KTM Enduro 500 EXC

KTM Enduro 500 EXC

See the Best Enduro Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

hahahahaha

Bought the 500excf and still can't get the smile off my face.
This thing is fast and pops wheelies in 4th on the dirt with ease.
I only trail ride, I don't race, but its very easy to throw around, its only about 105 kgs.
Since I nought it I have added a steering damper and the Tubliss tubes. Its very well made, but the maintenance levels are VERY often. I usually change the oil after 2 rides, it only takes a litre. The hardest part is getting the bash plate back on. Take about an hour to do the change with an oil filter. Oil is expensive.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

ready to race .(.back to the shop)

I paid 14 grand for the 500 in September 15. I spent a lot of time on line researching this bike and the best accessories and so on. So off with the plastic crap hand guards /bash plate/rad guards and on with some good gear. First five hours I spent sorting out the long flat spot in the throttle, constant flame outs, engine over heating and getting used to the engine noise (someone shaking a bag of hammers) steel clutch hub apparently. Ok exhaust unplugged, tps adjusted, valves adjusted, oil change. Antipollution stuff was removed by KTM before the bike was delivered. Ok, next five hours trail riding. Very good handling had a ball lots of fun. Bike does suffer from traction problems. The Husky 501 I've ridden is much better by far (has rear linkage) but all in all a very good ride. But that's where my KTM experience turned sour. A small oil gallery plug next to the exhaust outlet on the head came loose and annoyed oil out all over my motor and rear wheel (plug was completely stripped at the factory and just glued in with some kind of silicon). Thanks engine assembly dude! So of to my KTM shop in Maroochydore for some warranty work. In the end 9 weeks later I got it back leaking more oil than when it went in. It was obvious the work was not done by a tradesman. I spent 2 years saving every hard earned spare cent I got to buy this bike on the tools as a tradesman. I've ridden bikes for over 40 years and in that time travelled over 600,000 ks. Its just another dirt bike - don't get sucked in by the hype. my rides. postie bike, Honda 185 twobanger , bultaco Sherpa t 350 ,Yamaha it 465 and tt500, husky te450 ,wr 450 ,gs1000 gs1100g, gsx1400, ktm exc500 . 6000 km 2 year up date. had to fit an after market exhaust chose a akrapovic the bike breaths much better .no stalling more tork down low better traction .had the forks revalved at 1000ks by ffcr suspension at Maroochydore vast improvement 10 out of 10 for those guys .msc moto steering damper changed the hole dynamics of the bike these 3 affordable changes have made this bike vastly improved over the stranded bike .(ready to race ) what the hell are those guys on at ktm advertising department . the rims have to be replaced in the next 6 months they have corroded from the in side out and no beach work what happened to XL rims Mr ktm the bike is grate now but I still keep thinking about that beta 480 or maybe a ??

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Smoooooooooth.

Wow, 24 bikes now, this wins, very manageable power, a lot down low.
Will still transport easily.
Would not use it to grind out the K's touring.
As KTM marketing Dept. tots "Race Ready"
Good resail. KTM the bike deep down every body wants!!!
This is a 6 Day its hard to think how much better things can get........................but Honda never put a button on the XR 650R.
Ease , ridability.