Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kumho? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
    John

Excellant tyre great value for money

Had my Kumho KL78 285 x 75 x 16 for over 4 yrs have done 94,000 km yes that's correct and they are about 5 mm off the wear indicators they have been excellent on my twin cab GQ patrol which constantly weighs over 2.5 t. Very quiet great in wet weather up here in the tropics good on gravel roads and on sand. They have been loosing a bit of grip in the wet for the past 10,000 km.probably due to hardening with age and being on a ute. Usually run around 40 - 42 psi.
    Just an update 102,000km 4mm off wear indicators 8/05/2016.

Car1993 GQ patrol converted to a twin cab with chassis extension
    Ben
    BenBUNDAMBA

Good tyre life

Originally had 4 fitted. Was pretty lazy with getting them rotated. 3 tyres probably have another 10 000km left in them but 1 is down to the wear indicators.
    80% on road and 20% hard offroad.
    70 000km and ready to be changed.
    For the price and milage im putting them back on.

CarPajero

Other 4WD Tyres

ThommoAdelaide

A great tyre for the price

Satisfied so far
    Satisfied so farCentral Coast

Good so Far

4WD Tyres

Find out how Kumho Road Venture AT KL78 compares to other 4WD Tyres

Good tyre for the price

Pajero, 235/85 16 LT "10 ply" tyres, no abs or traction control except the right foot.
    Various trips including NT, corner country and the flinders.
    Have done 365,000k in this car, and various makes of tyres (about 4 before kumho), and these are the only ones I have gone to a 2nd set. No they are not perfect, no AT tyre is. But good average traction on bitumen (wet and dry) and in the rough. Air down well for sand. Play the pressures to suit the conditions. Do squeal a bit when pushed hard on dry bitumen, but at that stage the 85 series are tucking under.
    Good all round tyre for a good price.
    Treads blocks do squirm a bit on bitumen when pushed.

Priced well, wearing a bit quick though.

Bought a set of 31 x 10.5r x 15`s.
    total cost was $750 for 5.
    Did a big trip across the top of Australia though kimberlies Kakadu Plenty hwy and hwy use.
    only done 20000k`s and they look a fair bit worn. Rotated twice in that time.
    no flats over some real rough roads and towed a heavy trailer and fully loaded Ford Ranger dual cab.
    I have one new spare remaining so I'll proberly buy another 4 before the next trip at the end of this year.
    A budget tyre that messes it up with the $300 plus tyres. others are well over priced I think.
    Price A/T tread
    wear a bit quick

Coley83
    Coley83

Jezz c
    Jezz casked

Are the AT KL78 a better tyre than the bridgestone 265/70 R16 LT tyre?

Gazzasbees
    Gazzasbees

Gday Jezz,
    Honestly I cant comment because I haven't used the Bridgestones.
    All I can say positively is that they are holding up really well still and the road noise is almost non existent, Great grip and handling under every situation they have been through.

John

I don't know I have never used that tyre.

Hunting Quad

Yes, Yes, Yes, & Yes, I was running bridgestones, I was amazed at how much quieter the Jeep was after the Kumho's were fitted.

John W
    John Wasked

Are these Kumho KL78 tiers still available now in 2015?

Thommo

They certainly are still available, I had to purchase another one this week when I destroyed one doing some very serious off road adventures (It was my poor judgement not the tyre!). I believe Kumho are about to release some new AT & MT Tyres though.

Andrew
    Andrew

Indeed they are. K-mart tyre places sell them. Their website is also great:http://kumho.com.au/m/cat-car-tyres.php?cat=63

Hunting Quad

Kmart still sell them 2016, and also guarantee to lowest price, just take proof of your best offer and they better it, how cool is that, mind you I the got other stuff done because I was there.

Category4WD Tyres