Kogan Series 8 RU8510 (55")

Kogan Series 8 RU8510 (55")

MPN: KAQLED55RU8510STA

4K Ultra HD TVs Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of 4k ultra hd tv would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.9

• Picture Quality
  • Software
  • Sound Quality

Great purchase

First of all you will read a lot of reviews of people that wanted a 5000 dollar tv for 700. This Tv is great a few tweaks (change to vivid) and you get a great tv. For what you pay it’s amazing. Running my ps4 pro on it and no issues at all. Colours pop bright. Yes there is a little backlight bleed in the edges depending on what you your watching. Dont get this if you are looking for smart tv The option are limited. All in all very happy with what I bought

Purchased in April 2020 at Kogan.com for A$659.00.

Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a good enough TV, I probably won't buy it again

It is a bit pixellated, the TV, netflix and youtube work however it is a bit slow. I use the PS4 with it however the quality of the image isn't amazing.
It works but I think Ill have to replace it in 2 years

Purchased in October 2019 for A$440.00.

Sound Quality

Misleading and a big let down

Dear Mr Kogan, go into JB HI FI and look at a Samsung QLED- that's a real QLED, yours is not. People said to me, don't by a Kogan, I didn't listen, I just saw the price tag and believed. Now I could have bought a branded non qled smart tv at JB for pretty much the same price but much better. Not happy as I had it stored in anticipation of a house move and to be a surprise for my children.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$799.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how Kogan Series 8 RU8510 (55") compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Blie

BlieSydney, NSW

Worth the price

I need a smart tv - checked
I need it big enough to watch netflix - checked
I need it to be HD - checked
Not so expensive and i dont care about the brand and paying high price - checked

Purchased in April 2019.

Rockstar

RockstarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great quality at great price

Very happy with new purchase, quality picture and easy to navigate settings. Little disappointed on cheap remote and sound could have more bass.
Other than that, great tv for the price.

Purchased at Kogan for A$899.00.

Twobitbear

TwobitbearGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not overly happy

Backlight bleeds through screen from all corners. Took a fair bit of adjusting to get it semi nice. Has ghosting when playing video games. Can't read text when moving in-game

Purchased in August 2019 at Kogan for A$800.00.

Rob

RobHunter Region, NSW

QLED, I don't believe so

Washed out colors, poor Smart functions, lack of options. A cheap HDR knock off pretending to be something it isn't. Can't rename AV inputs, can't change contrast ot tone, dud

Purchased in August 2019 at Kogan.com for A$799.00.

John c

John casked

How do you get abc iview and sbs Ondemand working on a Kogan QLED 55" Smart HDR 4K UHD TV (Series 8, RU8510). The advertising says you can. I Can’t figure it out.

millerlj

My friend, the tv is a piece of crap I wish I had never bought. It’s not QLED at all. Get a refund while you can.

millerlj

You also can’t get any features outside of what it comes with.

millerlj

Oh and to the Kogan rep monitoring this answer, shame on your company for misrepresenting that it was a QLED challenger to Samsung, not even close.

Not only is it a poor imitation but I have to constantly reset the damn thing to watch Netflix.

Kim

Kimasked

I can't access Foxtel on the Kogan 50" Smart HDR 4K LED TV (Series 8 RU8010) I would have thought it would be as simple as just plugging in the HDMI cable or is there something else I need to do?

Harry G.

Harry G.asked

how do you install abc iview,sbs on demand,7plus,9now,10play apps

Christos M.
Christos M.

Have the same question cant seem to load any other apps with this model very disappointed considering other Kogan tvs can do this.

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives