Kogan Mobile

Kogan Mobile (page 4 of 66)

Leigh W.

Leigh W.Far North Queensland, QLD

No customer service - don't port your number

As per the many other reviews here, tried to port my number over after seeing their 3hr turnaround statement on their website, but nothing is done & I have no phone service 36hr later. The generic reply emails are a joke & not worth anything. My previous carrier says they are just waiting on confirmation from Kogan of my details & it can be done.
Kogan are hiding behind "due to COVID-19...blah,blah" but you would think after 4 months, they would have that sorted.
My guess is they are just too tight to put any staff on to help their customers....and hence will LOSE their customers.
Steer clear!!!

mak

makMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lacks Customer Service

Took over 48 hours to port the number, and i had to call them back continuously even though was promised call backs.
Providers kept blaming each other & I had to make calls as both sides wouldnt even though both were aware of what we were doing.
And when we got to weekend they started using reduced workforce for Covid-19 as reason for delays.
Only just started term so hope remainder of term is troublefree as friend who put me on to yyhis said theyve had no issues so far.

Lesley

LesleySydney, NSW

365 day sim..

I joined Kogan mobile service 2 weeks ago. They ported my existing mobile number over within 1 hour or less.. I am so far happy with my mobile reception.. I do agree it is hard to get on to a customer service representative when needed.. And thus really is not good for the image of Kogan which is a shame... If you fill out your application online correctly there are no hiccups.. Good luck everyone.

Kogan mobile utterly hopeless

Further to my earlier comment. Over 20 emails since end April. 1 answered phone call, one which hung up. NO RESOLUTION. WORST COMPANY EVER. TIO HERE I COME. Numerous reference numbers, refund references etc. 44 minute call today hopeless.. NO customer service here

Tony
Tony

Your automated electronic response is not worth the paper it's written on. Please don't waste any more of my time.

This company will steal your money

This company will steal your money on a recharge.

They give a PIN number which does not work and the email reset does not work so they can charge your credit card every month. There is no way to contact them or opt out but to cancel your credit card. Shocking company practices

kathleen.wesley.7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Kogan mobile: impossible to cancel

kathleen.wesley.7

Thank you for the canned response. Covid-19 is no excuse for crappy service. Why is it that everyone else including Centrelink Vodafone Telstra are efficient except you.

B Nguyen

B NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value for money! Vodafone network coverage and roaming available.

As it uses the Vodafone coverage it is good, but I’ve experienced cut outs on calls with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Data works well and they now have international roaming for $5 which is easily purchased online. I used it in Korea and worked well.

MichaelSydney, NSW

Worse service!!!

I purchase a 3 months prepaid Kogan mobile and applied for a porting from my current mobile service. For unknown reason, it failed, an the sim I received was active and not working with 3 different handsets. I tried to call them to solve the problem, but never get a chance to put through to their service center. I tried to write down an email to their service team, it get back a useless crap. And the worse thing, in my Kogan mobile account, this 3 months mobile service is ticking everyday!
I can only say, that's the worse I have ever seen.

Michael

Thank you for your reply. As advised, I have fill out the form online and provided all information you needed. Just replace my SIM card please.

AndreasKatherine, NT

If I could, I would give Kogan mobile zero stars.

Downloads on Kogan are patchy. The phone I have constantly switches between 4g and 3g. I live with 1 km of the Vodafone tower. It's the network that's the problem. Also, the network is so poor I can't make quality phones calls inside. Don't pay for this cheap network. Pay a little more and get decent coverage. Kogan customer service are not helpful either. They put a barrier up to getting help by asking you for your Sim card number. As if I kept that! I want a refund, but getting through to Kogan has been impossible.

Andreas

Thanks, but that is not an answer. I give you negative stars for that one.

Tony D.

Tony D.Sydney, NSW

Poor customer service

I couldn’t get my number ported. After many emails over a week it could not be sorted. Although I tried to talk to someone there was no one available due to the covid virus situation. So after 8 days of emails going back and forward with no progress I had to ask for a refund. As a positive, they refunded my money. But I thought they would have tried to work it out and keep a valuable customer rather than simply refund the money.

B Nguyen

B NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value. Roaming offered.

They use the Vodafone network so coverage is good.
I have however experienced dropouts while on calls.
Data speeds is adequate. No issues.
They respond promptly to online enquires.
Good value if you pay upfront 12months. But be warned that if you recharge before your plan ends for the month you will lose it. I renewed my plan a month before it was due to end and lost that month.
I wouldn’t have recharged but I kept receiving emails reminding me to recharge. So be careful.

Charging me without informing me!

Kogan is not a reliable operator! I purchased a sim online, after activation and choosing an offered package for the first time, without saving any account number, they recharged the package, debited from my bank account without informing me! I didn't apply for that plan or any other plan, just paid the initial amount to allow me run the fresh sim!!!!!!!!!!!! I contacted them, after long waits, no reasonable response!

A E.
A E.

ShristiSydney, NSW

Mobile recharge refund

I had attempted to recharge my mobile via kogan app on 12april and didnot go through anf i thought it was my cards that had a problem. Both of my cards were charged and when called into customer care the lady said that will be refunded within 7 to 14 days. I just called in 5mins ago and the guy told me that back end needs to approve it. God this is the worst service ever. No way you vould email it or anything.

Shristi

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it and I have filled out the form and hope the issue is resolved.

quang

quangGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nasty, dodgy, horrible

I tried Kogan mobile network on a starter sim $5.90 and the porting was smooth. And exact one month later I was charged $49.90 for a month on a XL plan and got a receive sent straight to my face at the midnight. It was funny that I did not put autorecharge on the account but somehow Kogan well played to put it there and failed to show in any critical information summary or adversting page where I made the first purchase that they would do the autorecharge on my account.

My credit 5 years ago was charged about $1500 out of the blue by Kogan and their customer resolved well. I was refunded and it was no issue.

Feel like Kogan is going from hero to zero
Disappointed

DamienGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not join if you want to transfer your number

I have tried to transfer my number to Kogan as there was a great introductory offer.
After more than two weeks my number still hasn't been transferred and the number on the SIM card purchased doesn't work due the pending transfer, leaving me without service.
I have been in contact with the Kogan Mobile team every other day getting a response thanking me for my understanding and that the query had been escalated and should be resolved within 24 hours.
I then tried to cancel the port, with the response that this couldn't occur due to the pending transfer.
I have also contacted the previous carrier who have advise that the transfer hasn't even been requested.

Damien

Please do not reply with a generic answer.
If you had read the review, you would have commented on the constant contact with said help centre with no remediation. It's been "escalated" twice and yet I still have no service.

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

No service and no interest in anyone other than themselves

I have been waiting for over 4 weeks to have my phone plan set up, I have tried to call them several times but you are on hold for hours. I don't believe they ever answer the phone. I have been told in emails to be patient and that things would be done to fix the issues but they never follow through. They hide their incompetence behind excuses and hope you go away after frustration. I have asked for a refund and I have just got the run around. As soon as they get your money you will never get any service or goods in return.

Too little too late

Justin D.

Justin D.

Great stuff return customer

Bought a ready to esemble coffee table it was so easy to build . The instuctions were easy to follow was delivered on time and was every thing I expected have bought many items since great company fast and reliable.

Shane

Shane

Did not register properly in the website. Support was non existent, a complete waste of money.

A complete waste of money. The after sales support is non existent. The website to register the Sim did not work properly. Kogan is cheap for a reason, it is crap.

RossKogan

Had an issue with my recharge, they were so helpful

They responded to my issue quickly and went above and beyond to provide me with a solution. They were professional and ensured that I was satisfied. My expectations were exceeded. Thank you!

JackMount Coolum

The worst service I have ever had from a company

I have been waiting 10 days for Kogan to port my phone number and they still have done nothing to fix my issue.

other phone companies take 1 hour to do this

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

mark almond
mark almond

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H
Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers