Kogan Mobile

Eric

EricSydney, NSW

If you are super lucky, you can make and receive a call with Kogan Mobile network!!

Bought a 1 year plan in December 2020 and it took 5days to porting my number and could not make or receive calls.
Called customer service and the answer was that there is no problem with Kogan mobile network so go and ask a help to mobile phone company.
Previously with Optus and Aldi mobile had no issues with their sim/network.
The Kogan mobile is a problem!!!
Hopeless customer service.
The customer service can't do anything and they don't wanna do anything!

kevo

kevoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible connection with dropouts, not being able to call and slow internet.

My wife and I went on Kogan for two months now. It has been the worst experience with constant dropouts whilst on a call. In my office building in Melbourne's cbd I can't even get the internet to work.

The crappiest connection ever

I often have moments where my internet data will not load for an hour then it will come back, even though I have plenty of data left to use. The connection is not stable, the coverage is not great either. The only thing good about kogan is that it’s cheaper. Guess that’s why it’s so god damn bad.

Local Reception

I hate everything about Kogan

Absolutely no service couldn't make a call , a complete waste of money was able to call on previous provider and they lied said I would and was in reception zone then I looked on map showed I wasn't , the Kogan Agora xi phone is a pile of junk been nothing but trouble . Don't waste your money

LinY

LinYSydney, NSW

No signal. Whats the point??

Been using kogan for years. No problems. This year, I recharge for 365 days. No signal in the CBD all day or even on the way home (and I live an hour from the city). Recharged again for 30 days on the next product up, hoping for a signal boost. No luck. Very annoying when I have been applying for work and excepting recuiters to call. Switching to new provider!!! Dont waste your money with Koganmobile.

RossKogan

Most terrible customer service ever!! Customer service representatives very rude and won’t even listen to you. RUDE!!

Worst ever customer service! Asks information with a command! Don’t even know how to use Please. And won’t listen to you talking. Arrogant and Rude and don’t even admit when you raise this issue up! Full of excuses and and claims they don’t know what is polite and don’t know if they are polite or not!!??

Never ever ever recommend Kogan mobile to anyone on earth!

Terrible

I bought a mobile 1 year plan for my disabled daughter,the sim card stopped working in Dec ,I have tried to get a new sim,I am still waiting...STAY WELL CLEAR ,the customer service that hung up on me twice told me that the only thing I could do was walk me and my wheelchair bound child 16km's round trip to the nearest 7/11-Utd store and PAY for a new sim card...what service they give,top that with they just charged me $335 for a service they aren't supplying or fixing the issue...SCAMMERS

VOTE1 DickSmith

VOTE1 DickSmithRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Deceptive marketing

Have been with Kogan since 2016
have been using Kogan app from my mobile to recharge only to find out its cheaper for current users to purchase recharge from Kogan website $50 cheaper in my case (this is not for new users) that seems to be the convenience of using the Kogan app awesome.
Very deceptive marketing
On speaking to staff was as useless as the staff
I know this would not have happened with Dick Smith

Dishonest company.

I bought a phone from them and when brand new it was overheating which destroys the battery. They refused to replace it. I will never buy anything from them again.

The company is terrible

RossKogan

Thank you for the review and we’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience and hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies.

If you are able to provide your reference number, please do and we will get look into your case.

RossKogan

Really sorry to hear your situation and I really want to help you. Woul dyou have the reference number so I can escalate it with a resolution?

Waste of Kogan simcard

I bought a smartphone through Dick Smith and was asked to sign onto Kogan Mobile as part of the process. I declined but still received an unasked for simcard in the mail (after a few emails too reminding me of the fantastic deal I was missing out on). Very old-school, agressive marketing and a wasteful approach, being a progressive e-commerce player you would think they'd be more creative and permissive with their approach!

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
khalil.abukhadijeh.7

khalil.abukhadijeh.7Perth, Western Australia

Bad network and diversion problems

Every 2 days all incoming calls to my mobile get diverted to message bank or even told I was unavailable. I called several times and everytime I was told there is a glitch. That glitch became part of our daily ritual calling the centre to get it disabled. This is frustrating and will not be renewing my service with them again.

Butaiquan B.

Butaiquan B.Sydney, NSW

A proper invoice with GST included not available

It is okay to have a no GST invoice for the voucher purchase, I am not really happy to hear back from Kogan that they won't provide a GST included invoice even after you redeem the voucher.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

SK62Sydney, NSW

Pathetic Service

We had an account with Kogan from more than 2 years and now when we tried to opt out and move to another provider they rejected porting process with the reason that account is not available. If the account is not available, DOB is not correct how did the account get activated in the first? how were we able to recharge and use to date? when we tried to move out these are the silly reasons they are coming up. Customer service agent was rude and he talked as if he just woke up with my call and did not bother to check details second time. whatever i asked he would just say nothing.

Local Reception
SK62

No reference provided as customer service more interested in saying nothing rather than providing reference number. If you have different contact number other than the below number pls provide and I will contact. Thanks

RossKogan

I am really sorry to hear this as they should give you a reference number. As they don't have it, please message me privately to provide the details

Many thanks

Abhi A.Sydney, NSW

No network coverage and terrible customer service

Purchased a 12 month pre paid sim in December 2020 and immediately could not make or receive calls. Called their customer service 4 times in period of 2 weeks to try to resolve, was given and "investigation number" was sent a new sim card and no improvement. Previously with Optus and had no issues with their sim/network.
Finally tried to ask for refund and was told they could not offer full refund and person was very rude. No resolution to this point
Would be highly cautious of going with Kogan if you are considering it. Seems like I am not alone after reading other reviews. STAY AWAY!

RossKogan

I am sorry to hear the poor customer experience.

If you could send me your reference number, I will chase this up. We are doing everything possible that our customers receive best customer experience and solutions

Ivana

IvanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

the worst company and mobile provider

Network coverage is the worst! I have left stranded on the road 2,5 hours from Melbourne with three small kids in the car, I was stuck on the road in the night time with SOS showing on the phone luckily I manage to stop someone to help me, and their coverage was perfectly fine.
Most of the times it will show 3G or Roaming in towns but out on the road is the only SOS. Save your self-time with calling customer service and try to resolve and issue. I got two mobile accounts and lost almost $300 I hope someone will read this and change his mind in getting Kogan mobile plan.

Finn

FinnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Demanding emails

I renewed my mobile account but continue to get emails and SMSs from Kogan telling me the service will expire unless I extend the plan. I called Kogan and after a 30 minute wait was told that Kogan does not send out Kogan mobile emails. Go figure.

SmitaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

One of the worst companies I have dealt with.

Shawn

ShawnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Apology

Kogan website tells customers to go to United petrol station to pick up SIM card if you don't want to wait for delivery so I followed those instructions then card would not activate so I called Kogan they tell me I have an expired card there are no expiration dates on the card or packaging so how was I to know....if you don't want to get as aggravated as I was do what I do avoid Kogan like the plague.

ShopJock

ShopJockMelbourne

Exceptionally underwhelming data speeds

I used to be with Optus 4G and averaged download speeds of in excess of 100Mbps. Now with Kogan mobile on the Vodafone network, I’m getting a pathetic 1-2 Mbps. I know you get what you pay for. But still this is extremely disappointing and I’m stuck with them for a year.

RossKogan

Thanks for the review. W‍e’re so sorry this happened. If you give us a chance, we intend to make this right and hope that your experience will be changed in the future.

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

mark almond
mark almond

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H
Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers