Betty King

Betty KingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I thought you would charge every 30 days for the phone.

I was trying to navigate my phone account and pay. Found it difficult because I did not think I had to go to shop and buy the relevant phone card with a $2 card cost. None of this was explained. I thought you paid and each month the amount was deducted or you could go to your account and change your plan when and if required.

Find out how Kogan Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Almost 0 CS support; like an incomplete network to receive mgs from different service provider

My phone is having trouble to receive mgs since I transfer my network from Optus to Kogan. Had tested with few of my friends who use Telstra and I received no mgs from them. So I contacted Kogan's CS for solution but they just told me to check my settings, seem like they only knew how to repeat the 'model answer' from their screen. I had never had any problems when I was using Optus. Now still looking for solutions. Don't use their service even their offer is lower than the average in the market.

PaulyR

PaulyRSydney, NSW

Best pre-paid plans on the market

I have been on and off with Kogans SIM plans for a number of years as I take advantage of cheap offers for new customers with different providers but I am always happy to go back to Kogan. Porting my number has always been quick and easy and the network is reliable, they use Vodafone. Of the smaller providers I have been a customer with Catch and Exetel also but Kogan for me is better than these two for value and coverage. I find Vodafone is more reliable than Optus which is the network the other two companies use.

wwmzd

wwmzd

Great internet, no problems

Our internet was stable and strong, the message system was good, could use the hotspot without problems and the plans are great value. Would recommend them. They're products and online deals are also good.

Nure A.

Nure A.Sydney, NSW

Do not use kogan mobile, no support at all

I have been with kogan for about two years for my wife's phone. She uses two Sim cards so she forgot to recharge the simcard. I have been trying to login to the online portal, can't login. It says I have to contact kogan mobile.
Called kogan mobile few times, they have voice messege played and want me to go online and there is no email or enquiry form that I can submit to reach for service.

What a poor customer service. I am disgraced to be with kogan mobile. I would like to request everyone reading this not to go for koganmobile. They might be little cheaper than other carriers but if you have an issue, good luck solving it.

Sunshien

Terrible customer service - nO phone support

Give this company your money and don't expect them to resolve anything. In 2020, is it ok to have no customer support?

I heard they purchased Matt Blatt furniture, knowing this I would never buy Matt Blatt again either.

Sunshien

I have already with no reply. I cancelled my order within the period required and then this cancellation got refused. Corrupt money grab on your behalf. Frustrating to deal with - thats for sure.

varsha r.

varsha r.Sydney, NSW

Worst sim ever

This is the worst network i have ever seen. I would recommend people not to buy this sim. No customer care service for any issues. I regret so much buying kogan sim.

mark b.

mark b.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

WARNING..do not use credit cards with this mob

I bought a sim for my wife for $14 for 3 months using paypal (cheap deal to get you in)
When I tried to activate it they wanted a credit card number I was a bit weary but did it.
Was porting from another company and the porting failed as i put in the wrong birth date.
I then came to my senses and bailed and wrote the $14 off
To late they had my credit card details so without my permission or advising me gave me a new phone number and account number and proceeded to help them self's to my credit card.
This is theft I want my money back
Have lodged a dispute with the bank and had to cancel the card
Please refund my money you have stolen
attached is a photo of sim never used

Leigh W.

Leigh W.Far North Queensland, QLD

No customer service - don't port your number

As per the many other reviews here, tried to port my number over after seeing their 3hr turnaround statement on their website, but nothing is done & I have no phone service 36hr later. The generic reply emails are a joke & not worth anything. My previous carrier says they are just waiting on confirmation from Kogan of my details & it can be done.
Kogan are hiding behind "due to COVID-19...blah,blah" but you would think after 4 months, they would have that sorted.
My guess is they are just too tight to put any staff on to help their customers....and hence will LOSE their customers.
Steer clear!!!

mak

makMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lacks Customer Service

Took over 48 hours to port the number, and i had to call them back continuously even though was promised call backs.
Providers kept blaming each other & I had to make calls as both sides wouldnt even though both were aware of what we were doing.
And when we got to weekend they started using reduced workforce for Covid-19 as reason for delays.
Only just started term so hope remainder of term is troublefree as friend who put me on to yyhis said theyve had no issues so far.

Lesley

LesleySydney, NSW

365 day sim..

I joined Kogan mobile service 2 weeks ago. They ported my existing mobile number over within 1 hour or less.. I am so far happy with my mobile reception.. I do agree it is hard to get on to a customer service representative when needed.. And thus really is not good for the image of Kogan which is a shame... If you fill out your application online correctly there are no hiccups.. Good luck everyone.

Kogan mobile utterly hopeless

Further to my earlier comment. Over 20 emails since end April. 1 answered phone call, one which hung up. NO RESOLUTION. WORST COMPANY EVER. TIO HERE I COME. Numerous reference numbers, refund references etc. 44 minute call today hopeless.. NO customer service here

Tony
Tony

Your automated electronic response is not worth the paper it's written on. Please don't waste any more of my time.

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

mark almond
mark almond

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H
Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers