Laithwaite's Wine People

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (576)
Rob

RobMid North Coast, NSW

Quality wines reasonable prices

Happy with every case I have received. A suggestion that the gimmicks ( coffee table, glasses etc) are a waste of time. I would rather have cheaper wine and zero delivery cost

Vass Anastasiou

Vass AnastasiouSydney, NSW

Consistently great wines. Good value.

Very happy with the range of wine offered which are reasonably priced. Great specials offered regularly. We have been receiving Laithwaite wines for 5 years and are very happy with the quality and service.

bibliophile

bibliophileWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Terrific selections

I have found most of the wines I have bought to have been accurately described, and good value. On the very odd occasion a wine has not been to my taste, it has been replaced immediately.
Delivery has usually been very prompt although I live rurally.

Taffy Marsden

Taffy MarsdenSydney, NSW

Excellent range and prices

I still view email promos from other wine companies but this is now the only one I buy from. Interesting range, mostly labels is don’t know, and excellent pricing. Good guarantee (no charge if you don’t like) and although a few have been of lesser quality they have not been so to such an extent that I would act on the guarantee.

Review collected in partnership with Laithwaite's Wine People

Great service and great reds.

I like the variety and the price of the cases I receive. I also like the fact that the wine is delivered to my front door.

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

Excellent Way to shop for wine

The wine people always have a great selection of wine offers to chose from; both domestic and imported varieties. Their prices are very competitive and placing an order is easy and the delivery service is excellent.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello, thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you have been enjoying our wine offers and found the order process easy. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Good quality wine

I am enjoying my order- the Cabernets and Merlots, have a nice smooth taste. I was sent a varied selection of wines, and am pleased with them. However, i specifically asked not to send bottles with corks, but i have seen that so far two bottles are with corks. Hard to open.

Brian Lubotzky
Brian Lubotzky

As i have said, I asked for bottles with no corks prior to placing the order-see my comment above!

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello. I have sent you a private message so we can resolve this to your satisfaction.

Liz Atkins

Liz AtkinsSydney, NSW

Great way to buy wine

Knowledgeable sellers of excellent wine. Great special offers on premium wines. Personalised service through a broker if you want it.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello, thank you for your positive review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our specials offers on premium wines. Our Personal Wine Advisors are a very knowledgeable team and will be happy to hear this.

Better information

Wine producers often fail to provide useful (or any) information on the back label. This should include varieties, regions and either drink by dates "...now..." "...in the short term..." "...best before 2024..." or "...cellar 5-10 years..." Since winemakers seldom provide this Laithwaite's should include it in tasting notes.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello, thank you for your review. Our wines accolades and drink by dates are displayed on our website. If you like to find out more information on our wines, you are more than welcome to contact our Customer Service.

Ian

Ian

Interesting offer

Will be able to say more when I have actually tried the wines. Surveys like this are pointless so soon after purchase

So disorganised

Ordered with enough time for Christmas. Slow dispatch. Confirmed redirect, never processed. Left without Christmas gifts. Poor service. Never again.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had receiving your wines and contacting us. We have sent a private message so we may resolve this issue for you.
Kind Regards

A very good alternative

Everyone has different tastes when it comes to wines! Laithwaites have a good mid range selection of wines both red and white. Some excellent and some ordinary but overall good value for money. That is why I am a member!

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our wide selections on wines. We feel 100% confident that our wines are of the highest quality and best value for money

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Warning - Charge Credit Card without Authority

Beware of this organisation, once they have your personal and card details they automatically charge your card and send wine every 3 months. I had to dispute the unauthorised transaction with my bank and cancel the card to prevent this re-occurring every 3 months. Clear contravention of Australian Consumer Law s.18(1), deceptive and misleading conduct. I have referred them to the ACCC.

Consumer

ConsumerHunter Region, NSW

Very nice wines

Not much risk here - if you don’t likes particular bottle they will replace it without fuss, which I have done once or twice. Good value overall

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello, thankyou for your review. We are happy to hear you have been enjoying our wines and have been able to take advantage of our 100% guarantee with such ease. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

peterHobart, TAS

Virgin Velocity Laithwaites

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hi Peter, we are sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. We have sent you a private message and look forward to resolving this for you.

peter

Don't bother thanks. The way I was treated will ensure I never order with you guys again as I have better things to do with my life .

Find out how Laithwaite's Wine People compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

great wines, delivered on time for a good price

We have enjoyed all the wines we've tried so far, and we have been very impressed with the broad selection.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hi Lucy, thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear you have been enjoying our wines and hope you continue to do so for a long time to come. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Jen D.

Jen D.Southwest, VIC

Great Advent Calendar

OK after the year that really wasn't we are having a mini bottle of great wine counting down the days to Christmas. We will get another next year & the year after.........

Hi Jen,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very glad to hear that you've been enjoying our Advent Calendar. We hope to hear from you again soon.
Kind regards,

Review collected in partnership with Laithwaite's Wine People

Quality wines, great bonuses, bargain prices.

The quality range of wine offered by Laithwaites is second to none. They provide great tasting notes and cellaring advice.

Drink Responsibility Enjoy!!

Great Wines. Helpful sales staff, prompt delivery, competitive prices, a good balance of interesting information without overwhelming us with too much promotion.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that you have been enjoying our wines so much, we hope that you continue to do so for a long time to come. Look forward to hearing from you again soon!
Kind regards,

Michael M.

Michael M.Sydney, NSW

Best way to purchase wine

I always call directly the agent allocated to my account. He is both familiar with the latest wine offerings as well as most helpful in selecting the best way to extract maximum value. I am most satisfied with all my dealings with Laithwaites

See all Laithwaite's Wine People reviews