Kumho Solus HS51

Kumho Solus HS51

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kumho? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.2
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
KW Chan
KW ChanSydney, NSW

Good quality tyre at an affordable price

Bought this tyre as a replacement to one of my punctured tyre on a bad luck day.
It is the exact same brand and model as the original one that is provided with my KIA Cerato Sports+.
Sleek and sporty look, with good drip on normal days. Glides easily on wet days from stationary to acceleration position on slopes but not a big deal.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Kathryn Barry
Kathryn BarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great tyres at great price

These tyres were suggested to me for my Audi TT .. after doing some research and then I spoke to various tyre companies and they also highly recommended them ..
-They are quiet
-They hold so well to road in wet -conditions
-They look good
-And the price very reasonable in comparison to rival tyre brands

Purchased in July 2019.

Rob
Rob

Wonderful Tyre in all aspects 215/60R16

Recently had a set of 4 Kumho HS51’s (215/60R16) fitted to my 2005 WL Holden Statesman. I had been running Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus and these Kumhos feel better in every way. I have already experienced Nearly 40 degree days with them & also pouring rain! They handle extremely well in the Dry and Wet! I live in the Adelaide Hills so good Tyres are essential. Road noise is non existent, Braking power is fantastic too. Highly recommend these Tyres, will be buying them again for sure.

Car2005 WL Holden Statesman V8
Luc
LucNewcastle NSW Australia

Kumho Solus HS51 connects car to road with complete confidence

Car2012 Subaru Forester XT Premium

wj66
wj66Central Coast

Great tyres

Got at great price via kmart tyres price matched tyresales. Good in wet and dry and quiet.
Early days but so far seem solid and happy to reccomend. Too early to tell on longevity.

Kmart were good also. Other kumhos i have had have been good also. Worth a try if the price is right.

CarKia optima
EZIcash.........NOT
EZIcash.........NOTBURWOOD

Excellent tyre KUMHO Solus HS51 as good as Michelin Pilot SuperSports without the 'Price'-y tag

Excellent tyre as good as Michelin PILOT SuperSports without the 'Price'-y tag. need to save and still have a smile on your face in regards to Tyres on your ride, i have had Pirelli and Michelins on my small sportscombi and having only front wheel drive good tyres are a must have, just fitted KUMHO Solus HS51, 215/50 R17 95W to my SAAB 9-3 SportCombi and it drives so smooth and quite and corners like on rails, breaking in both wet and loose surface is true stopping in a phrase 'Love to drive' on these tyres they are super safe .

Car2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi
Brad E
Brad EPerth, WA

Excellent all round tyres

Needed to replace some Bridgestone tyres which I wasn't happy with. Did not want them again as too pricey and not good value for money. Had Kumho recommended by a few colleagues so spoke to a few tyre places. Kumho did come recommended by all. Decided to take the plunge and purchase.

These tyres are very durable, handle great for a front wheel manual vehicle and solid in the wet. Still.slides a bit in the wet but far better than Bridgestone. Would recommend to others as a good value tyre and very well priced for quality

CarToyota corolla
Dalek007
Dalek007Sydney

HS51 225/60/15 - Poor road feel with a heavy car.

These tyres replaced a set of Yoko C-Drive2 that had served very well for some 6 years (the car does very little mileage - tyres replaced due to age not wear!) These Kumho HS51's look good, but don't suit my vehicle! Not the best steering response. They may be causing slightly higher fuel consumption than previously. On a positive note, they do feel to have "good" grip (braking/cornering).
Conclusion: the tyre side-walls are too "soft" and not suitable for my large/heavy car and driving style (i.e. would explain my issue with road feel).

CarFord Falcon AU 1999.

Greg R
Greg RWollongong

205/45/R/16

I had to get tyres as my rego was due and my car failed the RTA rego check. My car was at Kmart so I took whatever tyres they had that would fit. My car has alloy wheels and The Kumho's were $120 each. I needed two. I don't notice how great these tyres are but I do notice that every '205/45/R/16' tyre I have had on my car wears out quickly and these are no exception. I may get 10,000 - 15,000 if I'm lucky.

CarHyundai Getz

Dale
DalePerth

Good tyre but not fuel friendly

Purchased for $600.00.

FrogAdams
FrogAdamsGrafton

Good tyre

I find these tyres very low on road noise with exceptional wet weather grip... I thoroughly recommend them to anyone especially anyone wanting grip security in the wet. Especially when family safety is the main concern. Only fault I find is a soft side wall. I am now approaching 60,000km and still have legal tread.

Car1999 Toyota Corolla Seca AE101

kc_ksom
kc_ksomBrisbane

215/55/17 Kumho Solus HS51

Car2011 Honda Odyysey

T.N
T.NAct

Good value. 195/50 r15 on a vw up

Got 4 fitted and balance at bob Jane for $95 each for 195/50 r15, I think these tyres are excellent value for money and defiantly punches above its price. Will buy again

+ good grip, good every day tyre, don't squeal much when pushed, I've done ~50,000km, 70% highway 30% spirited driving in the city with a lot of roundabout and still have 30% tread left

Note: does not have a rim Gard, no comment on road nose other then its not loud it enough to anoy me.

- not much at this price

CarVw up
Have been educated Now
Have been educated NowBallarat

Excellent value for money!

Had these put on my MC Mondeo as a replacement for the OEM Continental tyres, I have gotten about 45000kms out of them and they are due for a change. Perhaps a bit soft, but happy to compromise on wear if that gives additional traction. They are not too noisy when the wheels are well aligned else they scream, as I found out upon visiting KTAS.

Had them installed at KTAS and have had a good run with them, perhaps my bad luck but two punctures in two tyres requiring replacements. Not sure if that is an issue with build quality or that its soft, or that its just bad luck.

Overall I would consider using them again.

Car2012 MC Mondeo Zetec TDCI Hatch

Very quiet and responsive tyre.

CarHonda City