Kogan Mobile

Cammie

CammieSydney, NSW

SCAM MONEY WHEN RECHARGING

I've been a customer at kogan mobile for quite a while. Lately when I recharge my plan, the app keeps saying "recharge unsuccessful" and charge for EVERY unsuccessful recharge attempt, which then would only work after i retry like 4 times. The charge is not that significant but i am very bothered because it happens almost every time i recharge my mobile plan. I contacted customer service and they said the money would be returned after 3-5 days but i've checked multiple times nothing was ever refunded. I am not happy with this.

nuggrady

nuggradySydney, NSW

Kogan Mobile activation now fixed

To all my Friends on here who has had activation problems with their Kogan Mobile Phone activation is that I received a call 02 9015 3555 from a representative who has now fixed my problem. I did say there were other reviews on this forum who have similar problems to me as well. I think it was a Vodafone representative not a Kogan however the problem was fixed in minutes. I hope I have been able to help you with this advice. Cheers

megan.billington

megan.billington

You lose days on recharge

Uses the Vodafone network. Customer service is awful. On a year prepaid plan if you recharge before it expires it steals your paid days and starts again. While every other contract for a year lasts a year not Kogan. You just wait till it fully expires and recharge as otherwise as happened to us you lose whatever days left on your plan. Not like normal contracts ie insurance when it commences again from end date.
Poor customer service. No help at all for nuisance calls despite what their help section says they do nothing. Cheap, it works but no extras no customer help and watch the recharge.

Anijke

AnijkeGippsland, VIC

Not enough explanation

I wanted to choose another plan with Kogan and used the recharge within My Account for the first time. The last time I bought a new plan off the website and a voucher code was sent to use when I needed to recharge. Unfortunately using the recharge made the recharge happen IMMEDIATELY and so I lost 3/4 month of data from my current plan. There was no warning that this would be what happened with my selection. On ringing Kogan all they could do for me was to give me an extra 10 days on the 365 day plan I bought and an extra 1GB of data which is a lot less than what disappeared from my current plan. I had thought that using the recharge would create a voucher code m=for me to use when the I needed to recharge.

GreatViews

GreatViewsCanberra 2600, ACT

Kogan Mobile has changed over time (gone downhill)

Angelina

AngelinaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It was OK until you need to speak to Kogan

Network was not bad, but the customer service is awful. Auto recharged without my permission. The point is I'm already no longer with Kogan when Kogan charges my money. Rude assistance refused to solve this issue. Unsatisfied.

JeffLVictoria

Beaware when you recharge!

Recharging, IMMEDIATELY overwrites your existing plan, regardless of how long you have remaining. No warning, No indication on the website at all.

I rang them up after a recharge wiped out 23 days remaining on my previous prepaid plan.
They offered me 15 days back.

Not a huge deal, but still leaves a sour taste ...

JeffL

I haven’t been receiving any emails?

Great value but network keep dropping out

Great value on annual pre-paid but network is getting worse always drop down 0kb just reach up just kb/s can't enjoy much. Not even watch utube even on low resolutions. Will determine to other plan other network for sure.

Stephen J

Stephen JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Why have I downgraded my rating from 5 stars to 3?

Until today, 5 stars. They blew it with circular avoidance of Help. I wanted to know how to add (bolt-on) international call credit. But all links led, not to (Rome) an order screen, but to my account summary. Try getting Help to solve this one. It's web-based only, noone to talk to, you can leave a Request, perhaps they'll get back to you. Okay, when? It's certainly not live. So, when you really need Help, it's not there. Perhaps Kogan Mobile has become too big to give customer service, too greedy to employ staff to monitor phones.

John K

John KPerth, WA

Poor Service to floored agora 9 mobile

I purchases the new Kogan Agora 9 mobile which all works ok but there was a floor in the protective screen cover which I reported and communications went back and forward for several months when I was finally told I would have to send the the phone back which meant that I had no mobile which I must have at all times due to a medical condition I found the Kogan people either unable to understand my predicament or did not care.
Disappointing as I buy lots from Kogan as they are Australian but maybe in the future I will have to look overseas.
John Kean

Lilpill

Lilpill

If you recharge early they steal your remaining days.

MEI

MEI

Kogan, you really need to make a change

Reception issues lately

For past 10 months have not had any major issues, but last few weeks have had no reliable reception for days at a time, which is frustrating when live out of town and cannot make or receive calls or access data.

kfear

kfearSydney

I'm struggling

Just ported in a few days ago to a PrePaid plan from another bigger telco here in Aus. Same phone and same areas, the speed is really slow on occasions. For items to load like simple text it struggles like it is on dialup speeds. Speed test shows Ping 23ms, 87d/14u which is great but it really doesn't show when web browsing or even using Facebook. All maps show 4G coverage inside. Will see out the month and see how it goes, otherwise a port out is my only option

Eddie J

Eddie JSydney, NSW

good but

The line is ok , internet connection is not that great , but will do the job which is ok for me BUT the shocking fact that they dont support Esim is horrible ! am locked with them for one year now and I cant buy apple watch or anything because they are not up to date with the tech. Kogan please its 2018 and " we dont support this and that" is not good enough .. PLEASE solve this ASAP

Okina

OkinaMaleny

Customer service changed

Kogan had the best customer service while there was 'live chat'. Since it is no longer available and need to call, customer service no longer efficient. Without sounding judgemeantal etc it is hard to understand operator, not getting satisfactory answers and often just ending conversation from frustration of not getting anywhere. It is getting more and more like Telstra's customer service which I rate one of the worse. I would appreciate an acknowledgement of this feedback from you. Thanking you Aniko Nemeth

GwynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Current customers

I have been with Kogan mobile for approx one year and have found them to be very good. I would like to get my wife a prepaid sim also and was happy to hear that they were offering they’re medium 366 day plan (7 gig) on a buy one get one free sim offer. I was willing to go from my 90 day plan and pay the 365 day plan and get a free 365 day plan for my wife. When I phoned Kogan o was told that this is for New Customers Only. Why can’t Kogan look after they’re loyal customers instead of treating us with arrogant contempt. Doesn’t make you feel valued at all.

Gwyn

And your description of your team helped me ????

Tam

Tam

Good value & coverage. Ridiculous ID requirement

Wanted to joint for my kids prepaid, because there were several poor review about coverage I tried a 30 day first to check it worked well (which it did) but then could get another offer for 2nd child because I was now an existing customer. I’m not a customer, my kids are but has to go in my name as unlike other companies Kogan ID requirements mean you must be over 18. For a prepaid service that’s Ridiculous! You were getting two new sims to activate on a 12 month prepaid and because of this got 1 sim for 30 days only and we go back to vodaphone for a better family share deal. 3 seperate sims should be 3 seperate customers

TimMelbourne

Good price but not the best mobile coverage

Network/mobile coverage really varies, and can sometimes be unusable. It'll be great one day in a paritcular area - the next day, it won't!

It's still pretty good value though - when they increased the size of data downloads, they let me know and upgraded my data limits.

Tim

Thanks for that. I already checked that prior to getting kogan. It's mostly inner west Melbourne that causes the issue (noting that I didn't have the same issue when I was on Optus).

KYurt

KYurtSydney

Definitely issues with data tracking

I was previously on a 1.5GB a month plan and only once in 2 years did I exceed my data usage. I do not consider myself a heavy data user. In my first 2 months with Kogan with double the amount of data (3GB/month) I have exceeded my data in both months. Very interesting that I was just searching the web for issues and only a few comments below someone else is having the same issue. Kogan are great for pricing but there definitely seems to be something suspect about their data usage.

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

mark almond
mark almond

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H
Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers