Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kumho? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
  • Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Stephen H.
Stephen H.South East Queensland, QLD

Great tyre!

Amazing set of tyres! Perfect for on and off the road, have awesome road traction in the wet and can handle corners comfortably with no slide and the side wall protection prevents scuffs to rims.

Purchased in September 2019 at Tyrepower for $989.00.

fredlet02
fredlet02Gippsland, VIC

not a bad set of boots

yea not a bad set of boots when I bought me ole girl it had real rough country tyres cant remember what brand they were but shockingly noisy on a reguler road drive so i did a searching around & finished up with the kumho,s and they do their job reasonably well bush bashing may require a little bit of forethought but on the normal rd they r a dam side quieter than the originals & have never realy caused me any great bush bashin probs long an short quite pleased with them + they were quite a bit cheaper than a lot of the others

Carford courier xl 2.6 not a bad ole jigger long an short its made by mazda

Dan
DanMELBOURNE

Good tyre in all conditions

Had these on in 235/85R16 format for about 10,000 Klms. Have used them on road in the dry and wet, and off road down to 12PSI. I really can't fault them. They are quiet and perform well in all conditions. I have taken them over some rocky terrain and on the beach and they were fantastic. Good tyres at a very reasonable price.

CarMitsubishi triton
Hunting QuadPerth

Kumho AT KL78

Continuous 4WD owner for over 30yrs, these are Great tyres, best I've had on the Jeep, main standouts are they are also the quietest tyres I've had on it, and still with aggressive enough tread for the bush, and they brake well in the wet, I know other people say this is not true for them in the wet, but I suspect it could be their car not the tyres. Very Happy with off road, road, and wet, but mostly love that I can hardly hear them, and at half the price of the big brands. It would be hard getting me to go to something else.

CarJeep Grand Cherokee Larado with lift kit

John

Excellant tyre great value for money

Had my Kumho KL78 285 x 75 x 16 for over 4 yrs have done 94,000 km yes that's correct and they are about 5 mm off the wear indicators they have been excellent on my twin cab GQ patrol which constantly weighs over 2.5 t. Very quiet great in wet weather up here in the tropics good on gravel roads and on sand. They have been loosing a bit of grip in the wet for the past 10,000 km.probably due to hardening with age and being on a ute. Usually run around 40 - 42 psi.
Just an update 102,000km 4mm off wear indicators 8/05/2016.

Car1993 GQ patrol converted to a twin cab with chassis extension
GazzasbeesAnna Bay

Excellent 4 x 4 tyres

After years of using Toyos, which are good tyres, I recently purchased a set of Kuhmo Road Venture A/Ts in Light Truck format.As soon as I drove the Delica, I was astounded by the road noise, or rather, the total lack of it.
I live in a valley that gets pretty muddy and the Kuhmos perform very well in the slippery, slushy conditions here.I have tried them in soft sand, gravel and also in the wet on road.They perform really well on all of the surfaces I have mentioned.
I use the on road 4 wheel drive selection in my Delica in the wet and in sand, and the centre diff lock 4WD in mud.
Highly recommended tyres, It will be interesting to see the longevity of them as well.

Car2000 Mitsubishi Delica Super Exceed
Ben
BenBUNDAMBA

Good tyre life

Originally had 4 fitted. Was pretty lazy with getting them rotated. 3 tyres probably have another 10 000km left in them but 1 is down to the wear indicators.
80% on road and 20% hard offroad.
70 000km and ready to be changed.
For the price and milage im putting them back on.

CarPajero
ThommoAdelaide

A great tyre for the price

AndrewBrisbane

Great tyres!

I bought my 4x4 with these fitted and was skeptical as I didn't know the brand.
We went on a really long road trip a few weeks ago and they handled great. Low noise and good drip in dry and wet.
We went offroading this past weekend and they were taking me straight through where the guys with muddies were getting stuck.
I am totally impressed.

Find out how Kumho Road Venture AT KL78 compares to other 4WD Tyres

Premium tyre for budget price

I have had these tyres for 2 years now, and absolutely tested them to their limits on my old 2.8 Hilux, and I cannot find a single fault. They're quiet enough on road, unstoppable off road on beaches, sand dunes, general trails and the minor amout of mud my car sees. I go 4wding with a patrol on 35s and there's no where he can get grip where I cant. In comparison to the dualers a/ts my new car has the kumhos out perform them in every way for half the price, safe to say when it's time for wheel upgrades, this car will be seeing a set of kumho a/ts too

Dr Don
Dr DonEndeavour Hills

Quite a good tyre at an affordable price

I bought four 31x10.5x15 Road Venture tyres for my Nissan Pathfinder from Bob Jane Dandenog. They are pretty good on bitumen especially when dry and wet handling isn't too bad as well. Ride is pretty smooth and comfortable. I have done a few kilo meters off road as well. Can't complain about any thing. Although would like to test on sand and snow later. Finally I wouldn't expect any thing else for the price I paid, $ 165.00 each.

Happy

Picked up a set of these after using bridgestones. So far I am pretty happy with the tyre. Very quiet compared to my previous tyres and give better handling. Best part was I only paid $170/e at Bob Jane. Havnt had them long to test out how they wear but so far it is promising.
Value for money, Great general tyre

Satisfied so far
Satisfied so farCentral Coast

Good so Far

Coley83
Coley83AU

KL78 LT Construction

Running 275/65-18 in LT construction.
Paid $1700 for 5, fitted and balanced.
Used on daily driver and sticks to road wet or dry and reasonably well offroad too.
Have spent last 3 days driving on flooded roads and car didn't budge once at speeds of 50km/h. Not once did it aquaplane. Car also has Active Stability Control so helps out in the wet too.
So far done 10 000 km and tyres still look like new for around town/highway driving.
Great option for the price, Cooper was double the price and Kumho still gave me 90 000km warranty.
Chunky tread pattern, inexpensive, good wear
No white lettering in my size tyre

leno41
leno41hobart

great tyres

just had a set of kumho kl78s fitted to my 4runner.great tyre value for money.very impressed by the way they handled in the mud.they did a better job in the mud than another vehicle which had 35inch full mud tyres(I had to snatch his vehicle out twice).definitley look at buying another set later on.
value for money,great handling,great tyre for on/off road.
a little bit more road noise but that could be due to the block style tread pattern

Jezz c
Jezz casked

Are the AT KL78 a better tyre than the bridgestone 265/70 R16 LT tyre?

Gday Jezz,
Honestly I cant comment because I haven't used the Bridgestones.
All I can say positively is that they are holding up really well still and the road noise is almost non existent, Great grip and handling under every situation they have been through.

John

I don't know I have never used that tyre.

Hunting Quad

Yes, Yes, Yes, & Yes, I was running bridgestones, I was amazed at how much quieter the Jeep was after the Kumho's were fitted.

John W
John Wasked

Are these Kumho KL78 tiers still available now in 2015?

Thommo

They certainly are still available, I had to purchase another one this week when I destroyed one doing some very serious off road adventures (It was my poor judgement not the tyre!). I believe Kumho are about to release some new AT & MT Tyres though.

Andrew

Indeed they are. K-mart tyre places sell them. Their website is also great:http://kumho.com.au/m/cat-car-tyres.php?cat=63

Hunting Quad

Kmart still sell them 2016, and also guarantee to lowest price, just take proof of your best offer and they better it, how cool is that, mind you I the got other stuff done because I was there.

Category4WD Tyres