Krix Neuphonix

Is a musical fidelity a5 CD power amp to powerful for these speakers

No not even close

Hi Troy,
Thanks for the response.
I actually have a pair of these speakers and have killed the tweeters in them.
They were returned to Krix for replacement and now when I up the volume the tweeters drop out, but return when the volume is turned down, it’s like a self protection?
Can you shed any light as to why this occurs.
Regards Brian

Troy71

They probably installed poly switches when they were returned- my neighbor blew the first set of tweeters out of his as well and returned for repair- he was running a digital rotel amp that put out over 500w/a Chanel , he’s seen the light since then and runs NAD gear - nad’s soft clipping works a treat when you need to really turn it up.
Don’t know if you’ve read my other post but I’m still running the same old amp to power the neuphonix’s - Musicality/ volume hard to beat.
I’d ring Krix and ask them directly

hendo the manasked

Neuphonix Mk1

Hi there my name damien im looking at purchasing a set of Krix neuphonix main speaker.im currently own krix lyrix which are amazing speakers however have been offered a great price for the old neuphonix .
I own a marantz sr7007 which is currently doing the job however im unsure if it will be suitable to drive these new speakers?if someone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it.

Troy71

Hi Damien your amp will definitely handle these speakers just depends on how your amp handles current at higher volumes..the neuphonix are amazing when fed well.

hendo the man

Hi troy! First of all thanks for the advise. I have not brought them yet however the price I've been offered is too good to refuse. I spoke with krix directly they think it should be ok however neuphonix require large amounts of power. Apparently I can always add a pre amplifier to drive them directly, the sr7007 can drive the remaining speakers. Does that sound correct to you?

Troy71

That's exactly how I set mine up to start with - had a middle of the range nad AV amp and used pre outs to a 150 watt nad 2 Chanel

Krix Neuphonix