Kogan Mobile

• Plan Type
  • Local Reception

GeeMid North Coast, NSW

Hopeless and inconsistent customer service

Gee

Kogan have failed to respond to query/complaint lodged via their web site or to this review. I think time has come for TIO to become involved.

Gee

The authorisation code given to transfer title was 26001671. The 3rd call centre person knew nothing of this number given to me the day (or 2) before by the 2nd call centre person.

Ryan M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Good value, sometimes ok but the internet is normally super ridiculously slow as in my avg download is less than 0.3mbps

4G coverage is really poor, often it uses the 3G network. Download speeds are really slow, same with upload and ping. Value is good but I can’t stand the speed.

mark almondSouthwest, VIC

Vodafone thru Kogan

I have a kogan mobile prepaid plan
Im in Geelong and the coverage at times here or anywhere else is poor
Most times its indicating half strength 4g
I make a call and 90% of the time it immediately drops to H or H1
People can't hear me and im continuously having to change position or location where I am to be heard
Service is poor

Local Reception
mark almond

So my complaint will fix it
So the many before have tried
Im heading somewhere else
Thanks for the advice

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

"Invalid Code" = You need to go to TIO

There is a Bug in Kogan Mobile's SIM card Activation system. If you get an "Invalid Code" error when trying to Recharge your new Kogan SIM, the ONLY way to fix this is to go to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. I have a speech disability and cannot call Kogan Mobile and they do not have email. So to fix this, I had to go to the TIO and it took 14 days, but it was fixed. Kogan needs to fix this bug on their systems ASAP!!!

John N.

LOL! You never gave a crap before, why would you care now? ROFL!

astaria g

astaria gGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good value, but hard to unsubscribe spam and bad support

Number was ported a few days ago. Still cannot make phone calls. Have checked the settings on my phone and everything looks good. Impossible to get any assistance from kogan in resolving this. I would give them 1 star, but once its resolved I am sure I will think its tolerable.

Shazza

Shazza

No customer service. 1300 help line is unattended. Extremely slow network.

Network is extremely slow and nothing can be downloaded. Buffering goes on and on. Newly bought SIM card from their website. Have tried multiple times on multiple days. Simply unreliable.

Help me please

My 86 year old mother has been on the help line for two days with no answer and hangs up after an hour.
Please help me the one time ID was incorrect and now nothing.
Account No 502983330

RossKogan

I have escalated this case and will ensure someone calls her ASAP

Zerowetaust
Zerowetaust

My mum can’t even send a text an you call my number 0411283680
I have called every day for last 5 days and no answer
Thamks

Quality has dropped over the years

RossKogan

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Mobile Support Team on 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset for assistance.

Awful network coverage

It took about 20 days and a follow up email to get my sim delivered. I jumped on a yearly plan, and the price is great, but travelling to the city, reception drops out frequently on the train. Streaming cannot be done reliably, and sometimes simple web pages can't be loaded. This network isn't reliable enough for me and I'm going back to a prior provider.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Your script doesn't make sense when applied here. I'm no longer a customer, and the issue is the weak network reception of kogan that made the year I was a customer consistently unpleasant.

moviemaker613Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very slow internet - heats up my phone

moviemaker613

How will the contact team provide assistance just by me calling? I don’t want to be wasting time on a phone call where they’ll pretty much only say there’s not much they can do about it

LucyQLD

LucyQLD

Yearly plan used to be great... now not!?

Went a whole year with Kogan Mobile, excellent service, 20gb data lasted us ages.. worked well for calls, text and data (including YouTube, Netflix etc). THEN my plan ran out so we chose a new yearly plan but with less data. Since rolling over internet barely works, texts dont send, cant make calls .. a lot! Only way to get them to work is to turn phone Airplane mode on/off to get the phone to connect to new tower. Happening on mine and husbands phone so we know it isnt the phone! I dont see why reception would be so different and internet capability so different just because we rolled from one plan to another.

RossKogan

Hi Lucy, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Anup S.

Anup S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Reliability and Accountability is a major issue

Always loved the 40 gb internet data sim. But lately all the sim that I bought at 3 stores and also from website came out faulty sim. Fraustration is you wait weeks for sim to be delivered and its faulty. Then you go to stores to buy another one, turns out faulty again, go to another store and faulty again. This is simply crap for you guys to sell faulty product, its a waste of peoples time. Now I have to fill the form for them to get them replaced/refund and wait another few weeks for delivery and you do not know if it will work, I doubt.

RossKogan

Seems to be good value plan, but service is rubbish

I tried to activate the service some time ago, but no luck. Contacted helpdesk, but they said I needed to contact a JP with a stat dec to access my account, and he couldn't help me. I tried logging on and got straight to my account. No help from help desk, and still can't get SIM to work.

moohooman

moohoomanNewcastle

It's Cheap but be careful

Hunter54998

Hunter54998Sydney, NSW

Bad Customer Service and Reception

Tried contacting Kogan Mobile to see if I could port my number to another service. They started asking why and I said, I do not like the service. They start going on about how it is bad and that "This is a concern" They didn't even answer my question. I will be moving my service to Boost Mobile as soon as my plan ends.

Let's hope they actually do port my number.

Prince X.

Prince X.Perth, WA

Kogan mobile data

It started great but nowadays internet has gotten very slow, even in the middle of Perth City! Slow enough to be unable to sustain a voice call on Facebook! Sadly I have taken a year worth of credit from them but do not intend to renew.

Local Reception
Kelly D

Kelly DAdelaide, South Australia

cheap but dodgy

Cheap prices but when you recharge your plan before the end date of your previous plan, your old plan is cancelled early so you lose your remaining value. Disappointing catch to an okay service.

RossKogan

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

In order to have this resolved it is best for you, kindly contact Kogan Mobile Team by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612.

Deejoanne

DeejoanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Samsung Mobile Imported Model

RossKogan

Cannot receive calls or make a call

Joe
Joe

Very bad coverage. Experienced frequent dropouts.

My only spare time to watch video is on the train to work but since I am with kogan it let me watch for 2minutes and stopped to load for 3minutes then able to watch for another 2minutes then loading screen again and again.... 4G?????

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
RossKogan

Hi Jenny, thank you for letting us know about your experience and I'm sorry to hear this.

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H
Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers