Laithwaite's Wine People

Laithwaite's Wine People (page 2 of 3)

Walter Puccetti

Walter PuccettiFar North Queensland, QLD

Great wine! Great people to deal with! ... execrable delivery system!!!

Bruce CopperRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent selection of wines

Both the wines in the Wine Club selection and those in other catalogue selections have very good and excellent value. Only had one wine that I did not like in the many dozens I have received.

Ferdz O.

Ferdz O.North-West & West coast, TAS

Unhappy with AusPost as Courier

I live at 235 Appleby Road Thirlstane Tasmania 7307. All Couriers, except AusPost will deliver parcels and wine to my door. With AusPost I have to travel 7 kms to local PO. At the local PO they will hand out the wine at a side door. Last trip I asked for a trolley but none was available and no help was offered to get the carton to my vehicle some didtance away. With a 15 bottle carton this is an onerous task for a 71yo. I will in future be checking a suppliers courier and will give preference to those who do not use AusPost.

Hi Ferdz O,
I am so sorry to hear that you have had such an unpleasant delivery experience with Aus Post. I have sent you a personal message in regard to the matter.
Kind regards,

Micklap

MicklapSydney, NSW

Good quality and quick delivery

Laithwaite's provides excellent service and good value, good selection of Australian and imported wines. I've been very much satisfied with taste of red wines I've tried so far, no regrets

Greg Clark

Greg ClarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Feedback on Order Process

the time taken from ordering on line to receiving my product takes far too long
In some cases I have had to call to find out where my order is at
As a customer I do not like to be scammed with on line purchases
Delivery delays make me think I have been scammed

Hi Greg,
Thank you for your review! I am so sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with the delivery of your wine. I have just sent you a personal message in regard to this.
Kind regards,

Review collected in partnership with Laithwaite's Wine People

Quality wine at great prices

Delivered the chosen goods on time and in perfect condition. I am happy with the service and the quality of the wine met my expectations. Information on the status of the order was a little confusing for a first time user.

Adrian Howie

Adrian HowieSydney, NSW

Not yet a good experience

First delivery inexplicably delayed - ultimately arrived with Laithwaite's replacement order. Call from Laithwaite's promised special discount - never happened. currently awaiting next order. if does not arrive within reasonable time, that will be it - never again. Clearly, Laithwaite's need to review and improve their ordering and delivery system, including sacking the current courier company. A shame, because the website makes so many promises.

Hello Adrian,
Thank you for your feedback. We're so sorry to hear that you had issues with the delivery of your wines. I've sent you a personal message so we can get everything fixed up for you.
Cheers, Laithwaites Wine People.

Caroline

CarolineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Haven't drunk it all (yet :-)

... but have received my first 4 cases from Laithwaites. So far, so good. But was perplexed when ordering, as the range is identical to Virgin Wines. Methinks you're all the same company or white-labelling?!? Whatever, happy to receive triple Velocity points.

Bill M

Bill MRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Best value wine on the market

I have been a member of Laithwaites Wine People for several years now and have never been disappointed with any of the wines they have supplied. One of the things I like is they get an idea of your likes and dislikes and provide recommendations based on your previous purchases. They have a ranking system that is easy to navigate with an option to provide a favourite tag at the same time. Advice is received in advance of when you can expect a delivery as well with the option of changing delivery address if you happen to be away at the time.

DeltaBega

DeltaBegaCanberra 2600, ACT

Questionable online customer service

I ordered a mixed case for Christmas through the National Trust Wine Service. The delivery came quickly but I wasn't impressed with the quality of some of the wine. Two bottles, in particular, weren't drinkable. I let them know via their website link and after 5 weeks I'd received an acknowledgment but no reply. They said a recent server crash "probably" lost my email. On contacting them again I was sent 2 replacements. The message here is that their intentions are good, but their online customer service is unreliable.

Max

Max

Disappointing

Provided you can get past the first few mouthfuls the wine is drinkable. It is similar, but inferior, to a 2016 Colonel & The Merchant Barossa Shiraz which retails at $10 a bottle. A lightweight wine that smells okay, looks okay and has a hint of honey. I really pulled a face when this one went down but giving the benefit of the doubt it probably needs leaving for 12 months then decanting before drinking. As I have 11 bottles left that is my intention. I would not purchase again.

Review collected in partnership with Laithwaite's Wine People

EXCELLENT WINE AND GREAT SERVICE.

I have enjoyed all the wines I have ordered all on line which are predominately red.
The wines are usually recommendations from smaller wineries at a great price.
I must admit I would like a few more varieties of reds to choose from during next year but have to say
the quality of all reds recommended and purchased this year have been excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Laithwaite's Wine People

Most of the wines are good quality

Only one wine thus has has not met my expectations, The various Shiraz labels have been consistently good . The Clare valley Riesling suits my taste buds well

pedro

pedroSunshine Coast, Queensland

I wish these wine people would provide the vintage of the wine they want me to buy

Laithwaite's sell a generally really good range of Aussie and imported wines, their prices are competitive, and the brochures well produced and attractive. But they don't list the vintage of the wines on offer. When I open the box I find some are ready to drink and some from last years crop. I like to drink my reds with at a least a couple of years on them, and I have limited storage space for wines and a Queensland climate that doesn't lend itself to long cellaring. So increasingly I buy from other suppliers that sell me wines a couple of years old and consign my Wine People brochures to the bin. Pity really.

Unsolicited order

I bought a box of wine for very good value then was sent another box unsolicited I really don’t like this type of marketing

Jonathan M.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello Stephen, we're so sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with your experience with us. We've sent you a private message to try and resolve this for you. Cheers, Laithwaites Wine.

Laila

LailaMelbourne

good quality

i use the wines to share with family and friends.
i like it when wine is delivered for free, with coupon.

Jonathan M.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hi Laila, Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely keep up the hard work here. Thanks again for taking your time to share your feedback with us.

Fair Value

The ordering was easy, the sales person was knowledgeable. And the rest of this is to fill up the 20 word minimum. Please do not impose a limit on people.

Good choice

Good wines at sensible prices. I Haven't had a real dud yet, and I've been a customer for some years. keep it up!

Robbo739

Robbo739Sydney, NSW

Fine wine but rubbish boxes

I have had two orders from Laithwaites. On both occasions, the boxes holding a dozen bottles have been poorly sealed and not robust at all. I was surprised that they actually held together during the trip from supplier to me. Why is that wine from other suppliers seems to be sent in strong, well-sealed boxes and these are not. Why do I care about the box? Because I don't want the wine inside to end up on the footpath rather than in my glass.

Jonathan M.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello Robbo, I am sorry this has been your experience when ordering. I have sent you a personal message so we are able to rectify this for you. Cheers Laithwaites Wine!

Consistent value and service

I have been buying wine from Laithwaites for more than 5 years. Only once did I receive a wine that I thought was faulty and it was replaced without hesitation. It offers a good opportunity to try wines from other countries and therefore expand my wine experience

See all Laithwaite's Wine People reviews