Kogan Mobile

Katie

KatieQueensland

Definitely recommend. Good price, loads of data, easy to use.

I've been using the Kogan SMALL 365 days prepaid plan for years. The price goes up a little each year, but (usually) there's a corresponding increase in data allowance. They introduced the flex option last year, which is great - it's a similar price and means data I haven't used in a month rolls over.

I've never had any trouble with my sim card, account, or anything. Speed is almost always very good - no trouble watching videos. I have great reception in most areas (except for some spots on the train line, but that's more a Vodafone coverage issue than Kogan).

The app makes it super easy to quickly check how much data I have left and when my plan expires.

Local Reception
Matt M.

Matt M.Sydney, NSW

Excellent service!

Super budget mobile plan, especially during promotion buy 1 get 1 free!!!
Excellent customer service when calling, even went extra mile for replacing my expired voucher code when I forgot to recharge on time!

Great product covered !

glittergirl498

glittergirl498South East Queensland, QLD

Ive had for three years

i've had kogan mobile for three years, only had one drop out after three years and have never been jabbed with unexpected costs.

Speed is good and faster than my home wifi. Calls rarely drop out and connection is reliable.

Jo HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quick and effective

After seeing a number of negative reviews I think it only fair to share my positive experience. I received my SIM cards in a week (just before Christmas) and ported two numbers within 30 minutes from Vodafone to Kogan (same network so no coverage difference). I checked out some tips for porting online to make sure I was prepared (given I’d seen negative reviews), double checked my information and found the process very straight forward. I can’t rate the customer service as I didn’t need it (and suspect this is where most have difficulty).

Local Reception
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very easy process

Lucy

Lucy

great value for money

great value for money. reliable network. never experience drop outs.
data speed better than my home Optus NBA wifi.
only downside is very hard to get through to customer service support.

PaulyR

PaulyRSydney, NSW

Best pre-paid plans on the market

I have been on and off with Kogans SIM plans for a number of years as I take advantage of cheap offers for new customers with different providers but I am always happy to go back to Kogan. Porting my number has always been quick and easy and the network is reliable, they use Vodafone. Of the smaller providers I have been a customer with Catch and Exetel also but Kogan for me is better than these two for value and coverage. I find Vodafone is more reliable than Optus which is the network the other two companies use.

wwmzd

wwmzd

Great internet, no problems

Our internet was stable and strong, the message system was good, could use the hotspot without problems and the plans are great value. Would recommend them. They're products and online deals are also good.

Lesley

LesleySydney, NSW

365 day sim..

I joined Kogan mobile service 2 weeks ago. They ported my existing mobile number over within 1 hour or less.. I am so far happy with my mobile reception.. I do agree it is hard to get on to a customer service representative when needed.. And thus really is not good for the image of Kogan which is a shame... If you fill out your application online correctly there are no hiccups.. Good luck everyone.

B Nguyen

B NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value. Roaming offered.

They use the Vodafone network so coverage is good.
I have however experienced dropouts while on calls.
Data speeds is adequate. No issues.
They respond promptly to online enquires.
Good value if you pay upfront 12months. But be warned that if you recharge before your plan ends for the month you will lose it. I renewed my plan a month before it was due to end and lost that month.
I wouldn’t have recharged but I kept receiving emails reminding me to recharge. So be careful.

Justin D.

Justin D.

Great stuff return customer

Bought a ready to esemble coffee table it was so easy to build . The instuctions were easy to follow was delivered on time and was every thing I expected have bought many items since great company fast and reliable.

Had an issue with my recharge, they were so helpful

They responded to my issue quickly and went above and beyond to provide me with a solution. They were professional and ensured that I was satisfied. My expectations were exceeded. Thank you!

pollygoh2002

pollygoh2002

My son (not tech-minded) joined Kogan last week after years of problems with **** another mobile provider. His previous mobile provider would not help with any problems he had with his mobile. The main problem was switching to data when he arrived at work (after he had left home), plus many other problems. This should be automatic. I asked him to try Kogan after I tested their service for a month. Kogan's mobile service is set up the way it should be. Now my son is very happy after two years of problems with his previous provider. THANK YOU KOGAN.

Skj

SkjGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Value for money, great choices

I have been using Kogan mobile for the last 3-4 years and have absolutely no complaints. I always get a yearly plan with more then enough data. They are so much cheaper then all the big companies that try and get you into a 24 month plan. Less then $20 a month and I never run out of data. Happy customer

Nathan

Nathan

What a deal!!!

Been with them for over 2 years now. i get the 365 day plans. Lot of data so I never have to worry about going over limits.

Could improve some customer support but mind you don't really have to depend on support. Activate it and use it. Only time i had to call them was to organise porting the number accross.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Perfect

Been with kogan mobile few months had no problems so far good coverage. And use kogan for nbn and no problems great speeds. Got few of my friends and family with kogan.

Alex C.

Alex C.Gold Coast, Queensland

Cheap, reliable service!

Kogan is a great alternative to the money making monopoly telcos. It runs on the fast Vodafone network and is very affordable. 8GB data, unlimited texts and calls for $36!

Matty

MattyHunter Region, NSW

Great

Found out about kogan mobile pre paid on ebay the first month was only 2 bucks 40gig unlim calls text this was 3 years ago now i pay 230 for 1 year and it gives me 25gig unlim calls & text every month and the coverage is everywhere its similar to telstra.

Peter Wells

Peter WellsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy with my new phone

I was unsure about going with kogan as I usually go with the well known big guys but as kogan had a promotion on I decided to give them a try and am very happy with the mobile service I have.

The pre paid pack they had was very cheap and have had no issues with it.

Ivan M.

Ivan M.

Great service!

Great service, price and follow-ups. They managed my transfer to an upgraded plan and refunded me for the rest of my unused old plan perfectly, despite a complicated situation where my bank account needed to be updated!

Nak C.

Nak C.asked

Hi. If I use the number that comes with the sim card from Kogan, am I regard as "New Customer"? Can I use the voucher that says "New Customer Only"? I was told that I have to port an existing number from another carrier to be regarded as a new customer.

mark almond
mark almond

Forget kogan go with Aldi

Kogan
RossKogan

Hi Nak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please feel free to contact our Kogan Mobile Team for enquiries!

The best way to reach them is to call 12612 from your Kogan Mobile connected phone. Alternatively, you can also call them on 1300 056 426 from other devices.

The dedicated Kogan Mobile Customer Care team are available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to let us know.

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

I’m still waiting on my voucher code for 3 weeks now. Funds have been deducted out of my account but still no code has been sent. Have submitted enquires numerous times, since there is no contact number. I’m very frustrated as this is for my young daughters phone. I would like to know how I get a refund as I will not be using Kogan again as it is too difficult to get issues resolved in a adequate time frame.

cbuenc

cbuencasked

I just received the sms from kogan with the one-time code to port my number from another provider. Is there an expiry for this code? Can I wait until the end of the month to complete the porting?

Jo H

tbh I wouldn't have started the porting process until you were ready to follow through. I waited to activate my SIM until I was ready (and they gave me a month and a half to use the voucher). Why do you need to wait until the end of the month?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers