So disorganised

Ordered with enough time for Christmas. Slow dispatch. Confirmed redirect, never processed. Left without Christmas gifts. Poor service. Never again.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had receiving your wines and contacting us. We have sent a private message so we may resolve this issue for you.

Jameso

Jameso

CUSTOMER SERVICE TOTALLY ABSENT

I ordered 2 cases of wine on 19/11-one as a gift for my son in rural NSW and one for us in Perth. The NSW consignment arrived intact but our tracking showed ours has stalled in Victoria and has not moved for 3 weeks. I have emailed Laithwaites 3 times with only an automated response, tried a live chat during which I was told that reporting a delayed/missing order was too complex for live chat (?) and been advised to ring. I have rung repeatedly and each time had a recorded message that their phone line is down. Meanwhile I have no wine and in the unlikely event that it does turn up it’s been sitting around in the heat for almost 4 weeks. Very poor customer service-obviously Laithwaites do not care very much about repeat customers.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hi Jameso, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had receiving your wines and contacting us. We have sent a private message so we may resolve this issue for you.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Warning - Charge Credit Card without Authority

Beware of this organisation, once they have your personal and card details they automatically charge your card and send wine every 3 months. I had to dispute the unauthorised transaction with my bank and cancel the card to prevent this re-occurring every 3 months. Clear contravention of Australian Consumer Law s.18(1), deceptive and misleading conduct. I have referred them to the ACCC.

Lynne

LynneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor

Be careful with these guys they have your credit card details. We made an error and ordered numerous cases in error. They debited our card very quickly but you try and cancel an order or get a refund and they just stall or don't respond.I am cancelling my details with them and taking them to FairTrading.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. We have sent you a message so we may resolve this for you as quickly as possible.

Laurie CornishPerth, WA

Very bad experience. Not a happy customer. Never again.

ordered wine to take on a vacation, 6 weeks later still no wine. many email contacts were made with the same excuse proffered. still no wine. telephoned, no response. telephoned again , same excuses give, then an admission the wine box is lost. a refund requested and begrudgingly given. wine turns up once gone, sits in the sun for a week, box is wet. still excuses and they want payment for the box.. oh $20 off. poor service, poor management, no customer satisfaction. unbelievably disappointed with this group.

Laurie Cornish

Done that, again no response.

The_Fair_one

The_Fair_onePerth

Poor Communication and missing items

I ordered online. The wine took 20 days from Sydney to Perth which seems excessive. More disappointing were the following problems though:-
1. No reply to numerous emails I sent regarding my order and its current location
2. No inclusion of the promised Free Wine Guide Handbook
3. No inclusion of the promised two stemless glasses ( I'm not sure substituting a sub $20 bottle of wine really cuts it as a "fair' substitute.....)
4. No inclusion of the two 'Double Gold' winning XV Pure. A quick Google suggests the two NON award winning wines substituted are, again, of less value than that initially offered

Order 03936xx1993

Disappointed to be honest

Amanda

AmandaIllawarra, NSW

Waiting, waiting, waiting ... Vinomofo wins

I ordered a case with this company on 13 August 2020 - five weeks later no case - meanwhile I ordered with Vinomofo who delivered within 4 days - great wine and service

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hi Amanda, I am so sorry to hear that you have been waiting for your wine for such a long time. I have sent you a personal message regarding the matter. Kind regards, Laithwaites Wine People

Mark Attwood

Mark AttwoodSouthwest, VIC

4 weeks since the orde and nothing has arrived

4 weeks since the order was placed (29 July 2020) and as of today (27 August 2020) still waiting for delivery. No contact has been received as a follow from Laithwaites.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hi Mark. I have sent you a message so we can look into this for you.

Marie Williams

Marie WilliamsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great drop

As new red wine drinkers we have been very impressed with the varied but great tasting wines made available to us. Assistance with wine selection is helpful and the subsequent delivery process is very prompt.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They are scammers

Poor wine, no customer service and most of all instead of giving a refund they take more money from your credit card and hope you won’t notice. Tottal sleaze, stay well clear.

Not what i ordered

Ordered 12 bottles of different reds as advertise in the West Australian paper, only received two of the reds advertise. I didn't receive 12 bottles but 6 two each of the same wine. Will not return my emails. Will not deal with this mob again.

darthvegan

darthveganSouth Australia

Appalling and deceitful business

Pedro, North Adelaide

Pedro, North AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Be careful what you ACTUALLY sign up for!

Hey Thanks Alex D but...
You are only 3 months late!
Just a bit to late to resolve anything, don't you think?

Delivery disaster.

After placing a 2 case order on 12 April 2020 it took 6 weeks to resolve the non delivery of 1 case. This entailed 3 emails to Fastway Couriers and 3 phone calls and 2 emails to Laithwaites. Because of the time it took and the frustration involved I do not intend to ever order again from them unless they dramatically improve their problem resolution and delivery service.

Very Poor Service
Very Poor Service

Thank you for your apology. What I really wanted to hear is what steps you have taken to prevent this sort of thing happening in future. Strong action with your couriers Fastway would be a start.

Kaiaaron

KaiaaronMelbourne

Disappointing

Ordered for first time with Company on March 23, still no delivery. After contacting customer service two times I was told the same thing, 3-5 days it should be delivered

Find out how Laithwaite's Wine People compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

Christmas wine not delivered in time

I ordered my Christmas wine on 12 December. Still not delivered on Christmas Day. We had to rebuy all our Christmas wine on Christmas Eve. I rang customer service twice and neither time could they tell me where the wine was or guarantee delivery. Their excuse was that they were busy because it was Christmas. What a joke. I do not recommend them.

Will KentSydney, NSW

Lost my order - 2 weeks delay

I phoned in to check on this order was told it will be a couple of days, 2 weeks later still at warehouse. will not be using these services again.

Will Kent

These things happen! Atleast it made it.

Phil Moore

Phil MoorePerth, WA

Late being delivered.

Havn't received the order yet. Never arrived on the day it said, waited all day. Not sure when it is going to to be delivered. Very poor service. Will be going back to my other wine company.

Wine order gym

Can't assess as wine not delivered to me yet. This is a stupid & o n e r o u s c o n d I t I o n . S

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello Alexander, I am so sorry that your order has not arrived yet. I have just sent you a personal message to have this rectified for you as soon as possible. Kind Regards Laithwiates Wine.

Barry Patman

Barry PatmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too heavy,

When you are over 80,years old,the boxes of 16 are a bit hard to handle,but ,whats in the boxes is not at all hard to handle,thanks Lathwaites for Your excellent choices, Barry.

See all Laithwaite's Wine People reviews