Kogan Multi-function Air Fryer KAMLTIAIRFRA

Kogan Multi-function Air Fryer KAMLTIAIRFRA (page 2 of 2)

MPN: KAMLTIAIRFRA

ok

always waned an air fryer but the big brand ones are too expensive. saw this in their web site and look good. have not used any air fryer before so cannot compare to other brands. this one works ok. not as easy and simple as i expected but still does the job.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Jas, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it should be pretty set-and-go, where isn't it as simple as you were expecting? Is it not as quick? There are some recipes included in the manual for reference which should give great results: https://assets.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KAMLTIAIRFRA-C.pdf

Great product, but not for chips

Really useful product however I have found I use it more for rehearing food than for frying. Cooking chips don't turn out nearly as good as if deep fried but any fried food put in here will come out like a fresh product. I use as a grill as well and grills food to perfection, much better than my oven grill although is smaller.

Also the air fryer is incredibly easy to clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Rhys, Thanks for the balanced feedback, glad to hear it's working well for you.

Good air frying function, bad rotisserie function

We bought from Kogan in August 2017 and even though the air fryer function still works fine, the rotisserie motor has stopped working and won’t rotate the chicken properly. Fair enough that Kogan will look at it and repair if you send it back but we can’t be without the air fryer as we use it every day. Also spent $170 on it and then a month later it is only about $120. Kogan could benefit with sending a new air fryer to us and then we can send the old unit back so they can see about fixing it. But seems to be more concern about profit over customer satisfaction which is typical of so many businesses these days. Have bought other products off Kogan before but now have bought another rotisserie locally so at least can take back to store and get replacement if need be.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Paul, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, that's disappointing to hear and we're sorry our Support team hasn't been able to better assist in this case. We strive to offer responsive and understanding service, even if the nature of online shopping means it won't be the same as if you do purchase from a physical store. Has the issue now been resolved? Could you advise your Support request number so we can follow this up?Hi there, After sending the air fryer back they informed me it would be a 2 week turn around. After 3 weeks of no response, I emailed and immediately another unit was dispatched and is on the way to me. I am not hopeful that the new air fryer will last longer as the rotisserie built in engine seems very small and not strong enough for a proper chicken. But we will send it back once again if it fails again. It would have been nice to have been offered a better unit with perhaps a stronger rotisserie engine built in. Also my return seemed to have been forgotten. There is a new air fryer on the way to me but I don’t think the issue has been resolved. Thanks.

Lovely chips.

Have use the air fryer twice now. Lack of instructions makes it hard to know if your using it properly. The chips and baked potatoes came out lovely but afraid to use it for anything else. Nothing on line to help. No videos accessible either. Once I get use to it I will cook more in it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Nes, Thanks for the review, there are recipes and detailed instructions in the user manual, which is available here: https://assets.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KAMLTIAIRFRA-C.pdf

Good, budget priced multifunction cooker/air fryer

I recently purchased this item online via Kogan.Com and I have to say its a really good product!. I have so far cooked four different meals in it, and have done so successfully each time. I like the fact that it has easy to use dials and an electronic timer and that it is easy to take apart and clean as well. I feel that the size is fine (5L) for one to two persons, but I imagine it might be a bit small for largish families. The outside stays relatively cool which also helps as being burnt or scorching the surface the cooker is resting on, is not what anyone wants. As far as I am concerned, if someone wants to purchase a budget priced (mid sized) multi-function cooker, then this is the item for them.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I have had slightly better for three times the price but this one wins out overall.

Pretty much meets all my expectations - easy to use, easy to clean, a little bulky for the amount it can cook in a single sitting but as long as one doesn't over-pack, it does a good job. My previous air fryer also moved the contents for better overall cooking ... as long as the contents did not jam or pile up over the edge. Overall, I am happy with this one and as long as it gives me a couple of years of regular use I won't be going back to the more expensive version I once owned.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Please retract this review - it was written for a different cooker - the one I actually bought from Kogan.

Good strong machine

Powerful machine - cooks many different foods quickly. Capicity is not big enough to cook family meals so need to cook in several batches which makes it time consuming. Lid is very heavy to take off and since it’s not attached needs extra bench space to put it down to check on food

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Just brilliant - So many options and the food is so yummy - I just live it

I would highly recommend this product and yes I am very satisfied with the cooking result of the food it is really yummy. Cleaning is so easy to do plus I have the fryer on display at all times as it is very stylish. Hap-Hap Happy days - Thank you Kogan.

Air Cooker

Excellent cooker, very quick from go to woe.
I cooked a medium chicken in 35 minutes then did the chips in the basket.
Had chicken and chips in an hour.
Did a small, one kilogram, port the same way with great results.
Very pleased with my purchase to date.
Price was very good too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Broke within the first week exposing live electrical wires!

In the week that it worked I cooked a rotisserie roast with vegetables, pies and chips, fried dim sims, chicken drumsticks, carrot chips, roasted nuts, and more.
I found the rotating cage quickly stained which worried me about its long term durability. However it was the plastic cover over the 240 volt electric connections falling off that had me making a warranty claim.
The claim is currently being processed by Kogan. As it failed within 14 days I expect to receive a new one. If I don't receive a new one or the new one also fails I will be sure to let you all know.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Eza, Thanks for your review. We're very sorry that your unit was received in a faulty condition. The vast majority of units work 100% fine, so it likely that this was just a once off unfortunate issue. If you need any updates on your warranty claim, please feel free to provide your order number and we'll get in touch.

love the air fryer BUT needs a decent cookbook

i really love the air fryer, but it lacks details about operating certain accessories etc. easy to clean, it really needs a good cookbook for this particular machine as the other type of airfryers with only a pull out drawer in them, found it hard to find out how long to roast raw veggies like pumpkin, sweet potatoes etc. rotiserie was good at cooking raw chicken

Disappointed

Great product but lacking in operating instructions and good cookbook would be helpful.
Downloaded the so called user manual and it said roast chicken 15 mins at 250C. Took over 40 mins to cook.
Doesnt say how to use the rotiserrie. A picture on how to use it would be helpful

Disappointed

I'm very upset with your lack of information on this product . I've no details on how to operate this air fryer. I purchased it last year and tried to use it and failed . I would have sent it back to you but my health hasn't allowed to do so.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi, Thank you for your review and we're sorry you've had a poor experience with this product. Our friendly Support team is available if you have any post-purchase inquiries. You can call us on 1300 304 292 or submit an online inquiry here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/complete_question/support/

Hard to tell at this stage

It arrived without any substantial recipe guidelines - I thought perhaps in this modern world, this info would be available on the Internet - on downloading suggested docs, no luck - there is no add on cookbook for sale with the product. I am still finding it difficult to find recipe / advanced instructions on the Internet / from Kogan. If I am wrong about this, I apologise, but at this stage I regret choosing this item because it is proving difficult to operate without product specific support...

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Fantastic

I have just recently purchased this product and at this stage I can say I am extremely pleased with it. I love the rotisserie and the chip basket.
I cooked a 1.8kg chicken on the rotisserie for 40 minutes on 250c and it came out perfect. Juicy and browned beautifully, looked exactly like I bought it at Coles or Woolworths but tasted even better! You could cook up stir fry veggies in the basket, prawns too. Shame it didn't come with a steak/fish basket or a perforated plate as it would have been even more perfect. Anyone wishing to purchase this product will love it. Would recommend it. I would post a photo of the chicken here if I could but there is no option for it...a shame!