Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kumho? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3

Terrible

i have these brand new tyres fitted to a nissan patrol wagon and have tested them over 2 months. they are a waist off my hard earned money and would not buy or recommend them again.i don`t have enough money to replace them and fear for my life when it rains and can not lend my vehicle when it rains.at $230 a tyre they were way over priced for their performance.
    good tread depth,ok in dry conditions.
    these tyres are a death trap on wet tar.no control when cornering and spin when taking off.

Paddy11
    Paddy11

I also have them on a Nissan Patrol GQ and the back comes loose in the wet. Reasonable behavior on dry roads but slippery when wet.

leno41
    leno41

Shame they have the Kumho name

Replaced a set of Kumho Venture AT tyres with these. No where near the tyre we replaced. After 20000km replaced them with the original AT Kumho's we had on our ute. These KL78's are dangerous in the wet!!!!!

No grip in the wet, dangerous.....

Coley83
    Coley83

As far as the wet, have just spent 3 days driving in flooded conditions with water 200mm deep and car didn't budge. Very surprised, no aquaplaning

UKNZ
    UKNZ

Same!!...awesome tyres, very quiet, loads of grip.

Other 4WD Tyres

Jezz c
    Jezz casked

Are the AT KL78 a better tyre than the bridgestone 265/70 R16 LT tyre?

Gazzasbees
    Gazzasbees

Gday Jezz,
    Honestly I cant comment because I haven't used the Bridgestones.
    All I can say positively is that they are holding up really well still and the road noise is almost non existent, Great grip and handling under every situation they have been through.

John
    John

I don't know I have never used that tyre.

Hunting Quad

Yes, Yes, Yes, & Yes, I was running bridgestones, I was amazed at how much quieter the Jeep was after the Kumho's were fitted.

John W
    John Wasked

Are these Kumho KL78 tiers still available now in 2015?

Thommo
    Thommo

They certainly are still available, I had to purchase another one this week when I destroyed one doing some very serious off road adventures (It was my poor judgement not the tyre!). I believe Kumho are about to release some new AT & MT Tyres though.

Andrew
    Andrew

Indeed they are. K-mart tyre places sell them. Their website is also great:http://kumho.com.au/m/cat-car-tyres.php?cat=63

Hunting Quad

Kmart still sell them 2016, and also guarantee to lowest price, just take proof of your best offer and they better it, how cool is that, mind you I the got other stuff done because I was there.

Category4WD Tyres