4.4

Dry Weather Handling

graemeblore
graemebloreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

VERY poor mileage

Quite good all weather handling, & reasonably quiet. I was very surprised and disappointed with their rapid wear though.
We had only driven 33,000 k's on them; mostly freeways and major arterial roads, in a normal suburban wagon. Would NOT recommend. Show details
Overall
Functionality
Jake C.
Jake C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Good budget alternative

Had the Bridgestone potenza S001 on my Renault Megane and wore them down to the thread so needed a quick and cheap alternative to get me through to selling. The kumho tyres I bought off tyresales where nearly half the price of new Bridgestones and they gripped well in comparison. However to pin point and be a little more specific you could feel slightly more bounce and more flexibility in the side walls when taking corners faster which can then doesnt allow for a loss of traction when sometimes needed. After pushing the kumho tyres and the car around the great alpine road already it looked like they wore out quite significantly. But overall a good cheaper alternative than whats recommended. Show details
Overall
Functionality
Michael L.
Michael L.Sydney, NSW9 posts

Fantastic Bang for Your Buck Tyres

Have used KU39's on two of my cars now. My 2014 Golf GTI had Continentals on which were soft and wore out in about 10,000km. I chose KU39's to replace them and for the next 35,000km they were a dream. Firm but with great traction and excellent (low) wear. I sold the car at 45,000km And they were still good for another 10,000km at least.

so when it came time to get new tyres for my 2017 Skoda Octavia RS, these were my go-to. Have worked just as well on the Octavia. would highly recommend them to anyone.

ReviewMirror
ReviewMirrorPerth, WA78 posts

Quiet, High Quality Tyres

The first thing we noticed is how quiet these tyres are - far more quieter than the stock ones that came new with the car.

The handling is also noticeably better - the car just grips so well to the ground in all conditions. Turning, breaking, etc. all seems improved since the change.

We also got these on a great sale price, so they were value for money for the quality tyres. We recommend these but at a sale price if you find it; we wouldn't have bought them without the discount.

Ben2 posts

Immediate improvement noticed

235/45/R17 - Volvo 2012 V60

I had some Firestones on my car when i purchased it 2nd had late last year. I had the Kuhmo KU39 fitted this week after reading reviews from this site and the overall good responses. I went through Tyre Sales for the purchase.

The immediate difference with the handling, grip, tyre noise, feedback and straight line rolling has truly amazed me and the car is more of a pleasure to drive with these tires on. I'm not a tire geek and i generally don't get on the keyboard to complete feedback like this, but my first impressions of this tire are that good, i felt obliged. Time will tell with their durability / longevity.

GrantSylvania6 posts

Very good in wet and dry. I will definitely get them again

Very good in wet and dry will definitely get them again.

Great in cornering too.

Very little road noise. They hold tight in cornering .steering is precise.

Get good ware and smooth ride. As good as any other tire on the market. Will definitely get them again. Not too expensive as other brands

badabingfc
badabingfcCamden Park4 posts

Great tyres, good deal

Snapped up a bargain via tyresales.com.au, great tyres by a reputable manufacturer, good grip, pretty quiet, easy to handle. looking schmick on the car. Enjoyed the free roadside assistance offer too, can see myself staying loyal to Kumho for a long time. Very good product and very happy to recommend!

Ruchira
RuchiraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Excellent grip plus great pricing

I bought 4 tyres for around $347 on Ebay and for the price I cant recommend these enough. I have done around 20000kms on my BA Falcon since I got these and tyres are well worn and about 3/4 threads still there. Grip in rainy conditions seems really good. I believe this is one of the best mid range tyres available.

trees
treesWOONGARRAH2 posts

great tyres

60000km and still like new ,quiet excellent grip both in the wet and dry $ 800 fitted for a set . excellent tyre for city and country driving hand downs better the than all other tyre in rating 225 r17 50. i have had Dunlop 45000km and Bridgestone 30000km.no increase in fuel usage

Anthony
Anthony

Best feet for my MINI

To all MINI drivers these are by a country mile the BEST tyres I have ever fitted to my Cooper S. So good I have just put on my second set. Very much recommend these. Great in wet. Stable at speed.I have used Yokohama Pirelli and Continentals before finding these gems.

cutefruit
cutefruitSydney6 posts

Kumho Ecsta Le Sport

have replaced my original Bridgestone Turanza with Kumho and i cant be more satisfied. Spent less than $800 for 4 tyres compared to $1,200 if I chose the original Bridgestone. Noise, handling and better traction in my opinion compared to turanza especially in the wet. The bridgestion though feels like it has longer rolling distance but i think thats also because its a little harder than the Kumho. have only had the tyre since November 2017 so can't comment on Km performance. Great buy so far, if it lasts more than 50,000km, i will rate it 5 stars

Jay S.
Jay S.Sydney2 posts

Fred
FredCobram14 posts

Great tyres

Got these tyres On my Ford focus titanium to replace the original Michelin Sports 3 which were noisy, these tyres are cheaper , preform as well but much quieter than the original tyres, very happy overall. Seem to be good in both wet and dry, will see how many KMS i get out them over the next few years, managed to get 35000 out of the original so hoping i get more out of these Kuhmos.

Louis T
Louis TAU6 posts

Quite good tyres

I bought two of these tyres about 11 months ago. I am very pleased with these tyres especially considering how much cheaper they are than Continental. Dry/Wet grip far exceeds the limits to which I am prepared to push my car. Noise levels are very good.

I cannot think of any negatives with these tyres. Of course I have only been running them for just nearly one year so my view is a relatively short term. Not much wear apparent as yet.They represent excellent value for money. I will definitely buy again.

SirCam
SirCamSydney11 posts

Good bang for buck

Using these on my FPV Typhoon and they're great. I rarely break traction when taking off from a standstill and they're pretty good in the wet too. If you flat floot it in the wet, then yes they will break traction but for everyday street driving they are excellent. Good value for money when you want decent tyres, but don't want to shell out of Potenzas, Pilot Sports or P-Zeros.