Kumho Ecsta LX KU27

Kumho Ecsta LX KU27

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kumho

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Lex D
Lex DSydney, NSW

Outdid any expectations, so am writing a review

You'd think generally speaking a tyre is a tyre. I did. However I got these fitted (primarily because there was a special 3 for 4 at a nearby centre on the Kumho range). Didn't really think I would be impressed so much to jump back online and review a tyre, but here I am. Why?
The quietness really exceeded my expectations. I have a Subaru xv. The tyres it came with were fine, lasted 5 years/40,000 kms. But once getting the KU27's on, i realised how noisy the old ones were. Both rolling on the freeway, and even simply turning corners in carparks!
Have also had a drive in the wet and they handled well, which I would expect from a premium tyre.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kays Discount Tyres for $580.

Mark
MarkSydney

Khumo KU27

I fitted these to a VE Commodore, 245/45/18. I do roughly 100000kms a year so go through some tyres. I rate the KU27 better than a lot of high end tyres I have used before. Durable, incredibly quiet and comfortable good for more than 100000kms. They are the best passenger car tyre I have used. I paid $140 a tyre on sale compared to a $250 Bridgestone, lasted twice as long and I could not believe how much quieter. I would highly recommend them on any passenger car. I'm not generally a review writer but really did rate these tyres.

Car2010 VE Commodore

225/60R16 KU27

Simply a brilliant tyre

I have just replaced a set of 225-50x18's on my Toyota Aurion that have done 50,000k and there was probably a few more k's left in them. They have been the best tyre I have ever run on any car I have owned.
They are quiet, comfortable, long wearing and handle extremely well on front wheel drive vehicles.
I cannont rate them high enough....you just need a set.

John Titus
John Titus

Unfortunately they do not make their this tyre in my size anymore so I tried a set of Nitto 860's and I think they are probably a better tyre than the Khumho especially in the wet.
Tyre life remains to be seen.

Passenger Tyres

Find out how Kumho Ecsta LX KU27 compares to other Passenger Tyres

brilliant tyre.
I put two on the front of a 2003 camry in early 2010 (replaced the dunlop sp300), and immediately noticed the difference. Quieter, more stable, beautiful to drive on wet or dry. I have been told to expect a life of around 50-60'000kms!

The Dunlops were terrible by comparison.

I have Pirelli P6's on the rear. The Pirelli's have better grip than both the Dunlops & Kumho's, but use a softer compound to achieve this - hence a shorter life.
When they wear, i'll be replacing them with Kumho ku27's!
Very quiet, stable on road, excellent all round performance in wet & dry, very reasonable price

radwon
radwonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great tyre, amazing price!

DON18
DON18

Do you still have KU27? How good are they in Wet/Dry, I'm assuming will be close or same as KU31.

Nick39