Hello wine people.

Great wines. Good friendly service. Reliable delivery.
What more needs to be said to adequately describe your products and the way you do business.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that you have been enjoying our wines so much, we hope that you continue to do so for a long time to come. Look forward to hearing from you again soon!
Kind regards,

Robert B.

Robert B.Sydney, NSW

Great wine but delivery via fastway is slow

Great wines, good website but next time prefer delivery by Australia Post as they are much more efficient and their tracking much better. Via Fastway (or is that Sloway) the wine took days to come one suburb away but tracking said went to Brisbane. Go with Aussie Post please.

The 2 star drop from 5 star rating is simply based on the delivery experience via Fastway

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you have been enjoying the wines and sorry you have been experiencing issues with our delivery service. I have sent you a message so we may resolve this for you.
Kind Regards
Laithwaites Wine People

Solutionist

SolutionistGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect most times; so-so last time.

I've had a couple of great deals from these people, with some really excellent wines at very reasonable prices. The last case was just OK - nothing to get excited about. Service is always excellent, but we'll probably pass the next time around.

Bill

BillSouthwest, VIC

Has great potential but needs work

Good selection of quality wines, excellent process for payment and delivery, overall reasonable experience. Customer service, wine adviser difficult to contact and unreliable, needs shake-up. Have discussed with my wine loving friends and no-one else uses the service to date.

Trevor

TrevorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A reasonable value for money

A pleasant selection of red wines. Most of them are ready for drinking not too old but not to young as well. Some will cellar for a little while the rest are ready to drink.

Julian

JulianHobart, TAS

Not what I ordered

I, together with other friends, ordered the same case which we expected to have the same wines in them so we could drink and rate/review via video conference meetings over the course of the isolation period. Hardly a single carton was the same with substitutions made, so much, that one of the cartons had 5 different bottles to what was ordered. What made it worse, after I received my carton, I saw the original advertised carton was still up on your website even though the contents wasn't what I received. Not really good enough.

Cheers

Julian

Slow delivery

It was very slow delivery. I order on 16th of May and my parcel wasn't on the AUSPOST until 21st after I sent an e-mail complaining. Even though, the only information was "shipping information received by Australia Post". I had none information from AUSPOST NSW, the first information was when it arrived in Narangba, QLD, on 25th of May. Then the parcel was delivered next day.
Some days after, information was available from CHULLORA, NSW. Not sure what it is the use for that, as at that point my parcel has been delivered.

Hiccup with delivery

My first experience of ordering with Laithwaites was average. Delivery was quite slow but that may have been to do with delays due to Coronavirus. However the promised crystal glasses as part of the order were not included in the delivery and I had to email them to let them know. I was told they could be included with my next delivery or I could request they be sent separately. As I have no idea when my next order will be i have asked that they send them to me separately. Hopefully they will arrive soon. Not too sure if I would order again. Wine has been quite nice though - a good selection of whites.

leon

leon

Sometimes good

Seems to be listing more and more unheard of brands and prices are not always competitive. Occasionally there are some great bargains on well known brands, particularly when they offer discount vouchers.

Find out how Laithwaite's Wine People compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

A request to write a review of laithwaites by 'product review'.

Since the last review I completed I have lowered my opinion of Laithwaites because I feel the company's marketing has become 'messy', busy and complicated for certain purchasers. It is also unclear as to how the Velocity reward addition 'works' and I do not feel confident my rewards are always added. Yes, I can check my Velocity rewards myself but I should not have to do this. It appears to me that in a carton of, for example, 12 reds, approximately 4 are of a reasonable quality, very enjoyable and 8 are very new and not very enjoyable. I think there are too many wines to choose from and often I shut my computer and go to a liquor store.

Too Pushy

Wines very good.
Good at fixing problems.
But, should not be causing these problems in the first place.
To many "surprise cases turn up on door step. Often due to misleading case titles.
DO NOT like "personal wine advisor" cold calling. Clearly just a tele sales call centre person.
Will probably close my account in 2020.
Too much stress and hassle.
I like good wines, not bad wine sales methods.

Review collected in partnership with Laithwaite's Wine People

Will think twice before ordering again

Will think twice before purchasing again. The driver left my in my order in the sun on that 39 degree day. This is 2 steps from my shady front door area.

Fransc

FranscSydney, NSW

Advance Notice Please when a regular order is due

I like the wines BUT. Somehow I seem to be on a regular dozen list. I rang to cancel but just last week I was billed $199 without any email giving me an option.

Review collected in partnership with Laithwaite's Wine People

Happy with wine not the delivery

Unfortunately wine was delivered incorrect address. Only through honesty of person who received it that I finally got my wine. The wine I have drunk so far is excellent thanks

Robin Rawson

Robin RawsonVictoria

In general good quality wines

Not always my first choice but often good value and quality is generally good. Always a gamble buying online - or any previously untried wine, but that's part of the enjoyment.

Review

Sale man to keen to sell and quickly get to next customer. Did not listen and sold me a wine that is more medium than full bodied. Salesman had not really aquainted himself with what I had previously bought

Karen

KarenMid North Coast, NSW

new customer

I find the large boxes of fifteen bottles too heavy to lift from my front door to inside the house, maybe limit the number of bottles per box and send two boxes please.

Water Waste

Water WasteSouth Yarra

Easy and Efficient Ordering

Easy and Effective Ordering. Value for money will be in the drinking....???? Seems good value on face value compared to other options. Will try each bottle as time goes by.

David M

David MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too pushy

Continued to push other offers even after scheduled purchases. Found this unnecessary and untimely and was cynical about being selected for special offers. Too pushy even after my purchase commitment

Hi David,
Thank you for your review! I have sent you a personal message in regard to the matter.
Kind regards,

John SiblyPerth, WA

Employees don’t seem to listen to any complaints, just hand you onto orders.

Bad batch sent, reported, rang 2 weeks later and nobody knew anything about it, bottles replaced, thanks, then ordered again and received a mixture of bottles I didn’t order, no one seemed to care so I didn’t order for a while to get over my anger, last order was great, back to normal now it seems, thank you.

Alex D.Laithwaite's Wine People

Hello John, I am so sorry to hear of your experience. This is definitely not up to standard! I have just sent you a personal message so we can have this rectified for you. King regards,
Laithwiates Wine People

John Sibly

Thank you for acknowledging my message, I’m confident all will be rectified in house, last order great !!!

See all Laithwaite's Wine People reviews